+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.0 Walk Through

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Why would I download a movie from iTunes when I can download it from torrents? Or shows? Apple taking advantage of little kids with parents' credit cards... tsk tsk
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why would I download a movie from iTunes when I can download it from torrents? Or shows? Apple taking advantage of little kids with parents' credit cards... tsk tsk

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    I could be wrong, and i more than likely am but i believe it is because downloading movies and tv shows via torrents for free is umm what`s the word....illegal, haha, but no apple really is taking advantage of little kids with credit cards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    ok, if you have sbsettings before 3.0 and you turn on the battery percentage
    THEN you update to 3.0 apparantly it stays that way
    because the ???mb partition you made last time you restored is still there and not accessible. will work for now but eventually you will want to do a full restore with a custom 3.0 (once jailbreak comes out)

for the text and mms

for now swirlymms is the only way it will work
    we just need jailbreak to get it
    and u wont need irealsms for landscape texting anymore but you may want to get irealquicksms to be able to reply from any screen, but you cannot just send a text from any screen, you have to be replying.
    very convenient, but i swore this was stock now.
    Quick question.....which I think I already know the answer to..........but, I have swirlymms now on my 2G, jailbroken 2.2.1 FW..will mms work? I think the answer is no since ATT has not turned the service on yet and since the service will only work with 3.0. So, I'm curious to how swirly would work?

Thanks

I confirmed that the internet tethering feature works with Back to My Mac (BTMM). I can finally access my Time Capsule away from home when tethered to my iPhone 3G. The browsing speed over HSPA is also faster compared to when I used the tethering apps PDAnet and iPhoneModem. I couldn't get either of those apps to work with BTMM. I like that Apple implemented a PIN (personal identification number) for an encrypted connection over Bluetooth to enter in my iPhone 3G tethering setting to tether securely to my MacBook Pro.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    ok, if you have sbsettings before 3.0 and you turn on the battery percentage
    THEN you update to 3.0 apparantly it stays that way
    because the ???mb partition you made last time you restored is still there and not accessible. will work for now but eventually you will want to do a full restore with a custom 3.0 (once jailbreak comes out)

for the text and mms

for now swirlymms is the only way it will work
    we just need jailbreak to get it
    and u wont need irealsms for landscape texting anymore but you may want to get irealquicksms to be able to reply from any screen, but you cannot just send a text from any screen, you have to be replying.
    very convenient, but i swore this was stock now.
    And I purchased iRealSMS from Cydia and you can reply and create a SMS message from any screen, regardless if you are currently in an app., by pressing the volume up button once and the volume will increase and the quick SMS reply will go away by pressing the volume up button twice. I love iRealSMS. No doubt when I do upgrade to 3.0 on my 2G or if I get a 3GS, i will be paying for it again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Maybe cause downloading movies over torrents is illegal

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    Maybe cause downloading movies over torrents is illegal
    because i didnt already say that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    From what I have read on Apple's and AT&T's site, the percentage next to the battery meter is a feature of the "3G S", so we will not get it on the 3G.
    Just to confirm this I have the percentage by the battery meter on my previously jailbroken 2g iPhone on 3.0 as well. So to get the percentage meter your phone had to have been jailbroken.

Thanks

With ireal quick SMS u can send a text from any app as u pre define a button to activate, then type persons name, then tex. Very cool

Thanks

Just a nice thing I found on 3.0... the dictionary now lets you type "lol" lowercase and "uh huh" and probably more that I haven't used yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

What About VOICE CONTROL in iPhone 2G am i missing it????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    What About VOICE CONTROL in iPhone 2G am i missing it????
    How can you miss something you never had?

Thanks

I use to be on a jailbrken 2.2.1 and before I updated to 3.0 I did a restore to the stand 2.2.1.

Now I am on 3.0 and I noticed don't have the stocks app nor the weather app. Why is this? I think I might have had them hidden before.. Is there some jailbroken stuff still potentially running in the back ground? If so how would I be able to remove it?

Cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

WHERE IS IT? i was soooo exited about this feature. isi itf 3G S only??????!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    MMS and Tethering not available on the 2G iPhone.
    How did you know that is not available? Did you already test it?
    Boil your iPhone 2G in 110 degree temperature water to transform it to iPhone 3G S!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quick question.... Anybody have any info on sending your "location" via MMS??? If so I've got a big THX 4 U!!

Banned
    Thanks

Didnt you miss the bit about video recording?
    Thats beena missing part from day one.

The part I'm missing is bluetooth COM ports so I can link my bluetooth GPS to the 2G iPhone. Then I wont need to upgrade to the 3G.

Didnt you miss the bit about video recording?
    Thats been a missing part from day one.

The part I'm missing is bluetooth COM ports so I can link my bluetooth GPS to the 2G iPhone. Then I wont need to upgrade to the 3G.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 06-19-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey i have a 3g iphone and i just updated the os to 3.0, how come the mms doesnt work???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does anyone who if you can forward text messages and delete individual call entries

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone had trouble connecting their phone to their PC via bluetooth. I am running Vista 32bit, but each time I try to connect, it looks for the correct drivers but does not find them. I did a quick google search but couldnt find the drivers.