+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Has Updated their iPhone 3G S Upgrade Policies

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Guys, IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE POST MEANS? I am just sitting here reading thru it and cannot believe that it's this complicated for some. I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Guys,
    IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE POST MEANS?

I am just sitting here reading thru it and cannot believe that it's this complicated for some.
    I am sorry for being frustrated but its pretty clear and on the point who is eligible and when and how much you have to pay to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    I haven't read through all the replies yet but i am here to say that if you have a First Generation iPhone, or a regular iphone 3G, don't bother with the upgrade. Most of (nearly all) the new features are only available on the 3G S. Sure you get cut and paste, voice recording and landscape typing but if your iphone was hacked, you already had that stuff and more. All the really good stuff is reserved for the 3G S (even though the older iphones are perfectly capable of running all those programs. I made the mistake of upgrading and now my phone is only slightly better than some LG touchscreen pile of crap. The worst thing is, I can't get the functionality back because the iPhone Dev Team hasn't released a QuickPwn for 3.0 yet. I just can't believe apple would screw over it's customer base once again.

Sad Sad day!
    As soon as you have a 3MP camera, a better processor, and more RAM from Cydia let me know.
    Last edited by rolandgabor; 06-17-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Now, now, now, don't make it sound like the 3GS isn't going to be any fun, cause for those that have the jack to pay for this thing one way or another, or for iPhone virgins just stepping up to plate, this thing is going to be just great*!

*Until they figure out that AT&T sucks.
    I think I accidentally posted to the wrong thread.

Anyhow, don't get me wrong, the 3G S is gonna be great and I am getting one as soon as possible!!! But the upgrade for the 2G and the regular 3G is useless.
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

Thanks

This just forces me to wait till the 4g's come out next year .

Green Apple
    Thanks

im kinda frustrated, i pre-ordered the 3GS on last saturday, til now i have not received an email from ATT,
    that pisses me off tho. bullsh!t

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder if I could just log in to my account on AT&T's site and change the device type of a normal non-iPhone line (that is upgrade eligible in August) to an iPhone 3G to receive the $199 price on the 3G S on Friday...

Thanks

im going to camp out tomorrow night bc i was out of town with no internet access all last week :/

so hopefully my att store gets a big enough shipment to handle the preorders and ppl for first come first serve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    This just forces me to wait till the 4g's come out next year .
    Seriously. I was REALLLY looking forward to the 3 MP camera and processor and RAM, but I don't know if that justify's me paying $400/500 early upgrade price (after being boned hard by AT&T)

I'm eligible in December. Yeah, I could use a family's, but hell I don't use the camera because I learned to not trust the crappy 3G one. The RAM and Processor? Yeah I could use it, but I've learned to deal with it anyway. The 3.0 is keeping me happy, a few bugs and tweaks but that's why Apple is update happy anyway.

I'll wait until the next gen comes out, with a little more speed, more memory (not that I need more than 16gb anyway) and HOPEFULLY a flash. That would be nice, but I'm a patient man.
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

Thanks

Just logged into my AT&T account to see what it said and got the following in bold below....

I bought the 1st gen on day one, and got the 3G on 7/23/08. I'm on a family plan with my wife and our monthly bill is over $170. Unlimited texting, 1400 minutes, iphone data, and unlimited data for my wife on her unbranded E71. And that includes our 10% military discount.

Oh ya, I've been with AT&T since 1992!!!! I still remember all the B.S. that happened with the GSM tranition, then the merger with Cingular, then, then, etc...

Maybe the system hasn't been updated yet?

It's showing I'm "eligible" to get a 3G(s) for $399/$499.

You are not eligible to upgrade at a discounted price due to your length of service. However, you may still purchase a phone/device at the full price. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price on 07/23/2010

You are eligible for an early upgrade to an iPhone at a reduced discount. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade to an iPhone at a discounted price on 07/23/2010
    Last edited by shawn o; 06-17-2009 at 09:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by name00 View Post
    im kinda frustrated, i pre-ordered the 3GS on last saturday, til now i have not received an email from ATT,
    that pisses me off tho. bullsh!t

The "lack of" Customer Service people and "supervisers" at AT&T all know me by name. I call with so many legitimate issues and complaints, they probably gave me the credit to shut me up!!

Honesty is there any company out there with 1000+ customers that give a S@#T about customers

If we organize I could start a Customer service advocacy group
    Last edited by timbo; 06-17-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    Thanks,

Timbo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timbo For This Useful Post:

name00 (06-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default AT&T "My Account" is down
    The AT&T "My Account" is down. Are they updating the upgrade eligibility for those who qualify?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I can log in for a few seconds, but if I click something, I get kicked off with a "System Maintenance" error

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muffpirate View Post
    WTF?

Like it matters.. contract renews anyway.. ****** loot whores
    I know man, They make so much money on the contracts. Those bastards!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

New and Qualified Customers
    ―New and qualified‖ iPhone 3G S and iPhone 3G pricing is available to all new AT&T customers and existing AT&T
    customers who have fulfilled their previous agreement and sign a new 2-year service agreement.

We’re now pleased to offer our iPhone 3G customers who are upgrade eligible in July, August or September
    2009 our best upgrade pricing, beginning Thursday, June 18.

If you’re one of the many customers who will benefit from this change, please note that our upgrade eligibility website
    will reflect this change on Thursday, June 18. We invite you to come to our stores beginning Friday during normal
    store hours, although please be aware that we may have limited supplies of iPhone 3G S. You may also preorder
    online on June 18 at iPhone 3G S, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular, and your iPhone 3G S will arrive in 7 – 14 days.

this does not make any sense anyone who bought the 3g had to have gotten it last year and is not going to be eligible for an upgrade until another year!!!! u sign a 2 year contract so wtf are they talking about????????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by umee1989 View Post
    this does not make any sense anyone who bought the 3g had to have gotten it last year and is not going to be eligible for an upgrade until another year!!!! u sign a 2 year contract so wtf are they talking about????????
    Who ever said that upgrade eligibility had ANYTHING to do with your contract running out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KoNeko View Post
    Who ever said that upgrade eligibility had ANYTHING to do with your contract running out?
    maybe im wrong not 100% sure but i thought to have an upgrade u have to be done ur commitment of how ever many years u have on tht contract idk thts what i thought maybe im wrong

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

My account is all messed up heh. My 2 year contract that I started with the 2G is about to end in October, but I am not eligible to upgrade.

I am using the 3G, but I never paid for it. I swapped my 2G with a Tmo guy's 3G that couldn't unlock at that time.

That puts me 20 months into my current contract.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Now that is the news I wanna know. I use the latest iPhone with 3G compatibility and couldn't test it so far. Time has come to test it really enjoying the news.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you got the iPhone 3G 1 year ago when it launched consider this:

ETF 1 year into your iPhone 3G contract = $115

Terminate your current contract, then sign up as a new customer. You just saved $103 compared to ATT's 'special' upgrade pricing and $18 upgrade fee.

Just sayin...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

spoke to a rep yesterdaqy and anyone who has bought an iphone before october so 9/31/08 and prior are eligible for best price which is the 199/299 pricing as long as the monthly reoccuring charge is more than 99 dollars and there is no past due balance. to check if you are eligible hit *639#(*new#) and that will let you know if you are eligible for the best price.......
    XBL-JUVE05
    COD4-step ur game up or go home.

Thanks

lol...quit telling me youre listening and turn on my damn mms!...lol priceless, even more priceless watching/hearing him read that

Quote Originally Posted by acascio05 View Post
    spoke to a rep yesterdaqy and anyone who has bought an iphone before october so 9/31/08 and prior are eligible for best price which is the 199/299 pricing as long as the monthly reoccuring charge is more than 99 dollars and there is no past due balance. to check if you are eligible hit *639#(*new#) and that will let you know if you are eligible for the best price.......
    so i bought mine in july, pay $120/month, no past due balance and it still tells me not eligible until december? called att also and they told me same thing.

anyone else get different results?
    Last edited by andrunious; 06-18-2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost