Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.0 Walk Through

I dont have the percentage next to the battery. dont see anything anywhere in the options to enable/disable.

I also dont see any options to even try MMS... no way of adding a picture.

quit asking about the damned mms!!!!! It is not going to be available legitimately until later this summer when at&t decides you can have it!!!!!

So, apparently by everything we have seen, the only way to get the percentage beside the battery icon is if you previously had the phone jailbroken. I am yet to have anyone tell me how to do it if you have NOT ever jailbroken the phone.
    Last edited by steveken; 06-18-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    How do you send a text without closing the app you are currently in? This is something I have never heard of before.
    iRealSMS or iQuickSMS. It's a paid app on Cydia, but worth every damn cent.

will facebook have push notifications when you get messages and such? or have I got the wrong end of the stick...?

Green Apple
    Thanks

don't think so. i have facebook on my phone now and in settings there is no options for push.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Hi, I agree great post. Even tho these should have been added from day 1 it makes the phone great again. If u could text without closing an app it would have been good, but I'll guess I'll just have to jb again. I tried a2dp on a Panasonic system in my shop and it was excellent and I also sent my first mms in about 5 years ;p
    Yeah, about the quick reply to text messages...someone needs to come up with a reply widget so that way when a new text pops up, you could reply to it right away and continue with what you were doing without having to close out your App to reply. This can be annoying sometimes when you are playing games.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ok, if you have sbsettings before 3.0 and you turn on the battery percentage
    THEN you update to 3.0 apparantly it stays that way
    because the ???mb partition you made last time you restored is still there and not accessible. will work for now but eventually you will want to do a full restore with a custom 3.0 (once jailbreak comes out)

for the text and mms

for now swirlymms is the only way it will work
    we just need jailbreak to get it
    and u wont need irealsms for landscape texting anymore but you may want to get irealquicksms to be able to reply from any screen, but you cannot just send a text from any screen, you have to be replying.
    very convenient, but i swore this was stock now.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    No, its not the "clock alarm". Since when has an alarm clock notification shown the information as 95%? LOL, I don't think you even knew what he was asking about.

Was it previously jailbroken?
    I did not see the 95% as I was looking near the battery... LOL Ops!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Maybe there is a setting for this that I cannot find but with 3.0 my phone starts up with the lock screen now and not the home screen. Also it says searching for a very long time before I get the AT&T symbol and bars (although it seems to receive call just fine while it says searching). I've also noticed (and maybe its been said) but the little black box next to the camera icon now shows the last photo that is in your camera roll.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Smile Other new future is
    Other feature is you can select the email and deleted any world or paragraph by clicking the back space
    the other one is when you make a phone call you can see the time and day it was made or miss and rest he already fill you in
    Last edited by jibaro3; 06-18-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    Other future is you can select the email and deleted any world or paragraph by clicking the back space
    the other one is when you make a phone call you can see the time and day it was made or miss and rest he already fill you in
    I'm sorry I just have to do it cause you totally did it twice in one message. I believe the word you were looking for is FEATURE

Thanks

Lol typing from my iPhone

Im loving the landscape texting very good. It be good if the home screen went landscape too i seen it in a video somewhere but havent heard anything since. My pic mms is working sweet too Yipee!

Ok, where is the voice command feature? On my previous phone I had voice command and it would also announce the caller's name that I have prerecorded, even on my bluetooth so I knew who was callings and can choose whether to answer or not without having to pull out the phone and checking the caller ID. Will the iPhone have this feature too?

Hey! Does anybody know if tethering is more expensive? How would AT&T track it if we just enable it ourselves?

Btw, firmware 3.0 is worth the upgrade. I too was unaware of the scrubbing, thanks for the tip! =) Texting in landscape is AWESOME. The only bad thing is, you can modify a conversations... kinda dangerous.

Another new feature i think that is added is you can View Flag Rate on all comments in Youtube and i might be wrong but a think this is new!
    Last edited by tommy202; 06-18-2009 at 04:47 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

@steveken

it's the biteSMS app from Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If SwirlyMMS worked on your 2.2.1 phone, copy down the settings and it will work on your 3G iPhone as well. When I installed Swirly on my jailbroken Beta 5 it crashed (bricked) the entire phone.

Thats odd, some of my posts are disappearing. The last one I did in here addressed the question about tethering pricing that I found. I don't know why it was deleted, but it was. If you wanna know the price that has been floated around as the price for tethering, PM me and ask.

In your picture you have the battery strength in % but mine just upgrade doesn't have this feature. Why ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast