+ Reply
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 is Here. iPhone / iPod Touch Come and Get it.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Anyone noticed the age warnings when upgrading certain apps on 3.0 like shazam...?
    Thanks

Anyone noticed the age warnings when upgrading certain apps on 3.0 like shazam...?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    +1

NO
    you know as much as we do.
    please read the last 3 pages if you think that was rude.
    sorry
    lol. ive been keeping up with the thread. been here since 8.
    I bet you have just as much time as me, however. Seeing as you find it amusing to flame and insult everyone here. At first I was on your side but now, you sir, phail. So if you would kindly GTFO.
    Have a nice day.
    Eh heh. EH HEH...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to koolksmart For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Thanks

I have a question I plugged in my first gen and downloaded 3.0 then downloaded 3.0 for my 3g and they are the same file what's the deal with that can anyone explain this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

i'm still semi jailbroken on my 16gb white 3g

I have poofed icons and custom carrier, as well as some other tidbits.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded my unlocked 2g iphone on tmobile to 3.0 and all went well. Still unlocked and remained activated :] Not being able to theme yet sucks tho lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Here's a question for ya
    I have read this entire thread in and out and have yet to come by a couple of questions:

I know that cydia and all jailbroken apps won't back up in itunes, is there a way to back them up from another program?
    I have specifically made my iPhone just the way i want it (also using ssh) with certain files in place of apps like vWallpaper, gpsphone, and winterboard so it'd be nice to pop those back on 3.0 quickly.

also I pretty much just got this iPhone and i have yet to experience updating it, will i lose music? most of the songs do not exist on my computer, is there a way to back those up?

Also, i don't give a flying F about the camcorder on 3gs as Cycorder (on cydia) is perfectly capable of recording video at good quality (not video editing but you can do that on your computer i'm sure).
    I regret not waiting for 3GS (but how would i have known dangit) because of the speed and the price cut for 16GB.

Also when people say no MMS whatsoever... does that mean i can't text at all until AT&T resolves it? if so i'll be waiting for that before i update to 3.0.

I appreciate any help, and please no n00b bashing as i have tried to learn everything i can about this process.

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

+1

NO
    sorry
    I think koolksmart was joking.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oscar25 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koolksmart View Post
    lol. ive been keeping up with the thread. been here since 8.
    I bet you have just as much time as me, however. Seeing as you find it amusing to flame and insult everyone here. At first I was on your side but now, you sir, phail. So if you would kindly GTFO.
    Have a nice day.
    wow
    i was trying to be nice and not say what i really thought and have said in two previous posts, which is,
    WHAT A STUPID F&%$ING QUESTION!

if we knew what was up it would be all over the front page and on the dev team blog.

so again i kindly say, no, we do not have any updates kind sir.

better?

and btw, no matter what the dicatator like rules may be on here pertaining to insults or flaming, i personally feel that calling someone stupid, when they have proven themselves to be, is the same as saying someone is white because they have light skin.
    if it looks like a duck and quacks........
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-17-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

+1

NO
    sorry
    Kid, get a life, go outside and breath some fresh air, pot aint helping you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mythamp For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Thanks

it sucks not being jailbroken

all this arguing is gonna get tattojack to 700 posts. lol
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to soto806 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Thanks
    F**K This Update!! So Much For Nothing!! Where Is The Voice Control? Where are them all 100 new apps??? I Have Seen F**K All On New Update!! Very Disappointed With this!!
    Last edited by iGrime; 06-18-2009 at 02:38 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iGrime For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoPa708 View Post
    I know that cydia and all jailbroken apps won't back up in itunes, is there a way to back them up from another program?.
    There's a program on cydia called aptbackup that will do some of what you want, I think. As far as wallpapers, themes, etc, I researched that a bit for the 2.1 upgrade and decided the simplest thing was to write down everything I need to re-install, do a clean refresh to the new firmware and just put everything back on. Didn't really take that long...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGrime View Post
    F**K This Update!! So Much For Nothing!! Where Is The Voice Control? Where are them all 100 new apps??? I Have Seen F**K All On New Update!! Very Disappointed With this!!
    you are not alone, Voice Control is only for 3GS [Retarded isnt it] and its 100 features not Apps, i only see 20 new features and thats it, wheres the other 80 so called features

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mythamp View Post
    Kid, get a life, go outside and breath some fresh air, pot aint helping you.
    got a life, but it smelled funny!
    besides, if i didnt have a life (and good pot) i wouldnt be able to wait till tomoro am for pwnage. its the noobs that are just slammin 3.0 onto their phone because they cant wait 12 hours that need a life.

Quote Originally Posted by iGrime View Post
    this is my whole point!
    who gives 2 shites about 3.0 without a jailbreak???
    its absolutely pointless

think back to before the iphone
    you got a phone
    it had software on it.
    that was it
    no updates
    you made it the way you wanted it and you left it alone.
    this update schedule is turnin people crazy!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Alright, to clear up some confusion, heres what I've done.

My iPhone 2G was 2.2.1 Unlocked and Jailbroken on T-Mobile.

I did a clean install of 2.2 (only version I had, and my net crashed after downloading 3.0) and jailbroke it.

I don't care about the jailbreak, and since I have a 2G the baseband stays the same. I thought it'd stay activated after the update like it has in the past.

So I updated to 3.0. My phone became unactivated, but T-Mobile was still at the top and I could make calls though the emergancy call screen.

I tried downgrading with iTunes 8.2, but got an error

I tried it on my sister's computer with 8.0.2 and successfully downgraded to 2.2

So, we must wait until jailbreak if you're using T-Mobile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    I upgraded my unlocked 2g iphone on tmobile to 3.0 and all went well. Still unlocked and remained activated :] Not being able to theme yet sucks tho lol
    details???
    how did you keep your activation with a tmobile sim?
    you must have had an active at$t sim to get it activated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sucks I gotta wait til Friday for 3.0, but hey can't do **** about it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bdizzle For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoPa708 View Post
    I have read this entire thread in and out and have yet to come by a couple of questions:

"I know that cydia and all jailbroken apps won't back up in itunes, is there a way to back them up from another program?
    I have specifically made my iPhone just the way i want it (also using ssh) with certain files in place of apps like vWallpaper, gpsphone, and winterboard so it'd be nice to pop those back on 3.0 quickly.

also I pretty much just got this iPhone and i have yet to experience updating it, will i lose music? most of the songs do not exist on my computer, is there a way to back those up?

Also, i don't give a flying F about the camcorder on 3gs as Cycorder (on cydia) is perfectly capable of recording video at good quality (not video editing but you can do that on your computer i'm sure).
    I regret not waiting for 3GS (but how would i have known dangit) because of the speed and the price cut for 16GB.

Also when people say no MMS whatsoever... does that mean i can't text at all until AT&T resolves it? if so i'll be waiting for that before i update to 3.0.

I appreciate any help, and please no n00b bashing as i have tried to learn everything i can about this process.

Okay..look! You've asked that there be no "n00b bashing", and I will do my best to not "bash" here. However, I really think I need to take this opportunity to take advantage of this "teaching moment".

I think this is a perfect example of what has tatoojack all fired up. In the very FIRST line of your post, you state "I have read this entire thread in and out and have yet to come by a couple of questions:". However, I really take issue with this. And the reason for this is that, a mere FOUR pages back, on Page 13, Post #187, the very FIRST question that you asked, I know that cydia and all jailbroken apps won't back up in itunes, is there a way to back them up from another program?" was answered in GREAT detail. How do I know this? I know this because I am the fool that took the time necessary to answer this question for somebody else ALREADY one time today, and in great length I might add. And I guess it begins to grind on people after a while when they do take the time to answer peoples questions here, then have somebody come along and say they've read and searched everywhere and come up with nothing, only to have the precise answer they are looking for a mere few pages back in the exact thread they are asking the same question in again.

Was that nice enough?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to spongebobiwan For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-17-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    okay..look! You've asked that there be no "n00b bashing", and i will do my best to not "bash" here. However, i really think i need to take this opportunity to take advantage of this "teaching moment".

I think this is a perfect example of what has tatoojack all fired up. In the very first line of your post, you state "i have read this entire thread in and out and have yet to come by a couple of questions:". However, i really take issue with this. And the reason for this is that, a mere four pages back, on page 13, post #187, the very first question that you asked, i know that cydia and all jailbroken apps won't back up in itunes, is there a way to back them up from another program?" was answered in great detail. How do i know this? I know this because i am the fool that took the time necessary to answer this question for somebody else already one time today, and in great length i might add. And i guess it begins to grind on people after a while when they do take the time to answer peoples questions here, then have somebody come along and say they've read and searched everywhere and come up with nothing, only to have the precise answer they are looking for a mere few pages back in the exact thread they are asking the same question in again.

Was that nice enough?

rotflmmfaotipmmfgiagc

that was absolutely beautiful!

not to mention aptbackup and a couple other apps like it have been extensively discussed on here months ago.

like i said in previous posts.
    people are lazy and only read the news page.
    no one searches the site. they search this thread.
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-17-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

wow