Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T Has Updated their iPhone 3G S Upgrade Policies

  1. #21
    [QUOTE=s2kpdx;4420701]No, If you were going to be eligible for an upgrade in July, August, or September of this year, then you have now just became eligible. Basically they should just say anyone that bought the 3g on release day is still not eligible for the 199/299 pricing...

    Thats kinda random. whatever, atleast there doing something. Lucky for my my mom is eligible for an upgrade in july, guess ill take her upgrade so i can get the phone at launch. Dont wana break my tradition

  2. #22
    This worked out in my favor. No line on my account is eligible for an upgrade until August. Mine isn't until next year. So the fact that this just tripped a cheap upgrade on one of my lines makes this a lot cheaper of a deal for me

  3. #23
    lame.. now theres gonna be even more people waiting in line on thursday night/ friday morning.

    :/

    ohwell, almost everyone got wat they wanted.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipseballer08 View Post
    lame.. now theres gonna be even more people waiting in line on thursday night/ friday morning.

    :/

    ohwell, almost everyone got wat they wanted.
    wrong read my post above.

  5. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 99 Times in 67 Posts

    Umm what the $%#^ no mms until late summer?? Are they serious!!! Then whats the point of 3.0 update!!! Omg!!!! I think i'm going to get a different phone. This is just plain stupid..........

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post


    In response to customer outcry and things like the petition AT&T has decided to change some of their iPhone 3G S upgrade policies. They have extended upgrade eligibility to people that will have upgrades coming up in July, August or September 2009.

    Full Details

    haha i wish that would lower the price of our Apple(hack)Store iPhones

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburg, California, United States
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Ship-to address:
    Tim Smith
    2712 Oak Road
    Apt 58
    Walnut Creek CA 94596

    To Our Valued Apple Customer:


    On June 17, AT&T announced a change to their upgrade eligibility policy
    and ‘best upgrade pricing’ for qualifying iPhone 3G owners.

    Based on AT&T’s updated qualification criteria, we are pleased to inform
    you that you are eligible to receive a refund on your recent
    iPhone 3G S purchase.

    Your Order Acknowledgment and Shipment Notification emails will reflect
    the original purchase price. However, Apple will issue you a refund in
    the amount of $200.00, which is the difference between your original
    purchase price and the new qualifying price.

    Apple will process your refund in the next 5 days, and will send you an
    email when this has been completed. We will process your refund based
    on your original payment method. See below for details.

    No additional action is needed on your part for you to receive the
    refund. These activities will not impact your estimated delivery dates.

    You can view the most up-to-date status of your order, including
    monitoring the details of your refund, at online Order Status
    .

    Thank you for choosing Apple.

    Sincerely,
    Apple Online Store Team


    Answers to many Apple Online Store questions can be found at
    Online Help

    Refund Details
    -Credit card refunds are sent to the card-issuing bank. Please contact
    the card-issuing bank with questions about when the credit will be
    posted to your account.
    -Apple Gift Card payments are refunded in the form of a new Apple
    Gift Card. Please allow up to five business days to receive your
    new Apple Gift Card via United States Postal Service (USPS) after
    processing.
    -Cash payments are refunded in the form of a check from Apple, which
    will be mailed to your billing address.
    Thanks,

    Timbo
    _______________________________________________
    LOVE APPLE... LOVE iPHONE.... HATE HATE AT&T

  8. #28
    this special upgrade deal is for those who will have their contract renewals coming up in july, august, or september

  9. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So...let me get this straight:

    This "updated 3G S upgrade eligibility" hoo-hah only applies to those who spends over $99 a month on their phone bill AND AT&T has said in the past their upgrade eligibility is in the months of July, August or September?

    Then there's the "if you BOUGHT your phone in those months, you're eligible for the ultra-subsidized price of $200/300" shenanigans.

    I bought my 3G on September 23, 2008. My monthly bill is $98.56. If they really are saying those who spend OVER $99 are upgrade eligible 12 months instead of 18 months, then I'm 44 cents away from saving $200.
    Last edited by Nintendo Tim; 06-17-2009 at 06:53 PM.

  10. #30
    ^^ well tht rly sucks.

    and yeah rettignick, but still, its gonna be more people than previously were.

    bc now tht these eligible people can pay 199 or 299

    that "worthless compass app" or "small upgrade in speed" is gonna be all they can talk about when they get their new 3GS

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 32 Times in 15 Posts

    I just asked AT&T on their official FaceBook page and they said that the new eligibility rules only apply to previous 3G owners, not anyone on AT&T.

    I'm still wondering if this means I could use my August upgrade (from another line on a Family Plan with my 3G) to get the 3G S for $199...

  12. #32
    @timbo
    how much is ur bill monthly, are u on a family plan, and before you purchased the phone what was your upgrade month?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Tim View Post
    So...let me get this straight:

    This "updated 3G S upgrade eligibility" hoo-hah only applies to those who spends over $99 a month on their phone bill AND AT&T has said in the past their upgrade eligibility is in the months of July, August or September?

