Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sirius XM Available from the AppStore - Finally

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Sirius XM Available from the AppStore - Finally

Sirius/XM Radio on the iPhone.

You've been asking for it a good long while. uSirius filled the need for a short while but didn't last... and now Sirius has finally stepped up to the table and released an AppStore app for streaming Sirius/XM radio to your iPhone. The app is free if you have an XM or Sirius subscription already (well, if you don't the app is free too - but won't do much, ha).

Oh, and no, Howard Stern is NOT included.

SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced the availability of a free application on the Apple App Store that will allow iPhone and iPod touch users to access SIRIUS XM's groundbreaking and critically-acclaimed channels. The app will give SIRIUS and XM Internet subscribers access to 120 channels of sports, talk, entertainment, news, comedy and commercial-free music directly from their iPhone or iPod touch...

Users of iPhone and iPod touch with an Internet subscription to SIRIUS or XM have access to exclusive sports and entertainment programming from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service, including, Oprah Radio, MLB Home Plate, Martha Stewart Living Radio, SIRIUS NFL Radio, NHL Home Ice, PGA TOUR, Opie & Anthony, Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo, Playboy Radio, The Foxxhole comedy channel presented by Jamie Foxx, Blue Collar Comedy Radio, CNN, Fox News Talk and NPR.

SIRIUS and XM subscribers can also listen to 100% commercial-free music featuring exclusive shows from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service such as Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour and Tom Petty's Buried Treasure, as well as 24/7 music channels such as Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, The Grateful Dead Channel, Eminem's Shade 45, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, "Little Steven" Van Zandt's Underground Garage and Outlaw Country channels, B.B. King's Bluesville, Willie Nelson's Willie's Place, Elvis Radio, Siriusly Sinatra, Metropolitan Opera Radio and many others.

Some select programming, including MLB Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be available on the iPhone and iPod touch. Listeners will continue to be able to access that programming through the platforms they are currently offered on.

Users of iPhone and iPod touch who download the SIRIUS XM app will get access to exclusive, Internet-only showcase channels, such as SIRIUS XM Bootlegs, SIRIUS XM Talk Showcase, SIRIUS XM Music Showcase, and SIRIUS XM Comedy Showcase, featuring multiple plays of SIRIUS XM's acclaimed shows. Exclusive programming from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service, such as Here's Barbara with Barbara Walters, Oprah Winfrey's Soul Series, The Jamie Foxx Show, specials from Blue Collar Comedy and Raw Dog Comedy, selections from Artist Confidential series, and selections from exclusive live SIRIUS XM music performances, including pop, rock, hip-hop, country, jazz, and more, will be available now for the first time on the iPhone and iPod touch.

The SIRIUS XM app also allows users to:

-- Purchase a song heard on SIRIUS XM while it is being played or
    "Tag" favorite songs for later purchase from the iTunes Store.
    -- Save SIRIUS XM Internet channels for fast, easy access through a
    "Favorites" function.
    -- See the current channel plus what is playing on all other available
    channels via the "Lookaround" function.
    -- Quickly surf through 120 channels of SIRIUS XM programming on the fly
    with the flick of a finger using the innovative Multi-Touch user
    interface of iPhone and iPod touch.

There is no additional charge for listening to SIRIUS XM's programming on the iPhone or iPod touch once a user becomes a SIRIUS XM Internet subscriber or subscribes to the Company's Premium Online service in conjunction with their satellite radio subscription.

SIRIUS XM will also offer the ability for new users to sample SIRIUS XM Internet content on their computer and iPhone or iPod touch through a free, on-line pass and the opportunity to then become a SIRIUS XM subscriber with a few simple taps.
    AppStore (thanks JazJon)

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What The F*** Took Them So Long!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lilrican21; 06-18-2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sweet!! Finally! Now I need to sign up for a Sirius account.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Lame
    Kinda lame, no Stern and you have to pay for a premium account. I all ready have an online account and regular subscription and now they want anothe $2.99 for this? Pocket Tunes works just fine and has Stern!

Is this app only available in the US?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by f-dizzle View Post
    Is this app only available in the US?
    Yah...I just noticed that. Tried to get the app, and I was informed that the app was not available because I am using the "Canadian app store"

Boooo!!

Screw this app. I wanna listen to Howard, so I got Pocket Radio and I can stream him through that via my Sirius acct.

Quote Originally Posted by jayman5446 View Post
    Kinda lame, no Stern and you have to pay for a premium account. I all ready have an online account and regular subscription and now they want anothe $2.99 for this? Pocket Tunes works just fine and has Stern!
    I agreed, no Stern, no subscription. The only reason I was going to pay a subscription is because Howard Stern other than that, don't care.

ronfin44,

Can you elaborate. I am interested. You can send me a PM if you want.
    Last edited by rubenmer5; 06-18-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have an XM subscription and and it doesn't work. It says I need a premium online account. I already pay for it and doesn't work. A bunch of bull.

Useless without stern

Default Hello...It's FREE!
    Quit yer bitchin'.....it WAS goin to cost $9.99.....so free is a good deal I'd say.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drswaar View Post
    Quit yer bitchin'.....it WAS goin to cost $9.99.....so free is a good deal I'd say.
    Why is free a good deal? I am already paying for my subscription. That sucks. Should I have to pay for a special iPhone subscription? I would rather pay $5 for the app and use my account.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Screw this app. I wanna listen to Howard, so I got Pocket Radio and I can stream him through that via my Sirius acct.
    Pocket Tunes (not Pocket Radio)

Works great for me. (Howard Stern)

Here's how:
    Can I play Sirius Satellite Radio on Pocket Tunes Radio?

now i just need to wait for my 3GS tomorrow !

not happy that internet XM isn't free anymore.
    10bucks here
    10bucks there

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lazypineapple For This Useful Post:

bmp06gti (06-18-2009)

Until apps like this can continue to run with the screen turned off I'm not interested. it is a huge waste of battery to leave my phone permanently awake so I can listen to a stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    Until apps like this can continue to run with the screen turned off I'm not interested. it is a huge waste of battery to leave my phone permanently awake so I can listen to a stream.
    FWIW, Im using this as we speak on 3.0 & screen shut off after 1 min. & it works flawless.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd go for it only if online subscription was included in the 140 I've already paid for a year of XM Everything. I can't justify another $3 a month for something I'd rarely use.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

what is the reason for howard stern NOT being available on this app?

It makes no sense for Sirius to offer an application to PAID subscribers yet not provide all of the channels. I pay for it so I should get it, shouldn't I???????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast