+ Reply
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 is Here. iPhone / iPod Touch Come and Get it.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Personally I thought even Friday was amazing time considering the firmware was just released today. I give two big thumbs up to dev team for all they have done. To
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Personally I thought even Friday was amazing time considering the firmware was just released today. I give two big thumbs up to dev team for all they have done. To ME shortly after meant a couple of weeks so I was more than happy to hear it was going to be released within days.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericapproves View Post
    First, Understandable

Second, I was not showing how "tough I was", generally being an "internet tough-guy" has to do with angrily insulting users without presenting an argument while using an immense amount of swearing
    you swore at the dev team for making a promise (they didnt make) NO ONE SAID GO! YOU DID THIS!
    Third, I will be patient, bear in mind that this whole thing started in a subtle nudge to the dev-team, I wasn't demanding or campaigning for a release right now.
    subtle nudge? you may want to reread your post. i would be pissed if i was a dev
    Fourth, True, I probably jumped into downloading an expecting a jailbreak, and misdefined "shortly" to mean "within hours" of the jailbreak.
    no matter what you thought they said, they never said download or install anything. YOU DID IT! even the title of this thread says come and get 3.0 NOT come get 3.0, restore your phone with it and the cus out the devteam about empty promises when there is no jailbreak yet!
    Fifth, No, thats not what I meant, I meant that you shouldn't tell others to get out if you just got here.
    just as u value your ability to post your rather rude and immature opinion about a dev team who does not come on here to defend themselves, we reserve the right to express our opinion about ur statements in front of your face and allow to you to reply and debate. if you don't like what people think of your opinions, don't share em.
    Also I can't understand the logic in that post, as most of it contains swearing and your wanting for the dev team to somehow "block me from the jailbreak/unlock"
    like i said, lucky we arent on the dev team, i would soooooo block your ip and login from all downloads.
    but hey i am a douche, if you ask anyone here they will agree!

good day!

Quote Originally Posted by brahby View Post
    Personally I thought even Friday was amazing time considering the firmware was just released today. I give two big thumbs up to dev team for all they have done. To ME shortly after meant a couple of weeks so I was more than happy to hear it was going to be released within days.
    tell that to ^^^them
    they think it should be now!
    we waited over 6 months for the 3G and we had 3G ipod touches for that whole time.
    yeah people complained but the last thing you would want to do is slam the devs!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-17-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

TattooJack

(Since Firefox is having some problems with quoting the text, I will just copy and paste them into the message)

ooooh you can spell!
    wow!
    mommy must be proud.
    and u never heard of slang?
    nevermind

Really?

besides, you stated that it updated by itself (your fault not the devs) so them posting a date had nothing to do with your stupidity and attacking them or us

It didn't update by itself, I updated it myself before the warnings of not updating came about. I also never blamed it on anyone except for myself. The only thing I complained about is the fact that a jailbreaking method wasn't released when I thought it would. I also never attacked anyone without being prompted to by Nora47, he started it by deciding to go off on a meaningless rant about one sentence that had nothing to do with him, as you have.

(the only ones who can help you will get you nothing except what you got from nora,
    a kind, "get the **** out!"
    deal with it.
    don't some on here slamming the only people who will make your phone work

I never asked for anyone's help in any post I've made in this thread. Also, saying "a kind get the **** out" is an oxymoron, as the phrase "get the **** out" is not meant to be polite in any way. My phone also works, it just isn't jailbroken, and I don't need your help to fix something that isn't broken.

In TattooJack's other enamoring post

you swore at the dev team for making a promise (they didnt make) NO ONE SAID GO! YOU DID THIS!

Let's reread my initial post directed at the dev team

"It would have been nice if the dev-team understood the definition of the phrase "shortly after."

Awesome, now I don't have any jailbroken customization and barely any time left in the day to get them all back. Thanks dev-team, thanks.
    "

Do you see any swear words in that entire sentence? I never swore at the dev-team, and I'm very sure Nora47 is not one of them.

"subtle nudge? you may want to reread your post. i would be pissed if i was a dev"

Refer back to my first post again, which I have copied and pasted above for your convenience

The only reason you would be angry at that post, is because you seem to be angry at anyone that finds fault with or questions the dev-team. Developers are usually more patient with complaints, it's called "feedback."

no matter what you thought they said, they never said download or install anything. YOU DID IT! even the title of this thread says come and get 3.0 NOT come get 3.0, restore your phone with it and the cus out the devteam about empty promises when there is no jailbreak yet!

I know, I even said that it was my fault for updating in the post that you so eloquently replied to. I also know the thread title, I can read.

just as u value your ability to post your rather rude and immature opinion

The funny thing about this sentence is that you also have rather immature ways of arguing with me. Remember this from your other post?

ooooh you can spell!
    wow!
    mommy must be proud.
    nevermind

Such things are rather immature, and remind me of how I used to argue before I was able to construct logical arguments that have to do with the actual point, rather than just the hatred of the person it is directed to.

about a dev team who does not come on here to defend themselves

Oh the poor, poor dev-team, I'm sure they're so broken up by my comment. They'll be ok, trust me.

we reserve the right to express our opinion about ur statements in front of your face and allow to you to reply and debate. if you don't like what people think of your opinions, don't share em.

This part is very contradictory in itself, because in the first part, you say that the collective "we" of this forum, which like it or not, would include me too, have the right to share our opinions. In the second part, you tell me I shouldn't share them. Also, a forum is where people can argue their points and give counterpoints. These discussions, all evolve from people having different opinions and finding faults with them.

like i said, lucky we arent on the dev team, i would soooooo block your ip and login from all downloads.

I'm very sure you would, as you seem to lack rationality and jump to angry decisions very quickly. Also, it wouldn't matter if you did that anyway, if you were on the dev-team atleast, because there would always be different websites I could get the software from.

In the future, make sure that you're actually able to have an intelligent argument with someone before you try to force your opinions down their throat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ericapproves For This Useful Post:

Revenger92 (06-18-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is what I am seeking after reading 28 pages.

ddfilms, do you mean the Update button instead of Upgrade button?

Just want to clarify if this are the facts:

Hardware: iPhone Original (current state with 2.2.1 unlocked and activated but not jailbroken; result of jailbroken in 2.2 and just Update to 2.2.1 via iTunes thus lose the JB Cydia and such)
    SIM: not AT&T, not reside in US

What I want: an activated, unlocked phone, no need for JB for now.

1. If you do a Restore to 3.0 via iTunes 8.2 -> iPhone became non-activated, locked -> wait till Friday to get this sorted out

2. If you do an Update to 3.0 via iTunes 8.2 -> iPhone remains activated, unlocked

3. If things so south during Update, have to do an Restore thus back to point 2.

Many people didn't state whether they Update or did a Restore, because the end result are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    Had the same issue.

After a few hours of frustration, here is how I fixed it.

1, downloaded 2.2.1 firmware
    2, made custom firmware in pwnage
    3, put iPhone in DFU
    4, restore thru iTunes making sure to option click the restore button ad select your custom firmware.
    5, sync with iTunes.
    6, If you want 3.0 now hit the Upgrade button.
    7, Wait till Dev-Team has jailbreak ready.

the Unlock and Activation stay put and all should work fine, just re-imput your carrier APN for data.

This is only for the 1st Gen iPhone.

hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    TattooJack

(Since Firefox is having some problems with quoting the text, I will just copy and paste them into the message)

ooooh you can spell!
    wow!
    mommy must be proud.
    nevermind

Really?

besides, you stated that it updated by itself (your fault not the devs) so them posting a date had nothing to do with your stupidity and attacking them or us

It didn't update by itself, I updated it myself before the warnings of not updating came about. I also never blamed it on anyone except for myself. The only thing I complained about is the fact that a jailbreaking method wasn't released when I thought it would. I also never attacked anyone without being prompted to by Nora47, he started it by deciding to go off on a meaningless rant about one sentence that had nothing to do with him, as you have.

(the only ones who can help you will get you nothing except what you got from nora,
    a kind, "get the **** out!"
    deal with it.
    don't some on here slamming the only people who will make your phone work

I never asked for anyone's help in any post I've made in this thread. Also, saying "a kind get the **** out" is an oxymoron, as the phrase "get the **** out" is not meant to be polite in any way. My phone also works, it just isn't jailbroken, and I don't need your help to fix something that isn't broken.

In TattooJack's other enamoring post

Let's reread my initial post directed at the dev team

"It would have been nice if the dev-team understood the definition of the phrase "shortly after."

Awesome, now I don't have any jailbroken customization and barely any time left in the day to get them all back. Thanks dev-team, thanks.
    "

Do you see any swear words in that entire sentence? I never swore at the dev-team, and I'm very sure Nora47 is not one of them.

"subtle nudge? you may want to reread your post. i would be pissed if i was a dev"

Refer back to my first post again, which I have copied and pasted above for your convenience

The only reason you would be angry at that post, is because you seem to be angry at anyone that finds fault with or questions the dev-team. Developers are usually more patient with complaints, it's called "feedback."

I know, I even said that it was my fault for updating in the post that you so eloquently replied to. I also know the thread title, I can read.

just as u value your ability to post your rather rude and immature opinion

The funny thing about this sentence is that you also have rather immature ways of arguing with me. Remember this from your other post?

ooooh you can spell!
    wow!
    mommy must be proud.
    nevermind

Such things are rather immature, and remind me of how I used to argue before I was able to construct logical arguments that have to do with the actual point, rather than just the hatred of the person it is directed to.

about a dev team who does not come on here to defend themselves

Oh the poor, poor dev-team, I'm sure they're so broken up by my comment. They'll be ok, trust me.

we reserve the right to express our opinion about ur statements in front of your face and allow to you to reply and debate. if you don't like what people think of your opinions, don't share em.

This part is very contradictory in itself, because in the first part, you say that the collective "we" of this forum, which like it or not, would include me too, have the right to share our opinions. In the second part, you tell me I shouldn't share them. Also, a forum is where people can argue their points and give counterpoints. These discussions, all evolve from people having different opinions and finding faults with them.

I'm very sure you would, as you seem to lack rationality and jump to angry decisions very quickly. Also, it wouldn't matter if you did that anyway, if you were on the dev-team atleast, because there would always be different websites I could get the software from.

In the future, make sure that you're actually able to have an intelligent argument with someone before you try to force your opinions down their throat.
    looks like tattojack got pwned. haha

Thanks
    Pure Pure Sweetness and joy to my eyes. Thank YOUUUuuUUuu ModMyI for the Valuable Info :-)

yes MY FIRST POST LoL

Aint I the lucky one LoL

Thanks

So, so nice to see the patience and maturity in this thread.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (06-18-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

this thread brings back memories..

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought this site was about modding. how can anyone search this thread to look for valuable information regarding their devices if all they are going to read is who is a noob and whos an expert. i think private messages are perfect for arguing that way the whole thread is about what matters and instead of reading 29 pages of arguing you can read 9 or 10 of useful information. Just my 2 cents. btw 3.0 will be nice once beejive gets push and g-maps get turn by turn voice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    So, so nice to see the patience and maturity in this thread.
    You can say that again!!

I haven't been on the forums since Jan. 08, so Im in the process of playing catch up with all the new stuff going on with the iPhone (since I ordered a 3G S), and its very difficult with all the arguing going on in this thread.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This thread is getting ridiculous, a silly argument has erupted(for want of a better word) and many seem to be behaving like children, I mean come on, a mod really needs to step in here and tidy the thread up by removing posts.

That quote button is getting over used!!!

