+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.0 Walk Through

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Can you please tell me, the newbie, what iLog is? Thank you!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you please tell me, the newbie, what iLog is? Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I found that I can use the original mail app to check my hotmail account. Not 100% that is new news, but it makes me happy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

any info on MMS?? how come mms does work on 3g os 3.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

After all that and still no contacts transfer via bluetooth. Are Apple completely stupid?
    Last edited by clive.weller; 06-19-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    After all that and still no contacts transfer via bluetooth. Are Apple completely stupid?
    you cant even send contacts throu mms , whats going on??

i'm going to call att and see what they say
    Last edited by streetthrowback; 06-19-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3G OS 3.0 Jailbroken ATT User

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what about multiple photo attachment in email?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by new0rder View Post
    what about multiple photo attachment in email?
    it works tried it???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I downloaded the wrong 3.0 software to Prawn, from the direct from apple link and can not get back to the link to download it for a 2g.

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got the iPhone 3GS, and while I was messing around with it on the way home, I found something pretty interesting. Under settings>general>accessibility, there's an option for Black and White, and when you slide it on, its changes the layout for the phone as if it were a theme out of Cydia!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by remz08 View Post
    I just got the iPhone 3GS, and while I was messing around with it on the way home, I found something pretty interesting. Under settings>general>accessibility, there's an option for Black and White, and when you slide it on, its changes the layout for the phone as if it were a theme out of Cydia!
    nice!!! can you show us some pics?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, the % battery life is a bossprefs or Sbsettings feture. Jailbreak your phone, install Sbsettings and done! Yay!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 2g iPhone that i just updated to 3.0.
    MMS doesnt work on it. Is there any other things that wont work on a 2g running 3.0?
    I was really looking forward to stereo bluetooth as i have a pair of Jaybird's.

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by streetthrowback View Post
    nice!!! can you show us some pics?
    i guess i would have, but it already got posted in news, here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you know what's really awesome? according to the 3.0 specs that you see when choosing to download through iTunes, the original iPhone can't do MMS at all. there's an asterisk, and following that down it says only on 3G and 3G S. i really hope that isn't true lol
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I messed up.
    Alright I really need some help right now. I had my iphone 3g jailbroken and it was great, had it said up just the way I wanted and I was using the third party app that allows you to make folders on your home screen. So I had a tools folder and a games folder on it at the time that I decided to update my phone to this 3.0. I had heard it wouldn't have an effect on my jailbroken apps.

Well, I was clearly dead wrong since my iphone was wiped clean of all of my jailbroken apps and what not, along with the apps I downloaded from the app store. It also took with it my native calculator and stocks apps since they were in folders.

So far i've restored twice and tried the back up but those apps are not coming back and also, since all of my app store applications were in my itunes i figured just by syncing again they would show up. It says the sync works and at the bottom bar in itunes it shows that those apps are being loaded and are taking up space on my iphone but they do not show up at all on my phone. But the apps that I didn't have in folders are showing up fine. Please, I just want my iphone to have all it's native apps back and for the apps I already had to show up again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

OK look....... If you are still holding on to the first iPhone (iPhone 2G)
    WTF are you waiting for!!!!!!! At least go get that 8GIG 3G for $99. If you're not on AT&T then you just gotta shell out the cash....... But please, stop asking why the MMS and Stereo Bluetooth isn't working on the 2G..... The answer is, THAT PHONE IS OUTDATED!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachmademeodd View Post
    Alright I really need some help right now. I had my iphone 3g jailbroken and it was great, had it said up just the way I wanted and I was using the third party app that allows you to make folders on your home screen. So I had a tools folder and a games folder on it at the time that I decided to update my phone to this 3.0. I had heard it wouldn't have an effect on my jailbroken apps.

Well, I was clearly dead wrong since my iphone was wiped clean of all of my jailbroken apps and what not, along with the apps I downloaded from the app store. It also took with it my native calculator and stocks apps since they were in folders.

So far i've restored twice and tried the back up but those apps are not coming back and also, since all of my app store applications were in my itunes i figured just by syncing again they would show up. It says the sync works and at the bottom bar in itunes it shows that those apps are being loaded and are taking up space on my iphone but they do not show up at all on my phone. But the apps that I didn't have in folders are showing up fine. Please, I just want my iphone to have all it's native apps back and for the apps I already had to show up again.
    yeah, i did that too, and I knew better I just forgot, now i cant play any of my games or get onto my bank account does anyone know what to do?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doran View Post
    ok look....... If you are still holding on to the first iphone (iphone 2g)
    wtf are you waiting for!!!!!!! At least go get that 8gig 3g for $99. If you're not on at&t then you just gotta shell out the cash....... But please, stop asking why the mms and stereo bluetooth isn't working on the 2g..... The answer is, that phone is outdated!!!!!!
    lol :d

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Really annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    MMS and Tethering not available on the 2G iPhone.
    This is one of these ridiculous things APPLE does trying to get all 2G phones to end up on the landfill. So on the one hand, they advertise how green they are, and on they other, they make sure people dump functional hardware to get features they don't want to enable in software.

We obviously know tethering works with the 2G phone, since we've done it. And there are third party MMS apps for the 2G iPhone, too. Yet Apple pretends these are hardware limitations.

Same things with Snow Leopard: first the claim was that it would be 64-bit only, now it has a 32-bit mode. Yet, even though the 32-bit-only intel machines are supported, PPC hardware that's 64-bit and faster and more powerful than these Core Solo and Core Duo machines are not supported.
    There goes a G5 with 8GB RAM and 64-bit capability to the dumpster, bought on the 64-bit premise, and when the first fully 64-bit capable version of OS X ships, it's not supported on these computers.

I wish Greenpeace would pick up on these things more, rather than whether or not there's some PVC around some cables inside the computer...

Now, where's SSH and Terminal for 3.0?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachmademeodd View Post

Two things that you need to do to solve this problem.

1. Throw your phone in the trash because you are an idiot who can't read or follow the simple instructions involved with being an iPhone owner or a reader of this website.
    2. Stand in traffic

Thank you for making everyone who read your post a shade dumber.