Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G S Delivering . . . Tomorrow?!?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone 3G S Delivering . . . Tomorrow?!?
    A user here at MMi emailed us some interesting images of his iPhone 3G S delivery status. He ordered his phone via Apple using the Apple Store hack and like others, has received his USPS tracking info.

Funny thing is, UPS says that his iPhone 3G S is expected to be delivered to him tomorrow. Has Apple made a mistake allowing iPhone Day to come early for many this year? The iPhone isn't being delivered to an AT&T or Apple Store for pick-up, it's being delivered straight to this members house. Maybe USPS has instructions from Apple to hold packages until friday . . . .

Edit: Nope, looks like UPS is holding it because the "receiver requested a hold for a future delivery date."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

yoTelefonoCuatro (06-16-2009)

is good just on time !!

It would seem this has something to do with the fact that any pre-order is supposed to be delivered the 19th.... so maybe people chose an extra shipping option would get it a day early or something.

you can see there this person selected express shipping method, not the standard free shipping.

I did the same. I received the notice it went out today shipping from China. Im scheduled to have it on the 18th even though I requested overnight delivery. Either way Ill get it a day before street date.

actually mine says express but I selected standard free shipping

i already have the 3g(s) but the diference in mine the (s) mean slow!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I did the same thing with the apple store hack. but i haven't received an email yet. Was his a mistake or did apple forget about me?

oh! oh! oh! thats mine!
    hahaha

i cant wait!
    i'll update u guys if it doesnt come in!

First of all APPLE ships via FEDEX and not UPS.

Second of all...Nothinf

Quote Originally Posted by irich25 View Post
    actually mine says express but I selected standard free shipping
    i called Apple about it.
    They said the standard will deliver on the 19th...
    though mine is saying tomorrow from UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    It would seem this has something to do with the fact that any pre-order is supposed to be delivered the 19th.... so maybe people chose an extra shipping option would get it a day early or something.

you can see there this person selected express shipping method, not the standard free shipping.
    nope, standard snailmail

"standard shipping"

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryskater125 View Post
    I did the same thing with the apple store hack. but i haven't received an email yet. Was his a mistake or did apple forget about me?
    check your order status on apple.com
    Last edited by yoTelefonoCuatro; 06-16-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Won't be delivered then. They do this all the time. Date will show one thing but they will hold it at the warehouse an extra day or two before delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    Won't be delivered then. They do this all the time. Date will show one thing but they will hold it at the warehouse an extra day or two before delivering.
    ahhhh shhh!! dont tell me this!
    i sold my 3G on ebay a few days ago and am stuck with my old w580i till i get that 3GS in the mail... i am still praying for tomorrow...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoTelefonoTresG View Post
    ahhhh shhh!! dont tell me this!
    i sold my 3G on ebay a few days ago and am stuck with my old w580i till i get that 3GS in the mail... i am still praying for tomorrow...
    just curious, how much did you sell it for?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryskater125 View Post
    just curious, how much did you sell it for?
    Brought it into the apple store claiming battery issues (randomly selected problem), genius there did a "diagnosis" and claims that i did have battery problems.. which was kinda funny. and they swapped it out.

So i sold it on a 3-day auction as a factory refurb w/ no blemishes or cosmetic faults. Sold w/ rebelsim, case, car&house charger, and invisible shield for $377 (highest bid).

Thanks

Cash i believe thats UPS
    just letting you know

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iancdp For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (06-16-2009)

Nice on selling it im bringing mine today and saying my button sticks so their prob going to give me a new one and then ima wrap it in a leather case till new phone comes and well sell it! lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ordered my 3G S via Apple Store on the 8th. I too got notification and tracking info indicating delivery date for June 17th.

UPS tracking shows ORIGIN SCAN at the Hong Kong International Airport (CHEK LAP KOK, HK) on 06/16 at 11:14 PM.

Let's do some travel time math here...

Hong Kong to Louisville (UPS International Hub) is a minimum 16 hour flight. There is a 11 hour difference in time between the two. If the outbound flight left at 00:01 AM HK time (on the 17th by the way) and was on time into Louisville, it would arrive at about 3 AM on the 17th Louisville time (4 PM Hong Kong time). Transfer time through the hub plus flight time from Louisville to wherever (Washington Dulles for me) just barely leaves enough time to arrive for local delivery on the 17th. My gut suggests the logistics makes it somewhat unlikely it will arrive for delivery on the 17th.

....as already posted, the UPS tracking info (especially for international stuff) is not always indicative of reality..

Oh well, one can wish.

G

this is what mine says on the order....do you think frieght means it shipped or ?
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

ordered mine on the 11th got email this morning saying it was shipped with the same delivery date of june 17th.... on the shipment notification email from apple it says shipped on the 16 but delivers by the 22nd, so one can hope it comes tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by psplfree91 View Post
    ordered mine on the 11th got email this morning saying it was shipped with the same delivery date of june 17th.... on the shipment notification email from apple it says shipped on the 16 but delivers by the 22nd, so one can hope it comes tomorrow!
    on the 22nd? I thought apple is promising to have them delivered on the 19th for pre-ordering?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast