Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 is Here. iPhone / iPod Touch Come and Get it.

Will ultrasnow unlock a 2G iPhone? Its jailbroken, but not unlocked. I have tried so many times to unlock. But Bootneuter never worked.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanchey For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    details???
    how did you keep your activation with a tmobile sim?
    you must have had an active at sim to get it activated.
    Nope, no at&t sim used at all. I was originally on 2.2, then downloaded a custom 2.2.1 firmware that was unlocked and activated. Since im on a mac, option+restore to the custom 2.2.1 firmware. Then assuming you already have the 3.o firmware, option+upgrade to 3.0. Then your all set :]

Quote Originally Posted by ryan206 View Post
    Alright, to clear up some confusion, heres what I've done.

My iPhone 2G was 2.2.1 Unlocked and Jailbroken on T-Mobile.

I did a clean install of 2.2 (only version I had, and my net crashed after downloading 3.0) and jailbroke it.

I don't care about the jailbreak, and since I have a 2G the baseband stays the same. I thought it'd stay activated after the update like it has in the past.

So I updated to 3.0. My phone became unactivated, but T-Mobile was still at the top and I could make calls though the emergancy call screen.

I tried downgrading with iTunes 8.2, but got an error

I tried it on my sister's computer with 8.0.2 and successfully downgraded to 2.2

So, we must wait until jailbreak if you're using T-Mobile

if you dont mind using the phone stock as can be, then you DONT have to wait for the jailbreak if your on tmobile. i was successful and was able to remain unlocked and still activated on 3.0 with my 2g running tmobile.
    Last edited by ekidd; 06-17-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    Nope, no at&t sim used at all. I was originally on 2.2, then downloaded a custom 2.2.1 firmware that was unlocked and activated. Since im on a mac, option+restore to the custom 2.2.1 firmware. Then assuming you already have the 3.o firmware, option+upgrade to 3.0. Then your all set :]
    AHHHHHH!
    dude i am gonna put u in for a promotion!
    that is the most informative and helpful post for the last 8 pages!
    finally a step by step from someone who got it to work in one instance (1st gen iphone on tmobile)

for future reference, if you could, please, kindly (tryin to not appear like i am flaming, i really am asking nicely. no emotion to text ya know)
    when you post stuff like your previous post, could you include these very vital instructions next time to prevent people from thinkin its just that simple.
    thanks again!

well excuse the F*** out of me for reading 18 pages worth of sh** and forgetting one part, really the only information acquired from this entire thread is that dikheads like you don't know anything more than 2+2 and the first post about 3.0 being released.
    I asked legitimate questions in a proper manner, if you don't want to just link me and say "there ya go, guess you missed that one" next time you need help with anything and you ask a question that has already been asked by 1 of the other 3 billion people owning iphones and get a gay response that you gave, then you'll probably understand what i'm talkin about.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CoPa708 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    ^ lol wtf??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ekidd For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Err...Rescuer? WTH? LMAO Was there a caption that was supposed to be included with that picture? If not, perhaps you could see who could come up with the BEST one. I had one come to mind, but I can't use it here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spongebobiwan For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Thanks

i just got tingly in my no-no place

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchey View Post
    Will ultrasnow unlock a 2G iPhone? Its jailbroken, but not unlocked. I have tried so many times to unlock. But Bootneuter never worked.
    they really should make a smilie face that is pullin his hair out and then shoots himself in the face!

this will have to do

sorry stealthbravo, had it for a while

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    err...rescuer? Wth? Lmao was there a caption that was supposed to be included with that picture? If not, perhaps you could see who could come up with the best one. I had one come to mind, but i can't use it here.
    om nom nom nom nom

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

i just got tingly in my no-no place

they really should make a smilie face that is pullin his hair out and then shoots himself in the face!
    Yeah. No kidding. Well if im not to worried about it being unlocked could I just upgrade, and still be activated?

Thanks

I just updated my iPhone 3G, and everythings running good except for 2 things:

1) Im having problems on the App Store to update Shazam, its very slow to show in the screen, and when I start de update process it does nothing, it just say Waiting, but no progress till it stops.

2) I cant open any internet in 3G, it says this:

"Could not activate cellular data network: You are NOT subscribed to a cellular data service"

Thats imposible cause I have unlimited data and voice in my plan, and when I enter the AT&T site for my info it says it clearly. Someone had same problem, something similar????

NOOO! The water damage sensor!! My warranty!!

Thanks

Yeah. No kidding. Well if im not to worried about it being unlocked could I just upgrade, and still be activated?
    if you are on at$t and dont care about jailbreak
    update
    if your on at$t and want jailbreak
    wait for pwnage/quikpwn tonite
    if your tmobile
    WAIT!

rotflmmfaotipmmfgiagc

that was absolutely beautiful!

not to mention aptbackup and a couple other apps like it have been extensively discussed on here months ago.

like i said in previous posts.
    people are lazy and only read the news page.
    no one searches the site. they search this thread.

Wow!! All I can say. But, you are so right about people being lazy. I must admit, when I first got into hacking/jailbreaking my phone, I would never search. I would go to the most popular threads or the news threads. Then I started searching, learning, and now I dont need any help anymore. Fact is, I have unlocked and jailbroken several phones other than my own. I just bought a MacBook Pro (like 2 hours ago) because of all the things I have learned, I want to start programing now.

And my two cents about 3.0 are if you have a 2G or a 3G, the new 3.0 FW is really no big deal. MOST of the improvements from 3.0 are things that MOST jailbreakers have been using for months and months. Now, I for one have a 2G and will be upgrading to the 3GS because Im sick of how slow Edge is. But 1)I can wait for the official tools to be released for jailbreaking the new 3.0 on my 2G since there is nothing truly special in the update that I dont already have and 2) I will be waiting for the 3GS to be jailbroken before I update my current phone. I have waited this long, what is a few more days, weeks, or even months.

Edit: what does all this mean....rotflmmfaotipmmfgiagc? I bet it is the funniest thing I would have heard all day!!
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 06-17-2009 at 06:49 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ninthchamber99 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
    NOOO! The water damage sensor!! My warranty!!
    gets my vote for best quote!
    now how to amke this small enough to be my avatar. photoshop?

if you are on at and dont care about jailbreak
    update
    if your on at and want jailbreak
    wait for pwnage/quikpwn tonite
    if your tmobile
    WAIT!
    Well I really only use it as a glorified iPod touch. I dont have a sim for it.

come on relax guys i just read the post and have fun xD

for the new ones if you have an iphone (which really cost a lot for most of us) then is logical to go ahead reaad instructions (and for me not only on one site) and then if you do not get something ask and we will be happy to answer.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xrisis For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    And my two cents about 3.0 are if you have a 2G or a 3G, the new 3.0 FW is really no big deal. MOST of the improvements from 3.0 are things that MOST jailbreakers have been using for months and months. Now, I for one have a 2G and will be upgrading to the 3GS because Im sick of how slow Edge is. But 1)I can wait for the official tools to be released for jailbreaking the new 3.0 on my 2G since there is nothing truly special in the update that I dont already have and 2) I will be waiting for the 3GS to be jailbroken before I update my current phone. I have waited this long, what is a few more days, weeks, or even months.

Edit: what does all this mean....rotflmmfaotipmmfgiagc? I bet it is the funniest thing I would have heard all day!!
    I'm of the same frame of mind, 99. When my new 3Gs arrives here on Friday (or whatever day it actually arrives) I will take it out of the box and fondle it for a while, the put it back in the box and wait for the dev team to release QwkPwn AND wait to hear that AptBackup is working on OS 3.0. Even after that, I'll probably have a sandwich and take a nap first to enter in to my proper "relaxed" mode.

P.S. Note to Rescuer: I'm still contimplating a good PG rated caption for your girl licking the iPhone picture. I'll keep you posted. :P
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 06-17-2009 at 06:55 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to spongebobiwan For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

I am surprised no one else (that ive seen on here) hasn't had their 2g unlocked, ive been on it for almost a week now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post

And my two cents about 3.0 are if you have a 2G or a 3G, the new 3.0 FW is really no big deal. MOST of the improvements from 3.0 are things that MOST jailbreakers have been using for months and months. exactly my point. EVERYTHING they want in 3.0 is in cydia in 2.2.1 its mindboggling, i know! but at has always stole their ideas from their customers.

rolling on the floor laughing my motha f&%$in a#$ off till i puke my motha f%$#in guts into a garbage can?

sounds good enough
    i was just typin away!
    lol

Well I really only use it as a glorified iPod touch. I dont have a sim for it.
    then if you update, you wont be able to activate until pwnage/quikpwn comes out tonite.
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-17-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast