Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Early Leak of iPhone 3G S Unboxing Pics!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The 2G has plastic over it's one aerial - the 3G has exactly the same GSM aerial but also a second aerial for 3G - if it had the same back as the original it would get the same 2G reception but no 3G reception. If you turn off 3G you will get the same reception with a 3G iphone as you would with a 2G, 3G reception comes from seperate transmiters so may vary and here in the UK O2's 3G network is not very good - which is why I am on T-Mobile.
    Yeh, I realized after I posted that my iPhone has a black plastic piece at the bottom

I really want to go back to T-Mobile but all my mates are on O2 so we get free calls between each other and O2 offer stuff like Bluebook and unbranded and unlocked phones(expect iPhone) which other networks don't. I had a Nokia N95 8GB on O2 before I took the sim and put it in the iPhone and that NEVER lost 3G signal ever! I guess it's time to shell out 540 for a 32GB white iPhone 3GS.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

The 2G has plastic over it's one aerial - the 3G has exactly the same GSM aerial but also a second aerial for 3G - if it had the same back as the original it would get the same 2G reception but no 3G reception. If you turn off 3G you will get the same reception with a 3G iphone as you would with a 2G, 3G reception comes from seperate transmiters so may vary and here in the UK O2's 3G network is not very good - which is why I am on T-Mobile.

I am no expert on plastics (funnily enough my father is, I think I'll have to have a chat with him) but polycarb is a remarkable material. Short of carbon fibre (which would boost the cost considerably) I can't think of anything better.

I would like to point out that I have had no problems with my back, no cracks or anything and I mishandle my phone! So I guess I'm not sure why people make such a big deal about the back, if I had problems my views would probably be different....
    Luxury oak or mahogany.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

It does look very much like the 3G box, I thought it was supposed to be "23%" smaller packaging. 23% should be noticable...
    IPSW?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is everyone saying "this thing looks the same as the 3G"? We know it does... Apple even said it does. People wanting this thing to look different is proof that what most people want is the recognition of having the newest and best stuff rather than the functionality it provides. Pretty silly if you ask me....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I'm not eligible to upgrade to the iPhone 3GS until July, 2010 and even if I was eligible I don't think I would upgrade now. I was hoping for a higher resolution camera 5 MP or above with Xenon flash and a front video camera for video calling. The majority of the features in the iPhone 3GS will be available to iPhone 3G customers after the update to 3.0. As for video recording and voice command I'm hoping the developer team finds a way to get around Apple's restrictions on these two features. Otherwise I'll settle for using Cycorder until I am eligible when the next iPhone launches in 2010.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

pretty much the same as the regular 3G. i think speed will be not as much as the regular 3G. att 3G are way slow. i have a verizon with data and it will not compare with my iphone 3G as far as data transfer. the extra 16 gigs is sweet tho.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Luxury oak or mahogany.
    Now that I could go for
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneKilla View Post
    Obviously they don't have to give people a reason to buy their phone because there will always be idiots like yourself who will just buy whatever someone sells them! That's why Apple's motto is to "THINK DIFFERENT" cause they wanna target the "SLOW PEOPLE" who aren't all that bright. Cause they know people like you will buy anything!

Also I understand that your "SLOW" but seriously in case you didn't notice, this is a PUBLIC FORUM ABOUT IPHONE DISCUSSION! Are you mad that I'm tellin it like it is because you only want people who are dumb like yourself and who cheer on the new iPhone that way you can feel good and justify buying it? Your like a fat person who goes to fat person self help groups with other fat people and you all tell each other how beautiful you are and how important you really are in life even though everyone else makes fun of you!

Like mikerlx, Apple could have at least even made the new iPhone as thin as the iPod Touch! What a joke! I guess maybe car manufacturers should start putting out cars that are EXACTLY THE SAME every year too right? Seeing as how there will always be some dum dum like yourself that will buy them anyways

It's funny when someone throws out insults about being "slow" and not too "bright", but is too stupid to know the difference between "your", and "you're". Good job guy. You just made yourself look like a dope.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

PotatoHead (06-14-2009)

Oh well. Everyone has an opinion. All I know is I ordered 2. One for my wife and one for me. Why? Because I like the internal upgrades and I can afford it. Regardless of what everyone thinks, the 3Gs will sell like hot cakes and the line will be around the corner as usual. Its crazy I know but the iPhone is by far the most used and most entertaining device I have ever owned. Call me slow but I love it!

