+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 88

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3G S Firmware Released for Download

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
but hey everyone , FIND MY IPHONE is up! first find
...
  1. #41
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    us
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    but hey everyone , FIND MY IPHONE is up! first find

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jjh4ck3rs For This Useful Post:

    OLIVERJONES (06-16-2009)

  3. #42
    iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts

    Thanks again @jjh4ck3rs for the find i will be enjoying this as well and i see you have windows 7 i have it on boot-camp on my mac on on my windows Laptop

  4. #43
    What's Jailbreak? ischol-ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada - Toronto
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hi
    Last edited by ischol-ar; 06-16-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #44
    iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts

    Hi, this is hard going still no luck anyone else having any better luck??

    Still there is no luck i am attempting to patch itunes (on mac) using commands in terminal to trick it in to thinking my iphone is a 3gs but no luck it is 23:12PM GMT in Scotland, UK so i will be heading to sleep because i have work tomorrow and will be back by 19:00PM but will keep looking at this forum throughout the day on my iphone. And a final question does anyone here see any point in buying an iPhone 3GS as i have a iPhone 3 16GB black and was thinking of getting an iPhone 3GS 16 or 32GB white ?

    [email protected]
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 06-16-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #45
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    does the 3gs 3.0 firmware works with t-mobile

    does the 3gs 3.0 firmware works with t-mobile ?
    Last edited by yefri135; 06-16-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hi, i've downloaded the same fw from another forum, and installed to my 3g iphone, and it worked perfectly since 3 days now. just to let you know that it's working.

  8. #47
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    but i have tmobile does that firmware works with tmobile

    does the 3.0 works with tmobile already?
    Last edited by yefri135; 06-16-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i think you need to jb it, when it is possible.

  10. #49
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    do you know if the quick pwn that they made for 3.0 beta 5 jailbreak the last 3.0 firmware ?

  11. #50
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by weakstorm View Post
    hi, i've downloaded the same fw from another forum, and installed to my 3g iphone, and it worked perfectly since 3 days now. just to let you know that it's working.
    Same here. Installed it on the weekend on two 3G iPhones without any issue.

    MMS and tethering working fine on the Rogers network.

  12. #51
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    so you think that if i install 3.0 on my iphone is gonna work fine with t-mobile

  13. #52
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by weakstorm View Post
    hi, i've downloaded the same fw from another forum, and installed to my 3g iphone, and it worked perfectly since 3 days now. just to let you know that it's working.
    Could you post some pictures and possibly explain how you got it to work?

  14. #53
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yefri135 View Post
    so you think that if i install 3.0 on my iphone is gonna work fine with t-mobile
    Doubtful without an "unlock" solution. I don't need to unlock so I have no issues with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ND1612 View Post
    Could you post some pictures and possibly explain how you got it to work?
    There's no special steps. Use firmware version 7A341, in Windows press the shift key and then click on the upgrade button, navigate to your firmware and your done.

    Make sure the firmware file extension ends in ipsw not zip

  15. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts

    @yefri135 It depends if you have unlocked your iphone if you have you will lose that and go back to your original carrier (and need to use yellow snow for 3.0 being released in a few hours check the devs blog) but if you live in germany and t-mobile is the carrier that the iphone is meant to be on then it is fine to upgrade to the 3.0 GM/Final but not this version as it is for the iphone 3GS not 3g or 2g.

    TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO SAYS THEY MANAGED TO INSTALL THE 3.0 FINE FROM ANOTHER BLOG YOU DID NOT INSTALL THE IPHONE 3GS .ISPW WHICH IS ON THE FIRST PAGE ON THIS BLOG/POST BECAUSE IT IS FOR THE IPHONE 3GS NOT 3G AND IT WILL NOT WORK ON THE 3G YET BUT PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE TRYING TO PATCH IT TO GET IT TO WORK ON THE IPHONE 3G AND 2G, THE PEOPLE WHO INSTALLED 3.0 SOFTWARE INDTALLED EITHER IPHONE 3G/2G 3.0 GM/FINAL ON YOUR DEVICE NOT THE 3GS FIRMWIRE (LIKE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS BLOG AND ITS TITLE) OR YOU WOULD HAVE VIDEO RECORDING AND ALL 3GS FEATURES, IF YOU CLAIM TO HAVE DONE PLEASE TELL US ALL HOW AND LEAVE SOME SCREENSHOTS

    THANKS!!!
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 06-16-2009 at 05:22 PM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to OLIVERJONES For This Useful Post:

    ND1612 (06-16-2009)

  17. #55
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The first post claims the 3G S firmware is 7A341?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 3G S Firmware Released for Download-7a341-.jpg  

  18. #56
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by OLIVERJONES View Post
    @yefri135 It depends if you have unlocked your iphone if you have you will lose that and go back to your original carrier (and need to use yellow snow for 3.0 being released in a few hours check the devs blog) but if you live in germany and t-mobile is the carrier that the iphone is meant to be on then it is fine to upgrade to the 3.0 GM/Final but not this version as it is for the iphone 3GS not 3g or 2g.

    TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO SAYS THEY MANAGED TO INSTALL THE 3.0 FINE FROM ANOTHER BLOG YOU DID NOT INSTALL THE IPHONE 3GS .ISPW WHICH IS ON THE FIRST PAGE ON THIS BLOG/POST BECAUSE IT IS FOR THE IPHONE 3GS NOT 3G AND IT WILL NOT WORK ON THE 3G YET BUT PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE TRYING TO PATCH IT TO GET IT TO WORK ON THE IPHONE 3G AND 2G, THE PEOPLE WHO INSTALLED 3.0 SOFTWARE INDTALLED EITHER IPHONE 3G/2G 3.0 GM/FINAL ON YOUR DEVICE NOT THE 3GS FIRMWIRE (LIKE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS BLOG AND ITS TITLE) OR YOU WOULD HAVE VIDEO RECORDING AND ALL 3GS FEATURES, IF YOU CLAIM TO HAVE DONE PLEASE TELL US ALL HOW AND LEAVE SOME SCREENSHOTS

    THANKS!!!
    Just as I thought, I tried it just to make sure.... AND it does NOT work!!!!

    Just a thought, but would it be possible to take the new features from the 3GS.ispw and put them in the 3G.ispw?
    I am still new to coding so forgive me if that sounds dumb.

  19. #57
    iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts

    Cool Yep. But Nope.
    Here these are a few clips of my iPhone a few day ago:-







    i have the same build as the first post says thats because we have the normal GM/Final, but i still dont know fully why they are the same name but iTunes does not accept the .ispw from this blog and they are different sizes:-

    iTunes Not Accepting the ispw fro this blog/the ispw FOR THE IPHONE 3GS






    Sizes - this one is the ispw downloaded from this blog IT IS FOR THE IPHONE 3GS THEREFORE INCLUDES MORE APPS THEREFORE LARGER:-



    Now this next one if FOR THE IPHONE 3G IT IS THE 3.0 GM/FINAL:-




    Now there is screen evidence from me AND THE ISPWs HAVE THE SAME NAME and @wonddertwins does your iphone 3g do video recording and voice control ?? (NB This reminds me of work so much Well i am away to sleep now as in the uk it is 1AM GMT.)

    @ND1612 Its not dumb you are actually correct that would be away of doing and i don't think i could do that but i do make iphone apps though, but yes i will continue working on this tomorrow until the devs work out away of doing it, what is happening is that the iphone 3g is capable of doing everything the iphone 3gs can do and maybe the compass to but not too sure but everything may run a little slower, it is itunes and certain commands (.plists) in the ispw stopping us from doing that so its saying:- Install on iphone 3g - False i would change that to true and put the ispw back together and it would be fine to install but unfortunately is harder but juts wait someone will get something serves apple right for just releasing an iphone 3gs. But i am stupid and still want to buy one, there's just something special about it.

    [email protected]
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 06-16-2009 at 06:05 PM.

  20. #58
    previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    248
    Thanked 284 Times in 101 Posts

    I say....3GS is the only way to go...quit being cheap, get a job and buy one.
    Haha

  21. #59
    Green Apple chemalito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lithia Springs, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Will the oficial update be ready tonight at midnight???? They say June 17, so Im kind of waiting for it tonight(not like a lot of people wanting to download it from forums). If anyone have some info about this could you post it????

  22. #60
    iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts

    Thats a good idea but a would have to stay up all night until the morning cause am in the UK but the one on this for is for the iPhone 3GS n u cant get it through apple. @iPhoneMan123 Yep the simple way get a job, buy one LOL a still think it feels better buying n brand new one it feels special but some people are different and i dont mind helping them and my old iphone 3g.

    [email protected]

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts