+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G S Firmware Released for Download

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Until they do the old "Oh and BTW it also does THIS" But I agree. Based on what we know I'm not buying. They are just catching up to what
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Until they do the old "Oh and BTW it also does THIS"
    But I agree. Based on what we know I'm not buying. They are just catching up to what we've already had for a while

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why cant we ibstall this in our ophone 3g>?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by l3g3nd.k1ll4h View Post
    why cant we ibstall this in our ophone 3g>?

Because even if you change the strings in the ipsw file to match the previous models you'll begin the installation but when your phone switch to recovery mode you'll get error.- TESTED!

This is because the firmwares are made to install only on the correct hardware version!

PS:
    I certainly found this video and... it's unexplainable to me how this guy from the video is able to tether and send MMS' on EDGE!? Just look at the video and tell what you're thinking:
    http://www.gearlive.com/news/article...tethering-mms/
    Last edited by zhivkom; 06-16-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

edit- nvm
    Last edited by Chin; 06-16-2009 at 01:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got question i got the 1gen iphone but whn i update to 3.0 will i get all the features or is that only gonna be on the 3gs cuz im really just worried about getting the landscape keybord and mms featuresbut if not il stay with my jailborken 2.2.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayizzy View Post
    i got question i got the 1gen iphone but whn i update to 3.0 will i get all the features or is that only gonna be on the 3gs cuz im really just worried about getting the landscape keybord and mms featuresbut if not il stay with my jailborken 2.2.1
    No mms, no video recording...we will have landscape keyboard, copy and paste, and voice memos, and the search feature. You might as well upgrade becuase 3.0 jailbreak will be ready.

Thanks

Thanx For The News Bro
    Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

The Family iPhone 2G , iPhone 3G ,Iphone 3Gs , Iphone 4
    13" MacBook ( Black )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi! I'm also 1st gen user and I'm staying like this
    for now. 1st iphone will get all the features in 3.0 except the MMS, Internet tethering(wich i can't understand why) and also stereo bluetooth connectivity.
    Video and compass is only for 3G S users because of "hardware limitations"...(or if you ask me-because Apple likes it that way,except for the compass)
    Last edited by zhivkom; 06-16-2009 at 01:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeh in that video look at the safari loading thing its going soooo fast it is fast forwarded , and he got it to work because he has t-mobile if you have cingularit wont work because cingular doesnt allow ityet , the iphone 3g will be able to teather and mms in last summmer just not now , thats all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ohh ok i figured the mms and voice thingy... 3.0 jailbreak avaliabile is it through quickpwn???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ohh ok i figured the mms and voice thingy... 3.0 jailbreak avaliabile is it through quickpwn???
    they dont have a quickpwn for it yet only for the beta's but the voice control wont work on the 3gs or compas or video or stereo bluetooth EVERYHTING else should work , even if its not working yet it will work by the end of the summer when att okay's it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjh4ck3rs View Post
    yeh in that video look at the safari loading thing its going soooo fast it is fast forwarded , and he got it to work because he has t-mobile if you have cingularit wont work because cingular doesnt allow ityet , the iphone 3g will be able to teather and mms in last summmer just not now , thats all
    Ok ok T-mobile. I agree but wasnt Apple saying that those things are not available for 1st gen iphone because there is no 3g and the tethering and mms would be impossible!
    Well...it looks pretty much possible from this video. Its just nonsense to me.
    It's another proof that for those things there are no hardware limitations!
    Like... I have 2g phones wich are capable of sending MMS. And btw we all know what Swirly MMS,PDAnet and Cycorder does...
    And as a last suggustion the ony reason they're doing those limitations is to make more money from their newer iPhone versions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Thanks

OK Lads no one seems like they want to try it but i maybe will have a go tonight and send some screen clip (if able) to see what happens. It Probably will bugger up my iphone n maybe not just software hardware as well but i think the achievement it worth the risk. I am no expert or comedian and NO disrespect to the forum if this buggers up iphone 3g models wouldn't they put it in the first post " this breaks you iphone 3g" no just please DO NOT install why don't including what happens maybe the person who leaked it decided to say that.

[email protected]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhivkom View Post
    Ok ok T-mobile. I agree but wasnt Apple saying that those things are not available for 1st gen iphone because there is no 3g and the tethering and mms would be impossible!
    Well...it looks pretty much possible from this video. Its just nonsense to me.
    It's another proof that for those things there are no hardware limitations!
    Like... I have 2g phones wich are capable of sending MMS. And btw we all know what Swirly MMS and Cycorder does...
    And as a last suggustion the ony reason they're doing those limitations is to make more money from their newer iPhone versions.
    yehh i kno i kno the 1st gen can def send mms , andif you have a iphone 3g and have the 3g turned off.. can also tether , i do that with my 3g using jailbroken apps , i mean they are just making **** up to get moremoney but we will see tomorrow, and i dont get why they are relseasing the firmware tomorrow and the phone 2 days after ? wtf ? lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hmmm.. I thiink this time they fail! And wtf is this stupid name 3GS?!!?
    I can smell the angry crowd of 3GS users...
    Oh...btw the apple AppStore is doing something today. Many people are reporting for laggy or nonworking AppStore. Maybe they are rearranging something or...

Hey check this out
    Gizmodo - First Video of iPhone 3GS In The Wild - Iphone 3gs video
    Last edited by zhivkom; 06-16-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is what happened when you try to upgrade with the newly released iphone 3gs firmware this was trying it with a iphone 3g 8gb black (lol i know color doesnt matter:P)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjh4ck3rs View Post

this is what happened when you try to upgrade with the newly released iphone 3gs firmware this was trying it with a iphone 3g 8gb black (lol i know color doesnt matter:P)
    Well if you change the strings of the firmware to match your phone you'll be able to start the install,but then you'll get an error. I did it and then i was stuck in recovery mode and had to get out manually.
    There has to be some way to baypass the hardware check...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zhivkom For This Useful Post:

OLIVERJONES (06-16-2009)

Thanks

Smile Thanks jjh4ck3rs
    @jjh4ck3rs

Thanks jjh4ck3rs for the screen clip the firmwire had just finished downloading but know i am trying to find away to patch the firmwire so it will install but there are rumors of the dev team doing so but i will keep everyone updated and jjh4ck3rs i hope you get your iPhone 8GB Balc working again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@OLIVERJONES

it didnt mess it up at all i got that b4 it started anythign , so itsall good (: thanks for the concern lol

Thanks