+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 Jailbreak - PwnageTool Status Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
yeah like everyone else i rather wait to have it all fixed at once than to jailbreak it now and then once the new and fully fixed version comes out,
    Thanks
    yeah like everyone else i rather wait to have it all fixed at once than to jailbreak it now and then once the new and fully fixed version comes out, do it again...

and as for waiting till friday for ultrasn0w you should go watch the last minute of the video back again...

GO DEV-TEAM!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmass View Post
    i cant wait! but something weird is that 3.0 was supposed to a video camera & mms wasnt it? but mine doesnt have either of those? lol
    The video feature will only work on 3gS...MMS will work on 3.0 but not on AT&T for the time being. Once jailbreak is released just download Cycorder from Cydia.
    Last edited by Melech518; 06-18-2009 at 11:13 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

nmass (06-18-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh okay, thanks for that info atleast now i know my phone aint messed up

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

As much as I want a Zero hour Jailbreak, Im glad the "Dev-Team" does there due-diligence. but would agree with most, release the working jailbreak for those of us that do not unlock - NOW! I cant stand missing my Intelliscreen, MyProfiles, and Tlert!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And I believe MMS only works on 3G and 3Gs, correct me if I'm wrong.

Although obviously the 2G is capable of mms, as we've seen with Swirly. Oh well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lor443 View Post
    i don't understand why the Dev-Team is holding back ultra snow til friday. if there worried about apple finding out what the exploit is whats the difference the 3GS has already bin shipped to whoever preordered them and i doubt there gonna update every 3GS thats in the store already. Why wait til friday?!
    For thoes that have been here since the beginning will appreciate the dev teams wait. Here is how it normally goes...

"Hurry for the free program what are you waiting on gosh!!!"
    ---hmmm yup people B!t(H about free as well...
    "WTH DEV this product sucks it Bricked my phone!!! help"
    ---People cannot wait or... cant read!!!
    "HELP my iPhone updated to the new FW and Its useless on my other than ATT contract!!!"
    ---People do not READ and or Wait... Now they want an immediate fix!

So trust me whan I say... Let the dev team iron out the issues no matter how minor. It will save alot of bandwith and server space in the long run. Lastly Even when it is out you will see there will be idiots outthere that --DONT READ instructions-- And demand an immediate fix... or curse out the dev's... Heck just read the posts on this string...1st really???WTH?? And of course thoes that feel the need to post against them in a futile attempt to...hmmm well perhaps to act like a bad ***** or something...

Nuff said... Now... as soon as it comes out... PEOPLE PLease READ the instructions..

D-out

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-19-2009), Charlymanson (06-18-2009), nhstunner (06-18-2009), solojames (06-19-2009), vartech (06-18-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Where is that dock accessories app they showed? I want to see if the 3.0 software will allow me to use my 3G phone with devices that said "This device does not work with iPhone", or my car accesory that was designed for my ipod nano.. it will play the music off my iphone but wont charge
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks
    well that just sucks...the fact that its only on 3GS...I have MMS but I haven't tried it out yet since I need to unlock my phone because i got it from Rogers(AT&T in canada) but I am with Fido(another provider in Canada owned by Rogers)...

Thanks

we want jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    I wont thank you. I want to let you know that i accidently upgraded my iphone to 3.0 because when I plug in to my comp and I always press enter for carrier update and ignore it. It was a accidently.
    Restore back to your prev firmware and re-jailbreak... Problem solved... Next disable the auto update in iTunes and you will not have to worry about the mistake again. Hope this helps...

D

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Restore back to your prev firmware and re-jailbreak... Problem solved... Next disable the auto update in iTunes and you will not have to worry about the mistake again. Hope this helps...

D
    I heard about that also. I can prove that dont work on OS 3.0 and only work on 3.0 Beta. I tried doing it yesterday and failed. I kept doing research and found out that method work only on 3.0 betas and not OS 3.0. Thank you.

EXP
    Knoxville, TN >> Soon to be in Annapolis, Maryland
    Thanks

cool stuff Kyle! can't wait to actually use this!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    "The official 3.0 jailbreak release" that was quoted from the update post.

since when was this official? just because it's from the Dev Team doesn't mean that it's official.

don't get me wrong, i love the dev team and their work, but just pointing something out here. it seems that we have come to think of work from the Dev Team as the standard of jailbreaking...

not that anything we're doing here is official anyways
    -btung

i gotz this whole coding thing down

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btung View Post
    "The official 3.0 jailbreak release" that was quoted from the update post.

since when was this official? just because it's from the Dev Team doesn't mean that it's official.

don't get me wrong, i love the dev team and their work, but just pointing something out here. it seems that we have come to think of work from the Dev Team as the standard of jailbreaking...

not that anything we're doing here is official anyways

pedantic??

of course it is the official release!

official does not mean apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

The bad thing about new FW is jailbreak programs might not work... yet... Or have we worked around that problem yet?

Sorry... Its been a while since my phone was jailbroken - 2.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will there be instructions on how to? I currently have a jail broken 3g.

Do I take the 3.0 update then re jailbreak then ultrasn0w? Can someone provide the steps to take.

Thanks

Also I agree Leave the dev-team alone let them work. I have an idea the dev team should add a random number to there projected date and then release it when they planed too. Say ultraSnow will be ava 6/22 but release it 6/19 then everyone will cheer. They will become miracle workers just like Scotty.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can i updated my 2g iphone with the os 3.0? my iphone is jailbroken ready and i use with t mobile

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vartech View Post
    Will there be instructions on how to? I currently have a jail broken 3g.

Do I take the 3.0 update then re jailbreak then ultrasn0w? Can someone provide the steps to take.

Thanks

Also I agree Leave the dev-team alone let them work. I have an idea the dev team should add a random number to there projected date and then release it when they planed too. Say ultraSnow will be ava 6/22 but release it 6/19 then everyone will cheer. They will become miracle workers just like Scotty.
    These are the steps I am taking:
    1. Restore iPhone to firmware 2.2.1
    2. Then Restore(not update) firmware to 3.0
    3. Jailbreak
    4. Unlock using Untrasn0w

Hope this helps....

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-19-2009), vartech (06-18-2009)

Thanks

This thread is about the jailbreak or I it about children posting crap? Seriously if someone tells u that they don't like it when u pos "first" y are u just gonna fuel him more with a reply? I would just keep it moving and ignore him instead if continuing like a child....really....anyway, I hope the jailbreak works on my 3Gs , it's activated and ready for his jailbreak! I live the easy to clean screen!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi JoeJose

Do not upgrade yet the way i believe it is going the jailbreak may be out soon but the unlock will not come out until later and you would not be able to use it.