    Then there's the "if you BOUGHT your phone in those months, you're eligible for the ultra-subsidized price of $200/300" shenanigans.

    I bought my 3G on September 23, 2008. My monthly bill is $98.56. If they really are saying those who spend OVER $99 are upgrade eligible 12 months instead of 18 months, then I'm 44 cents away from saving $200.
    u have to spend $99 a month before fees and taxes, like the 700 minute plan with unlimited texting.

    Quote Originally Posted by eclipseballer08 View Post
    ^^ well tht rly sucks.

    and yeah rettignick, but still, its gonna be more people than previously were.

    bc now tht these eligible people can pay 199 or 299

    that "worthless compass app" or "small upgrade in speed" is gonna be all they can talk about when they get their new 3GS
    i understand, but only a select few people will get the upgrade price, most users are on family plans or dont pay more than 99 a month, u have to be eligible for a 12 month upgrade instead of a 18 months upgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by KoNeko View Post
    I just asked AT&T on their official FaceBook page and they said that the new eligibility rules only apply to previous 3G owners, not anyone on AT&T.

    I'm still wondering if this means I could use my August upgrade (from another line on a Family Plan with my 3G) to get the 3G S for $199...
    could be, but the att rep i spoke to said it should apply to any att user. im gonna call them back and get more information because this is extremely poorly worded and really only allows people to upgrade 1-3 months early if they pay over 99 a month before taxes and fees.
    Last edited by rettignick; 06-17-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburg, California, United States
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    I have been stuck here:
    Location Date Local Time Description
    LOUISVILLE,
    KY, US
    06/17/2009 2:06 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    ANCHORAGE,
    AK, US
    06/16/2009 6:52 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

    06/16/2009 1:48 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    CHEK LAP KOK,
    HK
    06/16/2009 11:14 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

    06/16/2009 7:49 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    SHENZHEN,
    CN
    06/15/2009 9:08 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    CN 06/16/2009 1:10 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    For about 30 hours... WHAT GIVES. When will my iphone come state side
    Thanks,

    Timbo
    _______________________________________________
    LOVE APPLE... LOVE iPHONE.... HATE HATE AT&T

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 32 Times in 15 Posts

    could be, but the att rep i spoke to said it should apply to any att user. im gonna call them back and get more information because this is extremely poorly worded and really only allows people to upgrade 1-3 months early if they pay over 99 a month before taxes and fees.
    Yeah, all of this is getting very aggravating. But, you can see AT&T's response to me (name is Josh) on FaceBook.com/att. Not too far from the top. I'm REALLY hoping I can just use the upgrade from my other line to get the phone, but I don't know if it has to be the actual iPhone owner, or just the plan that the owner is on.

  15. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburg, California, United States
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post
    @timbo
    how much is ur bill monthly, are u on a family plan, and before you purchased the phone what was your upgrade month?
    I pay $120/mo for 2 lines.
    Thanks,

    Timbo
    _______________________________________________
    LOVE APPLE... LOVE iPHONE.... HATE HATE AT&T

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    I pay $120/mo for 2 lines.
    is that before or after taxes?

  17. #37
    Default Sad sad day
    I haven't read through all the replies yet but i am here to say that if you have a First Generation iPhone, or a regular iphone 3G, don't bother with the upgrade. Most of (nearly all) the new features are only available on the 3G S. Sure you get cut and paste, voice recording and landscape typing but if your iphone was hacked, you already had that stuff and more. All the really good stuff is reserved for the 3G S (even though the older iphones are perfectly capable of running all those programs. I made the mistake of upgrading and now my phone is only slightly better than some LG touchscreen pile of crap. The worst thing is, I can't get the functionality back because the iPhone Dev Team hasn't released a QuickPwn for 3.0 yet. I just can't believe apple would screw over it's customer base once again.

    Sad Sad day!
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seandiego For This Useful Post:

    Napoleon_PhoneApart (06-17-2009), r1994augusto (06-17-2009)

  19. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburg, California, United States
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post
    is that before or after taxes?

    after
    Thanks,

    Timbo
    _______________________________________________
    LOVE APPLE... LOVE iPHONE.... HATE HATE AT&T

  20. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    after
    see i pay 150 a months before taxes for 4 phones and att is telling me that i am not gonna be eligible. wtf is wrong with them? what are the magical combinations of **** that make you eligible. this makes no sense whatsoever, now im one the phone for the 3rd time today

  21. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    I haven't read through all the replies yet but i am here to say that if you have a First Generation iPhone, or a regular iphone 3G, don't bother with the upgrade. Most of (nearly all) the new features are only available on the 3G S. Sure you get cut and paste, voice recording and landscape typing but if your iphone was hacked, you already had that stuff and more. All the really good stuff is reserved for the 3G S (even though the older iphones are perfectly capable of running all those programs.
    Now, now, now, don't make it sound like the 3GS isn't going to be any fun, cause for those that have the jack to pay for this thing one way or another, or for iPhone virgins just stepping up to plate, this thing is going to be just great*!

    *Until they figure out that AT&T sucks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •