+ Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G S Delivering . . . Tomorrow?!?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by xep5k I THINK A LOT OF YOU ARE NOT READING YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAILS RIGHT. THIS EMAIL FROM MY PRE-ORDER SHOWS THAT WE ARE NOT PROMISED A 6/19
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xep5k View Post
    I THINK A LOT OF YOU ARE NOT READING YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAILS RIGHT.

THIS EMAIL FROM MY PRE-ORDER SHOWS THAT WE ARE NOT PROMISED A 6/19 DELIVERY DATE...

"Your iPhone 3G S, pre-order ######### is being processed and will be shipped overnight to arrive as early as June 19, 2009."

KEY WORD HERE GUYS IS "AS EARLY AS" THIS DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL RECEIVE IT ON THAT DATE. THAT DATE IS THE EARLIEST YOU CAN RECEIVE IT...COULD BE DAYS LATER...WE WERE NOT PROMISED ANYTHING...

overnight shipping is to make sure if gets to you on a specific date. Thats why theyre using that method of shipping to promise delivery on the 19th how they have stated

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Weird...everything I've ordered from Apple has always come FedEx standard or I've paid extra for 2 or 3 day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK show me the email where it guarantees you to have it by the 19th... I want to see that wording, where it promises you that you will have it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
    i pre-ordered mines through a AT&T store on the 12th, when i check the order status, it says shipped and i have a tracking number, except the tracking number does not work for UPS, can't be found in their system.
    Ya i pre-ordered mine the same day and I looked on AT&T'S site and it say shipped but when i enter the tracking number in on UPS site it says it cant find my package hmmm

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macfan4life View Post
    Ya i pre-ordered mine the same day and I looked on AT&T'S site and it say shipped but when i enter the tracking number in on UPS site it says it cant find my package hmmm
    i called the AT&T store i pre-ordered from. they say all pre-orders are suppose to arrive on the 18th for pick up on the 19th. i hope they're right.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
    i pre-ordered mines through a AT&T store on the 12th, when i check the order status, it says shipped and i have a tracking number, except the tracking number does not work for UPS, can't be found in their system.
    Wait till it only goes to one thing listed, its freight I think, and then the tracking number will be a link and you can click on it to follow. They are showing the tracking number that is assigned to your shipment, even though UPS hasn't actually scanned them into their system yet. I'm assuming that they had the little shipping stickers already and are just slapping them on and are giving you the tracking number ahead of time.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

I have this exact same situation. Got the email last night, and tracking info says its being delivered tomorrow.

Edit: On the tracking page, the delivery date line has disappeared.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-16-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

I guess I'll just throw in my two cents worth. I ordered mine on the 13th at apple site when completed order system stated will receive confirmation E-Mail in a short period of time. On Sunday I hadn't received any confirmation so I called Apple and they told that Apple was behind with the confirmations but I should receive shortly. The lady I spoke looked mine up and stated that all was well. A hour or so later I get a confirmation E-mail and it stated "
    Prepared for Shipment
    Product / Part No.
    Qty

IPHONE 3G S BLACK 16GB-USA
    MB715LL/A

Ships: Delivers by June 19th

Now 3 days later mine still shows samething so I called Apple to see what gives and they told me that everything was OK with my order and I could get it by the 19th but that is only a estimated time of arrival it might be later. I told them I was confused and under the circumstances if I had known that it could be later I would have selected a different shipping class and the extra to get it. The person I spoke to is the iphone cannot be shipped any other way then standard that is how Apple is doing it. So I don't know for sure when I'm getting it. Did any one else get this same conversion as me? I hope it comes by Friday.

Thanks

I Guess We will have to wait for the moment of truth
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

Thanks

i just got off the phone with apple and the lady i spoke to said that depending which part of the country, it can be delivered by UPS OR FEDEX. She checked my order of the 2 phones i ordered one on the 11th and the other on the 14th and she said both said ready to be shipped. She also said that is apples intention to have everyones phone by the 19th for those who have purchased it online but with reserve theres no guarantee

iPhone? More like MyPhone yoTelefonoCuatro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brent91055 View Post
    Weird...everything I've ordered from Apple has always come FedEx standard or I've paid extra for 2 or 3 day.
    haha it would be kinda funny if they sent everyone that hacked the site to order it a fake phone via UPS.

funny in a very messed up way... a way that would make me, personally, go to Cupertino and shoot Jobs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.

Thanks

Exclamation Update to my tracking!

ANCHORAGE AT 1:48PM LOCAL TIME.
    That would be 10:48AM CST (my time).

To get from Alaska to New Orleans (IF it were a direct flight), it would take somewhere in the 9-13 hour range.

So depending on where it is going.. it could very well get here tomorrow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

i just checked my tracking and it shows its in alaska also, and like yours they have removed the scheduled delivery. so i would say they are going to sit a while.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is mine....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    According to UPS my 3gs is now in ANCHORAGE, AK. Cool!

Thanks

ahh $&%! i didnt notice it removed the scheduled date... darnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid w580.. now i need to keep it for another 2 days till friday.

oh Zwayne, where at in Louisiana do you live?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Here is mine....
    looks like they are overnight shipping it

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoTelefonoTresG View Post
    ahh $&%! i didnt notice it removed the scheduled date... darnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid w580.. now i need to keep it for another 2 days till friday.

oh Zwayne, where at in Louisiana do you live?
    In Hammond.....And you?

Thanks

I called UPS since it doesn't show a delivery date on the site, and they transferred me to the international service and they just told me that my phone is currently in Alaska and that it has a guaranteed delivery date of Friday the 19th, but is expected to arrive Thursday the 18th. Woo for me hopefully.