+ Reply
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 is Here. iPhone / iPod Touch Come and Get it.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Oliver350Z Somethings were not clear for me "T-Mobile Jailbroken Unlocked" user: 1) Will I lose data if I update? It's been hella long since I last synced
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    Somethings were not clear for me "T-Mobile Jailbroken Unlocked" user:

1) Will I lose data if I update?
    It's been hella long since I last synced my phone.
    (I am at work and I sync at home)

2) Will I lose my Unlock?
    Yes, if you have a question more than likely your answer is "wait till Friday"

T-Mobile = "wait till Friday"
    NOT AT&T = "wait till Friday"
    Can I Jailbreak? "wait till Friday"
    Can I Unlock? "wait till Friday"
    Can I ?????????????? "WAIT TILL FRIDAY"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisj979 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys,

Ive been reading all through this thread and I havnt got any answers...

So since the official 3.0 software is out, can I still jailbreak it with the beta jailbreak??

I have a iphone 3G rogers.. and I was wondering if there is a jailbreak software for the official 3.0. Or do I have to wait for friday?

hope u guys answer back without a mean comment saying im a noob.. lol im getting better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharkySharky View Post
    You realize that what I posted is ONLY for 3.0, right? If you are NOT on 3.0 then you could follow those steps for YEARS and have it NEVER work

I actually think that when we saw the Numeric battery in any screenshots they were all posted by people OTHER than Apple, thus I presume they were jailbroken prior to 3.0.

Go look at Apple.com and if you find one of their pictures with it then post it here, otherwise I'm pretty sure that it's not a "built in feature"

Oh and I am 100% on your side in thinking it was built into the stock firmware! haha! I think we were BOTH wrong though
    OMG!!! no wonder...damn ok but has the dev team even released jailbreak for 3.0, cuz without that u can't ssh right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, it frakin figures!!! ANOTHER "3G S" feature ONLY.

"The battery icon in the upper-right corner shows the battery level or charging status. You can also display the percentage of the battery charge (iPhone 3G S only)."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabij1 View Post
    OMG!!! no wonder...damn ok but has the dev team even released jailbreak for 3.0, cuz without that u can't ssh right?

CLICK ME! and specifically read the third paragraph of the most recent post

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post

"The battery icon in the upper-right corner shows the battery level or charging status. You can also display the percentage of the battery charge (iPhone 3G S only)."

Well it's a 3G S feature only, ONLY if you aren't Jailbroken from what I've found. Once the jailbreak is released then doing those steps SHOULD work since they worked on the betas for 3.0
    Last edited by SharkySharky; 06-17-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharkySharky View Post
    Well it's a 3G S feature only, ONLY if you aren't Jailbroken from what I've found. Once the jailbreak is released then doing those steps SHOULD work since they worked on the betas for 3.0
    Yeah, I am just talking in general for the non-jb'ing crowd. Have to keep in mind that not everyone does that, so I was just trying to find out that information for those few people who don't jb.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, I have read tons of answers, my problem is not listed and I need help. I had a 1G unlocked iphone, made a backup and upgraded to 3.0. The thing is my iphone was bought in the USA and I'm in Colombia, so the carrier is not recognized and I cannot activate to restore from backup. Im stuck, Im trying to restore back to 2.2.1, but after DFU I set restore and select 2.2.1 firmware, but iTunes displays error #20 and cannot go into restore mode.

Im stuck now, please help.

PS: tried in mac and windows XP

Thx in advance.
    Cheers.

C
    Last edited by red_pill; 06-17-2009 at 11:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post

Um, I have a battery logo and a numerical battery with the %. Is it cause I never turned it off before updating from a Jailbroken phone?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Windmeel For This Useful Post:

STEVIELOLO (06-17-2009), tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Thanks

this is what the numeric battery looks like is this a feature on the 3.0 firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STEVIELOLO View Post
    hmmmmm?

by the way, whats the theme for this, i really like that.
    Last edited by nora47; 06-17-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks

Downloaded! Just can't install until Friday Can't wait to try it out DD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    Um, I have a battery logo and a numerical battery with the %. Is it cause I never turned it off before updating from a Jailbroken phone?
    thanks
    i guess i have to wait until 6_23_09when i was orignaly Promised 6-19 for my black 3Gs 16g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nora47 View Post
    First, this is not the place for an argument so im not doing that.

Second, thanks for showing how tough you are as well.

Third, like i said you should be patient, we should all be very thankful to the devteam for doing this in "their spare time". Like i said, they do not make money off of this at all (at least to our knowledge, who knows maybe apple pays them to do this and thats why there always seems to be a hole, unlikely but you never know).

Fourth, a lot of people make promises without being able to complete them in an estimated time, it is nothing new. The devteam also never gave an exact time of release for the jailbreak, all they said was, and i quote from their blog, " All of our other tools should be out pretty soon after the official Apple release." No time frame at all, pretty soon could mean ten minutes after or a day after.

Fifth, you are right i did recentely join, but that is only because i just bought my first iphone and was very interested in jailbreaking and unlocking, sorry that i am new here, i guesse i cant talk until i have been here for as long as you have been right?

And finally, if you reread what i just said you will understand that there was logic in what i said, you just cant understand it, maybe you aren`t capable of reason? just a thought.

p.s. you are right i am full of boredom as it is the summer and school is out, however i am not a pre-teen as you say, i am 20 years old.

EDIT1: A very good reason for any delay that might be or might not be is that something unexpected might have shown up with the final 3.0 firmware causing them to revaluate the jailbreak.

EDIT2: According to urban dictionary(not a real dictionary, but a great slang dictionary), brotha is an urban slang term for a male friend, although we do not know each or are friends it can be used in a situation like Tatoojack used appropriately.
    First, Understandable

Second, I was not showing how "tough I was", generally being an "internet tough-guy" has to do with angrily insulting users without presenting an argument while using an immense amount of swearing

Third, I will be patient, bear in mind that this whole thing started in a subtle nudge to the dev-team, I wasn't demanding or campaigning for a release right now.

Fourth, True, I probably jumped into downloading an expecting a jailbreak, and misdefined "shortly" to mean "within hours" of the jailbreak.

Fifth, No, thats not what I meant, I meant that you shouldn't tell others to get out if you just got here.

Also I can't understand the logic in that post, as most of it contains swearing and your wanting for the dev team to somehow "block me from the jailbreak/unlock"

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericapproves View Post

TattooJack, I updated the second the firmware was released, hours ago, it was already done before these warnings of "do not restore" were given. Also, the word "brotha", is horrible description of Nora47, as he is not related to you, and it is inherently a misspelling of the word "brother."
    ooooh you can spell!
    wow!
    mommy must be proud.
    and u never heard of slang?
    nevermind

besides, you stated that it updated by itself (your fault not the devs) so them posting a date had nothing to do with your stupidity and attacking them or us (the only ones who can help you will get you nothing except what you got from nora,
    a kind, "get the **** out!"
    deal with it.
    don't some on here slamming the only people who will make your phone work

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by red_pill View Post
    Hello, I have read tons of answers, my problem is not listed and I need help. I had a 1G unlocked iphone, made a backup and upgraded to 3.0. The thing is my iphone was bought in the USA and I'm in Colombia, so the carrier is not recognized and I cannot activate to restore from backup. Im stuck, Im trying to restore back to 2.2.1, but after DFU I set restore and select 2.2.1 firmware, but iTunes displays error #20 and cannot go into restore mode.

Thx in advance.
    Cheers.

C
    Had the same issue.

After a few hours of frustration, here is how I fixed it.

1, downloaded 2.2.1 firmware
    2, made custom firmware in pwnage
    3, put iPhone in DFU
    4, restore thru iTunes making sure to option click the restore button ad select your custom firmware.
    5, sync with iTunes.
    6, If you want 3.0 now hit the Upgrade button.
    7, Wait till Dev-Team has jailbreak ready.

the Unlock and Activation stay put and all should work fine, just re-imput your carrier APN for data.

This is only for the 1st Gen iPhone.

hope this helps.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddfilms For This Useful Post:

red_pill (06-18-2009), tattoojack (06-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've restored my 2G iphone using the new firmware 3.0, it remained unlocked, but needs activation: so I can't use my phone at all. Any ideas what to do for now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ybhavarthi View Post
    Why do people setup a new phone for getting their category apps? Its simple to enable and disable restrictions once. Thats it!!!
    thanks for that, i forgot about that one!
    everyon take notice so this question doesnt get asked again!

Quote Originally Posted by aqd84 View Post
    Hey guys,

Ive been reading all through this thread and I havnt got any answers...

So since the official 3.0 software is out, can I still jailbreak it with the beta jailbreak??

I have a iphone 3G rogers.. and I was wondering if there is a jailbreak software for the official 3.0. Or do I have to wait for friday?

hope u guys answer back without a mean comment saying im a noob.. lol im getting better.
    man you obviously didnt read at all if you asked what you just asked.
    sorry you think its mean to call someone a liar when they are.
    but if you read the first 2 pages alone u would know whats up.
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-17-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hishamsaleh View Post
    I've restored my 2G iphone using the new firmware 3.0, it remained unlocked, but needs activation: so I can't use my phone at all. Any ideas what to do for now?
    look up ^
    II

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by red_pill View Post

Thx in advance.
    Cheers.

C
    at this time you are screwed, thats what we have been saying from the start
    shoulda waited!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    ooooh you can spell!
    wow!
    mommy must be proud.
    and u never heard of slang?
    nevermind

besides, you stated that it updated by itself (your fault not the devs) so them posting a date had nothing to do with your stupidity and attacking them or us (the only ones who can help you will get you nothing except what you got from nora,
    a kind, "get the **** out!"
    deal with it.
    don't some on here slamming the only people who will make your phone work
    Lool. Anyways we shouldnt blame the Dev team for not releasing it yet because they do it for free.But wasnt the new quickpwn ready already as the devs said? Did they encounter a new problem or what?