+ Reply
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 is Here. iPhone / iPod Touch Come and Get it.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by huganazionehump Anyways, when i synced my apps on only some of them came on, which is odd since it was restored. Apparently something was still in there
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huganazionehump View Post
    Anyways, when i synced my apps on only some of them came on, which is odd since it was restored. Apparently something was still in there from jailbraking. There's a way to fix this though. All you need to do is go to settings, general, restrictions, and turn restrictions on and then off, or vice versa, and exit settings. the other apps should appear instantly. Idk why it works but i found out when i had it jailbroken on 2.2.1 and i messed around with it and all my apps came out of categories.
    that worked flawlessly. good looking out man, thanks.
    i too found out about unhiding the apps after i updated already.
    but now they are back.
    now just patiently awaiting for jailbreak 3.0.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

2. The Following User Says Thank You to danno2022 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    maju25, glad you also confirmed what's working.

Just that quite a lot of people probably did a "Restore" thus loosing the activation and unlock. Since many described they "Upgrade", I just want to clarify what people should click to enjoy the OS3 a day or two earlier. Cheers everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by maju25 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Ive been around from thebeginning and I also want to confirm that what is said really is what it is. Might post studid questions too.
    Poetic_Folly did say:
    "You DON'T need to wipe your device, go to stock 2.2.1 first, or anything - whether you're jailbroken or not, unlocked or locked, you can simply press "Update" in iTunes to upgrade to 3.0 - and you'll be fine"
    Phantomo on page 29 pointed this out.

And its Friday tomorrow.... Lol

Cheers and thanks for the good work, Dev-Team

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STEVIELOLO View Post

this is what the numeric battery looks like is this a feature on the 3.0 firmware
    Actually, its NOT a feature of the 3.0 firmware. I have already determined that it is for the 3G S iPhones ONLY. This page Apple - iPhone - Learn how to use all the features of iPhone. tells you all about it. Especially these two sentences: "The battery icon in the upper-right corner shows the battery level or charging status. You can also display the percentage of the battery charge (iPhone 3G S only)."

Now, if you jailbreak a 3G, you CAN get the percentage to show up, but not without jailbreaking it. And I bet its going to be like it has been on the old jailbreaks where you touch the battery icon to switch between the icon and the percentage.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the jailbreak will be released soon. Now my iphone is complete useful and unable to do anything. Man. i hate itunes. I accidently press enter and they do the upgrade for me. At least release the jailbreak because i mostly use my iphone as a mp3 player. GO DEV TEAM! ><

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juquan View Post
    wheres the MMS app?
    Ok, let me try this one guys.

1) Did you do a search through this forum? It's really very simple to do and it would answer your question.

2) Did you search Google?? Let me google that for you If you will click that link, you will see MANY results on this. The second one specifically answers your question for you in the results on that page. In fact, so does the third.

3) Did you check Apple or AT&T's websites for information on this? iPhone 3G S, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular All you have to do is scroll down to the part of the page that says MMS by it.

Was that so hard? Instead of posting the same question time after time, try doing simple searches for it. You will be AMAZED at what you figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    I hope the jailbreak will be released soon. Now my iphone is complete useful and unable to do anything. Man. i hate itunes. I accidently press enter and they do the upgrade for me. At least release the jailbreak because i mostly use my iphone as a mp3 player. GO DEV TEAM! ><
    How is it "useful" and "unable to do anything" at the same time?? Seems kinda funny.

I never understood why people use a phone primarily as an MP3 player. If you want an MP3 player, go ahead and buy one. They aren't that expensive anymore. The function of the device foremost is a phone. The other things are only added extras. Anyway, just the way I look at it. Not an invitation for a flame war or anything, just a statement. Ignore it if you don't agree.
    Last edited by steveken; 06-18-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steveken For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    Ok, let me try this one guys.

