Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 is Here. iPhone / iPod Touch Come and Get it.

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    People should really READ before posting the same questions over and over. Yes, 3.0 gm is the EXACT same firmware as what apple released today. Yes, if you update bye bye jailbreak and/or unlock. I guess it's true there ARE stupid questions AND stupid people.
    I love the way people state as fact things that are not true and then call other people stupid.

If you update a 2G you will not lose your unlock. You will, however lose your activation meaning that although you can still make and receive calls you will be stuck on the 'Emergency calls only' screen.

There is a hack to get round this but by the time I've found it quickpwn will be out and you can use that to activate.

3G you will lose jailbreak and unlock but the jailbreak will be fixed as soon as the Dev Team release the tools today but we will have to wait until Friday for UltraSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Seriously, the whole Voice Control not being on the 3G is stupid. Really, does it really require that much to run it? So... tt can't be run on the 3G? No, probably can, they just want you to buy the 3GS.... bull.

Never thought about losing my activation. Now i'm stuck on emergency calls screen. Someone know a way around it that won't take two and a half days?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treybo23 View Post
    Where the Hell is MMS? I know AT&T havent Updated it, But should MMS still be avail. on 3.0?
    read thread

has anyone gotten push to work? i've downloaded all the apps that supposedly have "push" aim, im+, tap tap, but none give me any options to activate push in settings... ?!?!?
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ coloradoxmfan

Do you know, if we have A2DP? I couldn't check that one yet.

In addition to what you've already listed here; I noticed a more informative 'recents' list in the phone application.

ieg

mwcoexec
    Good to know it's not just me getting the timeout.
    look the error you get is because if you connect the iphone to the usb directly to the computer thet will fix you error but don't use the extended usb like the ine you buy from store use you computer usb directly i was have the same message but i use the usb from my computer no other i think is very weak from extended usb so is more power on you computer straight

Thanks

yeah... ive had no apps for a week. ive just been waiting for the jailbreak and hoping that categories works lol. i dont want to restore
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why am I not getting the MMS button in Messages?

Also, when I try to send a text to multiple people, it tries to send as a 'group MMS'.

I didn't have either of these issues until I switched from beta 5 to the GM release.

So what's the deal with 3.0 bluetooth? I thought we would be able to stream music to car stereos etc via bluetooth? There was even a video showing a BT symbol in the iPod app.

Any ideas?

This a curiosity that has yet to be answered... In using poof or categories, why do those setting remain intact during a full system restore?

Same goes for make it mine. The carrier logo stays the same.

Again, the question is for a complete factory restore, not upgrade...

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    @ coloradoxmfan

Do you know, if we have A2DP? I couldn't check that one yet.

In addition to what you've already listed here; I noticed a more informative 'recents' list in the phone application.

ieg

Hello Qvietvs,

Unfortunately, I am not able to test this function out either... I don't have BT.

The city/state feature in the phone app is pretty cool! Verizon is going to charge users $10 a month for the same feature. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by xxzone View Post
    Thanks for the direct links! I did the GM 3.0 install, so I couldn't get the download via itunes, says it's the current version, but I'll need it to jailbreak again when it's released.
    If you're on 3.0 GM and you want the real version (I'm doing it just in case they've made any improvements), just hit restore and iTunes will ask you to agree to the 'Terms and Conditions' of OS 3.0, then it will download the real version (not the GM).

ive been unlocked on 3.0 via 2g iphone for almost a week, anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by C00per View Post
    wheres the video camera?!?!?!
    in the s

Just updated to 3.0 no mms what the hell dont even have the options to send does any body know whats going on... ????????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

mods and owners, i have begged numerous times!
    please put a disclaimer at the top of each new thread like this.

"WE DO NOT KNOW ANYMORE ABOUT THIS THAN WHAT IS POSTED! DO NOT ASK! YOU WILL SEE AN UPDATE HERE WHEN WE KNOW! THERE WILL ALSO BE A GUIDE PUT UP AS SOON AS WE KNOW THE FULL PROCESS!
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
    DO NOT TRY ANY TOOL LINKED FROM THIS SITE WITHOUT FULLY UNDERSTANDING IT!
    YOU CAN AND WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE IF THESE ARE USED IMPROPERLY!
    WE ARE IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR ANY RESULTS OF USING INFO FROM THIS SITE OR ANY SITE LINKED!

PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS POLITELY AND WITH AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT ANYONE TO HELP!
    THIS IS A FREE COMMUNITY BASED SERVICE AND WE ALL MUST WORK TOGETHER TO KEEP IT THAT WAY!"

Just spent 40 mins on the phone to Apple. My upgrade did not excatly to plan when my phone crashed and locked its self out. "Slide for emergency" was the only thing I could use my phione for, for all the time. WATCH OUT GUYS.

Ok what if you are already jailbroken and unlocked on 2.2.1 and have a 2g iphone. Can I just update? Or do I have till Friday so that I can stay unlocked and jailbroken on Tmobile's network?
    No link... Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

i left a biro on top of my phone when i restored and now i have handwriting recognition in the settings!!

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast