+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Has Updated their iPhone 3G S Upgrade Policies

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
yea i was just on the phone again because it says im not eligible after i spoke to a rep yesterday that said i will be. and the best price
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea i was just on the phone again because it says im not eligible after i spoke to a rep yesterday that said i will be. and the best price means that apple and at&t are allowed to give the full upgrade price. the guy said its the best price they are willing to give you. I guess some apple stores or at&t corporate stores have more pull than others.
    XBL-JUVE05
    COD4-step ur game up or go home.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dis doesnt help me i got my upgrade in december **** them

i called them and individuals who purchacesd the iphone within those months and also has an upgrade coming up online in these months of july - september can recieve the cheapest upgrade price

certain people who pay higher then 99 a month for their iphone bill are eligible for tht price.

so not everyone who bought the iphone when it came out is actually eligible
    Last edited by umee1989; 06-18-2009 at 08:56 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So ATT really did nothing for 3G folks...unless you pay over 100 a month per line...and even then, you might not make their requirements.
    Really?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice! i get the 200 dollar price for only having a 3g for a year? hmm.. i assumed reduced down to 400 not 200.. Good news.

Thanks

Default this is still not a fair solution.

the fine print says it all... having to spend a minimum of 99.00 a month on the individual line is absurd because it screws people that have standard family plans out of being eligible for the "promo" pricing. i thought that this was too good to be true. now all this says is that at&t cares about who is paying them more. if your are eligible to upgrade in July August or September you should be able to upgrade regardless of your financial contribution to the company is. That is going to single out more people than if they were to just have kept it the way it was and held firm the upgrade policy they had. Creating this one didnt solve the problem. It created a new one. I am back to waiting until the 10th of July to be able to get a 16g 3gs for 199.99 just because I am not the same customer as the guy that pays $30-40 more than me a month. But as at&t reps are quick to point out... they really would like to be able to do something for me...
    but they arent going to.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom3k View Post

the fine print says it all... having to spend a minimum of 99.00 a month on the individual line is absurd because it screws people that have standard family plans out of being eligible for the "promo" pricing. i thought that this was too good to be true. now all this says is that at&t cares about who is paying them more. if your are eligible to upgrade in July August or September you should be able to upgrade regardless of your financial contribution to the company is. That is going to single out more people than if they were to just have kept it the way it was and held firm the upgrade policy they had. Creating this one didnt solve the problem. It created a new one. I am back to waiting until the 10th of July to be able to get a 16g 3gs for 199.99 just because I am not the same customer as the guy that pays $30-40 more than me a month. But as at&t reps are quick to point out... they really would like to be able to do something for me...
    but they arent going to.
    Wish mine was in July, I bought the 3G on launch day and I am not upgrade eligible until next MARCH. guhhh
    Really?

Thanks

What the hell is with all these people that are eligible to upgrade in July and August??

I bought the 3G the day it came out and I'm not eligible until January 1st of 2010. I called in and the rep said it's always a year an a half before you're eligible to upgrade on any phone. Seems like bullsh!t to me since I KNOW I've upgraded RAZR's and whatnot in the past every year.

However, I did extract piece of good news for some people.. the internal memo that ATT reps are getting says that anyone who PURCHASED AND ACTIVATED the iphone 3g within jun-sept of 08 are eligible for the upgrade, so the main article text here is wrong. I'm 100% certain on this part, as I would have been eligible and she was ready to do it until I found out about the 99.00/month requirement and about **** a brick.

I'm glad the petition worked for some of you but still pissed to be a second rate customer as usual. Lot of good all this **** did.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

I emailed AT&T and they pretty much told me they couldn't do anything for me. Where I am an add-a-line on a Family Plan, they said they can't do anything.... I fit every other criteria but apparently my line doesn't cost 99+ dollars when my family plan is like 160-180 a month.

I think that's pretty crappy because I am still paying them money, but they show no mercy!

Way to go AT&T.... someone needs to find a way around this because I think they should give the discount to anyone who had the 3G within the first few months... Of course we are going to be loyal customers because AT&T is the only carrier in the US to carry the iPhone, I'm not switching carriers, lol.

Suggestion?
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234