I never understood why people use a phone primarily as an MP3 player. If you want an MP3 player, go ahead and buy one. They aren't that expensive anymore. The function of the device foremost is a phone. The other things are only added extras. Anyway, just the way I look at it. Not an invitation for a flame war or anything, just a statement. Ignore it if you don't agree.
    because they're not cool and popular like we are and get tons of phone calls and invitations to parties.
    haha, buncha losers
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

Green Apple
    Thanks

well maybe I did that as well , and Im not the only one with this issue as well did you read that as well,.... are you just wanted to hear your self talk and type .such a clown

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't know if i missed on something but before restoring my 1g iphone to 3.0 firmware i backed it up in itunes, than used Shift+Restore+3.0 FW. Restored to 3.0 smoothly, than i got offered to either set it up as a new iphone or restore from a back up, i restored from a back up and i have no appstore apps that i used to have before updating to 3.0 I used to have 6 pages of diff apps, i thought after i'll update to 3.0 and restore from a back up i'll have all my apps back but i got nothing . Did i miss on anything? Thanks.

Thanks

LIke all who waited its good to see the release of V3, I have managed to update my 1st gen Iphone to v3 and it all works, bar MMS and You Tube.

I took the advice of many posts and bizarrely installed yellowsn0w on my 2.2.1 firmware, on my previously Pwned firmware and then downloaded the ipsw file from a modmy link.

But heres the thing, to do the update without locking your phone in MACS press the ALT button and Update, this directs you to the file you have downloaded and then you can begin the update.

As I said mine is working fine.

Once the Dev Team release there Pwnage tool I can replace Cydia and all my 3rd party apps as well.

Goodluck all and thanks to all the Dev Team

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did a upgrade from 2.2.1 to 3.0 and my phone is locked,
    emergency calls only! waaaaaaaa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    How is it "useful" and "unable to do anything" at the same time?? Seems kinda funny.

Oops. I mean useless*.. I am trying to say: At least release the jailbreak and so I can use it as a wifi calling phone or as a mp3 player. Better than now, being locked.
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 06-18-2009 at 11:35 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know that the mms is available until late summer. I have read the entire post. I know that the mms feature is located in the message app, but i don't even have the option to do it. the camera icon beside the message entry box is missing. Does any one have it or is apple going to release another update?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anikek16 View Post
    I know that the mms is available until late summer. I have read the entire post. I know that the mms feature is located in the message app, but i don't even have the option to do it. the camera icon beside the message entry box is missing. Does any one have it or is apple going to release another update?
    Why would you want to see something that you can't use? You wouldn't, plain and simple. That is why the damned thing has been disabled until they want you to have it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to steveken For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
    I guess google must be blocked for you... Try here:

iphone 3.0 firmware downgrade - Google Search
    lmao, i did the same thing and i get flamed for it!
    ur a mod
    awesome

Thanks

I tried doing that and I keep getting the error. I guess I will wait till the 3.0 comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    gets my vote for best quote!
    now how to amke this small enough to be my avatar. photoshop?
    Because some things just *need* to be animated...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sbd1965 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sbd1965 View Post
    Because some things just *need* to be animated...
    DUDE!!
    you rock so hard!
    i have finally found one thing i dont like about mac!
    i have photoshop cs4 but i guess i didnt install imageready with it.
    i could not find a way to do this!
    that 80x80 and 56kb limit was kickin my *****!

and you are right, non animated just didn't do it justice!
    thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You're welcome. I had to cut out more than 1/2 the frames and increase the delay (it could stand to be bumped up a bit more) to get it to an acceptable size for this board. Enjoy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sbd1965 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sbd1965 View Post
    You're welcome. I had to cut out more than 1/2 the frames and increase the delay (it could stand to be bumped up a bit more) to get it to an acceptable size for this board. Enjoy.
    yeah i was gonna cut the last half and size it down to 80x80 but it starts out as a 1.6mb file so i was runnin into program limitations.

Thanks

Smile WinterBoard - 3.0 cydia
    from saurik's twitter :

"The WinterBoard you'll see in Cydia on 3.0 works. Expect some bugs, however, as the delay on that kernel patch set back testing."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to xrisis For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)