Just my tuppence worth

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay,
    I definately did not read more then 15% of this thread because its ridiculous and repetitive and therefore I'll just ask.. So are we screwed with MMS? Are we ever getting it and/or do we have to something to get it? My attention span right now is I--I that long and I don't feel like reading anymore so when I wake up in the morning I'll check to see if anyone thought provokingly replied if not whatever. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I seem to be coming off as a lazy ******* but I have to do some fasting and am tired as hell and have had a stressful day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ddfilms is right..for you iPhone 2g owners, if you want to upgrade to 3.0, it's possible. I just wasn't using a lot of the 'cool stuff' that the jailbreak gives for a while, so I thought I'd give it a shot, and there it is. I used Pwnage to upgrade to 2.2.1 unlocked and jailbroken, then simply upgraded to 3.0...and the unlock stuck. Just thought I'd throw that out there for you that think it can't be done yet-yes, I know, no jailbreak, but I don't care. I just wanted to see if it could be done. There's your answer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea if your in the U.S of AT&T than your screwed like me. Guess we got to just wait and see when at&t can get it together.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey thats a great upgrade from the previous one. I think thats the beaty of iPhone and it's apps makes everything so perfect that you don't need to think off the box.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Update via musclenerd twitter: We've been working out kinks in two areas: youtube on hacktivated phones, and an bona fide Apple bug (!)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phantomo View Post
    This is what I am seeking after reading 28 pages.

ddfilms, do you mean the Update button instead of Upgrade button?

Just want to clarify if this are the facts:

Hardware: iPhone Original (current state with 2.2.1 unlocked and activated but not jailbroken; result of jailbroken in 2.2 and just Update to 2.2.1 via iTunes thus lose the JB Cydia and such)
    SIM: not AT&T, not reside in US

What I want: an activated, unlocked phone, no need for JB for now.

1. If you do a Restore to 3.0 via iTunes 8.2 -> iPhone became non-activated, locked -> wait till Friday to get this sorted out

2. If you do an Update to 3.0 via iTunes 8.2 -> iPhone remains activated, unlocked

3. If things so south during Update, have to do an Restore thus back to point 2.

Many people didn't state whether they Update or did a Restore, because the end result are very different.

That is almost correct. If you have updated and the activation has been lost, put the phone in DFU and install a pwnage custom firmware of 2.2.1 and it will re-activate your phone geting you back up and running, you can then UPDATE to 3.0

you must start with an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone, If you are not on At&T. the UPDATE button will UPDATE you to 3.0 without the jailbreak but will remain unlocked and activated. When the Dev-Team releases the new pwnage you can re jailbreak it then. this just gets you up and running with 3.0 till the jailbreak comes out.
    Last edited by ddfilms; 06-18-2009 at 02:42 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddfilms For This Useful Post:

phantomo (06-18-2009), tattoojack (06-18-2009)

Thanks

I give my thanks and praise to the Dev-Team who haven't charged me a dime for all the time they've spent coding, and who have allowed me to jailbreak/unlock my phone with a few clicks of my mouse.

And to all those who need a tissue for their issue...reading and following instructions are important things to do in order to succeed with many things in life. If by some horrendously stupid feat you've failed to do so with your jailbroken phone; there is only one word to surmise your uninformed and impulsive action. Fail.

Don't blame your disregard for instruction on the Dev-Team's not releasing their free software in accordance with your schedule.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Grassmasta For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)

Thanks

i love how you came on here and had nothing to contribute to this thread and did nothing but slander the dev team, then turn around and use your online thesaurus to make yourself look like a smart guy.
    you're not.
    we all know it.
    otherwise you wouldn't have jacked your iphone and had anything to cry about in the first place!
    besides the fact the i am not trying to force my opinion down someones throat!
    my entire post from the start has been WAIT FOR THE DEVS!
    thats all!
    you guys are all pissy cause ya broke your precious! not me!

Quote Originally Posted by Revenger92 View Post
    looks like tattojack got pwned. haha
    and the same goes for you.
    no contribution what so ever to this post, just more smack talk!

you are no better than either of us!

FAIL
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-18-2009 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

All we need to do is MOD the 3GS Firmware to fit on the 3G phone..
    I think that someone very smart can do that..
    APple did it again to us!!
    All about Money

25. The Following User Says Thank You to eyepoper For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-18-2009)