+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Early Leak of iPhone 3G S Unboxing Pics!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I agree that a matte back would've been better, but I'm still excited to pick this one up, simply for the extra storage and CPU boost. Talked to Apple and
    Thanks

I agree that a matte back would've been better, but I'm still excited to pick this one up, simply for the extra storage and CPU boost.

Talked to Apple and they guarantee delivery by the 19th

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Instead of spending sooo much money on a new iPhone, I'd rather get a MacBook.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

I wonder if I can get a Mac Book from the library..... :/
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Why fix what isnt broken?
    While I would have liked some appearance changes (matte black case primarily, even with silver ring) keeping the same form factor is a big benefit for purchasing accessories.

I can order my Vaja case now (if their web site works (and why don't they still sell Rivet???)) and have it a lot sooner than waiting for new development.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    So why dont you tell us what you would have done to make it different/better?
    We could start by removing the cheap and nasty plastic casing.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    We could start by removing the cheap and nasty plastic casing.
    And replace it with a metal one so we could have no reception?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks so awesome! I just pre-ordered mine and now I just have to wait!! X-Mas in June!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    there are phones that have metal backs that have good reception

Thanks

There might be - but not with the design of the iPhone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warisjain View Post
    its just the light effects making the bezel look gold i think. otherwise it looks pretty real to me.

and stealth congrats on getting it. ^^
    i still have to wait cuz ****** rogers is not accepting preorders. :/
    Rogers accepted my pre-order!! I didnt do it online, but I called my local store. First asked if they were carrying the new iPhone 3GS on Friday and they said yes and then I asked if they are accepting pre-orders and he said for sure.

Just call them on the 17th and they will put one aside for me. Said the only thing is, I have to make sure I am there early on the 19th and not wait until the afternoon as they will only hold it so long. No problem there. I will be calling on the 17th.

I am in a smaller town close to the GTA, so I dont expect a huge line or anything.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

There might be - but not with the design of the iPhone.
    iPhone 2G gets better reception than iPhone 3G and that's a metal back.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

I think there are other materials than metal and crappy polycarbonate, I'm not too sure though.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah this unboxing definitely not needed..its the same thing just a few internal adjustments

Thanks

3GS should have been as thin as an ipod touch with all those features

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneKilla View Post
    LMAO you obviously have been hiding under a rock, perhaps you been watching too many orioles games that it's made you retarded or something because you apparently missed all the RUMORED iPhone photos that have been posted in the last few months which have looked WAYYYYYY better than the POS iPhone 3GS which is nothing but a 3G iPhone with a few hardware changes and mostly software changes! Hell almost all the good stuff is in the 3.0 FW anyways! What about the front mounted camera? The bigger screen? The relocated speakers? The OLED Screen? The rubber matte back?

Oh sweet that's right I forgot we got a compass and now we can shoot HIGH QUALITY VIDEO LOL you people are effin dumb sometimes getting all hyped up over dum sh.it! You wanna shoot HIGH QUALITY VIDEO go buy a damn VIDEO CAMERA! Also WHAT THE FUK do you people honestly need a damn compass for? Are you fu.ckin kidding me

Hell even this mock up looks WAYYYYY nicer than a POS 3GS
    Why are you so mad about this?

Thanks

LMAO you obviously have been hiding under a rock, perhaps you been watching too many orioles games that it's made you retarded or something because you apparently missed all the RUMORED iPhone photos that have been posted in the last few months which have looked WAYYYYYY better than the POS iPhone 3GS which is nothing but a 3G iPhone with a few hardware changes and mostly software changes! Hell almost all the good stuff is in the 3.0 FW anyways! What about the front mounted camera? The bigger screen? The relocated speakers? The OLED Screen? The rubber matte back?

Oh sweet that's right I forgot we got a compass and now we can shoot HIGH QUALITY VIDEO LOL you people are effin dumb sometimes getting all hyped up over dum sh.it! You wanna shoot HIGH QUALITY VIDEO go buy a damn VIDEO CAMERA! Also WHAT THE FUK do you people honestly need a damn compass for? Are you fu.ckin kidding me

Hell even this mock up looks WAYYYYY nicer than a POS 3GS

If you don't like the iPhone why are you posting on an iPhone thread, on a site targeting the iPhone community? You said the key word, "rumor." They are rumors for a reason, and we already at 50% of the rumor are just that and will never been on the next release of the iPhone. Anyone who is semi-educated could figure out Apple would not put a camera on the front or make a bigger screen. The iPhone is the iPhone for a reason and the I don't see Apple ever changing the size of the screen. Also, from Apple's past we know they will not put everything that they can into the phone, they have to give you a reason to buy the new one, just like they have with all of their other products.

Second that mock up looks hideous. The home key looks like it's ready to fall off. On top of that smaller is not better, it just means it will break quicker.

I will finish by saying, once again, if you don't like the iPhone then don't look at a site dedicated to the iPhone!
    Last edited by PotatoHead; 06-13-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks

Obviously they don't have to give people a reason to buy their phone because there will always be idiots like yourself who will just buy whatever someone sells them! That's why Apple's motto is to "THINK DIFFERENT" cause they wanna target the "SLOW PEOPLE" who aren't all that bright. Cause they know people like you will buy anything!

Also I understand that your "SLOW" but seriously in case you didn't notice, this is a PUBLIC FORUM ABOUT IPHONE DISCUSSION! Are you mad that I'm tellin it like it is because you only want people who are dumb like yourself and who cheer on the new iPhone that way you can feel good and justify buying it? Your like a fat person who goes to fat person self help groups with other fat people and you all tell each other how beautiful you are and how important you really are in life even though everyone else makes fun of you!

Like mikerlx, Apple could have at least even made the new iPhone as thin as the iPod Touch! What a joke! I guess maybe car manufacturers should start putting out cars that are EXACTLY THE SAME every year too right? Seeing as how there will always be some dum dum like yourself that will buy them anyways
    You just proved that you are the "dum dum". The only way you know how to defend yourself is by insulting someone else. Grow up!

On that note, I won't just buy anything. If I see a value in it then I will purchase it. The iPhone 3G S has many upgrades, maybe not what everyone wanted to see. But, like I said before they are not going to dump everything into one product. The companies that do that don't stay successful. Yes it's true some of these features can be done now, but when something is integrated into the OS it just runs better. And, lets not forget the faster processor and data speeds.

Let's remember one thing, the iPhone is a phone and the iPod Touch is an iPod. There are more pieces that go into a phone than an iPod. If they made it as thin as the iPod Touch the device would not work as well as it should.

I'm not mad. I just don't understand why you would waste your time in a forum if you have no interest in item being discussed. All you want to do is come here and tell people why the iPhone is no good. You are not adding anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It really looks lovely!
    Cant wait to get one :-)
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-28-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Removed Spam

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    I'm not mad. I just don't understand why you would waste your time in a forum if you have no interest in item being discussed. All you want to do is come here and tell people why the iPhone is no good. You are not adding anything.
    Newsflash for you: Some of us on this site are *gasp* not Apple fanboys.

I guess you think that if we post on these forums, we have to praise Apple, the iPod and the iPhone 100% of the time, or else we're not adding anything to the discussion?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    iPhone 2G gets better reception than iPhone 3G and that's a metal back.
    The 2G has plastic over it's one aerial - the 3G has exactly the same GSM aerial but also a second aerial for 3G - if it had the same back as the original it would get the same 2G reception but no 3G reception. If you turn off 3G you will get the same reception with a 3G iphone as you would with a 2G, 3G reception comes from seperate transmiters so may vary and here in the UK O2's 3G network is not very good - which is why I am on T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I think there are other materials than metal and crappy polycarbonate, I'm not too sure though.
    I am no expert on plastics (funnily enough my father is, I think I'll have to have a chat with him) but polycarb is a remarkable material. Short of carbon fibre (which would boost the cost considerably) I can't think of anything better.

I would like to point out that I have had no problems with my back, no cracks or anything and I mishandle my phone! So I guess I'm not sure why people make such a big deal about the back, if I had problems my views would probably be different....