Oh yeah, and "dum" is really spelled "dumb".

Obviously they don't have to give people a reason to buy their phone because there will always be idiots like yourself who will just buy whatever someone sells them! That's why Apple's motto is to "THINK DIFFERENT" cause they wanna target the "SLOW PEOPLE" who aren't all that bright. Cause they know people like you will buy anything!

Also I understand that your "SLOW" but seriously in case you didn't notice, this is a PUBLIC FORUM ABOUT IPHONE DISCUSSION! Are you mad that I'm tellin it like it is because you only want people who are dumb like yourself and who cheer on the new iPhone that way you can feel good and justify buying it? Your like a fat person who goes to fat person self help groups with other fat people and you all tell each other how beautiful you are and how important you really are in life even though everyone else makes fun of you!

Like mikerlx, Apple could have at least even made the new iPhone as thin as the iPod Touch! What a joke! I guess maybe car manufacturers should start putting out cars that are EXACTLY THE SAME every year too right? Seeing as how there will always be some dum dum like yourself that will buy them anyways
    Troll much?

Lastly, don't try to talk to me about "NOT ADDING ANYTHING" as I have been responsible for cracking several apps that have been posted on various forums as well as currently run my own repo which serves hundreds of people on a daily basis. So don't try to talk to me about adding anything! I think the real question is WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE mr big talker??
    Wow! Cracked apps! Thanks for that contribution genius. How bout trying to write an app? Why bother cracking apps that cost $2 anyways? And what do I bring to the table? I'm a consumer. I bring my wallet to the table.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 06-14-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

PotatoHead (06-14-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Americans are crazy about the iPhone, maybe it's the best phone to ever come out of the USA! You can't preorder the iPhone 3GS from AT&T anymore either, two weeks waiting line, shows how crazy Americans are over the iPhone!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Your right about this being a open public forum but do you have to sit back and insult other members here? I'm sure you'll have something disgusting to say about me next but who cares. You talk about intelligence so where is yours? I could get all foul mouth like you but don't have to. So here we see your that the world has people like you. Thank god I'll never meet you on the street.

Why are people so angry on here?

Sad, people
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

PotatoHead (06-14-2009)

Any time you want to meet me boy and I mean BOY no problem with me. I will tell you one thing for sure you wouldn't get close enough to slap me. Even at 60 years old I could still take you out and I mean out for good. Your just another punk as far as I'm concerned. I was fighting in Viet Nam before you were born. I try to be civilized and look what happens. It sounds like your the little cry baby. You must have been a very deprived little boy growing up because all you do is lash out at everyone around you. Blow me kid.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmydee For This Useful Post:

A Retired Mod (06-14-2009)

I would have thought at your age you would have learned better.
    Anyone that thinks violence solves anything really should get a life.

I'm confused confucious so now you have decided to lecture me. Here is the deal you don't know the first thing about me. So at my age you've decided what I should have learned by know. I will tell you this I don't like smart mouth punks telling me there going to slap me. I come from the streets of Chicago and was fighting in Viet Nam at 18 years old. At my age I will stand up to anyone don't ever doubt that. Why don't you worry about your own age and not mine.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmydee For This Useful Post:

I lecture no one.
    But I don't believe violence solves anything and certainly don't think that something as trivial as the iPhone is worth getting so worked up about.
    Someone you know nothing about (possibly a 12 y/o kid) has got you so worked up on a forum about a phone?
    I just find that sad.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-14-2009), PotatoHead (06-14-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,049 Times in 6,139 Posts

Getting a bit out of control here boys.
    Let it go.

It is not about a phone it is what he has to say. If he is a twelve year kid then he should have been taught to watch his mouth. You really don't pay much attention to the context of his text. I only get worked up when I'm someone decides to talk sh'it to me. But I can see that your a man of peace turn the other cheek and all. That is what I call sad.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmydee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydee View Post
    But I can see that your a man of peace turn the other cheek and all. That is what I call sad.
    Nope, I'm just a coward that runs at the first sign of violence.

There's an app for that

27. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

PotatoHead (06-14-2009)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope, I'm just a coward that runs at the first sign of violence.

There's an app for that
    But then there or people like you who keep running off at the mouth. STFU

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast