+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Early Leak of iPhone 3G S Unboxing Pics!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Awesome! =D love the pics! Oh and If anyone is still wondering about if you get a discount if you already have the iPhone 3G, you actually DO get a
    Thanks

Awesome! =D love the pics! Oh and If anyone is still wondering about if you get a discount if you already have the iPhone 3G, you actually DO get a reduced discount. (Also I might get the discount because I did have an original iPhone, but I had a different number.) Mine is $500 for the 32gb 3GS and I am getting $6.60 off the monthly plan and $5 off data for some reason! and You get to CHOOSE if you want to opt out of MMS or not! Soo If my assumption is correct...all iPhone 3GS will ALREADY have MMS activated.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I think these pics are fake as the time is stuck on 1:37 and these according to someone were taken in China which apparently has AT&T with full 3G signal!
    Why not make a video instead of pictures? Unboxing of iPhone 3G but photoshopped to look like the 3GS, although a white iPhone with a gold bezel would be nice! *drools*
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 06-12-2009 at 08:51 AM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Thats an awesome phone

Thanks
    thanks for the leak pics... appreciate it...

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    From where I've read it has the same dimensions as the 3G so all 3G cases should fit the 3GS. I think I read that on CNET.

I am wondering if they will have a white version like last year, anyone know if a black OR white version will be available like last year?
    Yes, there's a link on the apple page with a comparison between the two phones, and its exactly the same.

Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm) Same as 3G
    Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm) Same as 3G
    Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm) Same as 3G
    Weight: 4.8 ounces (135 grams)

Only difference is the 3G is 4.7 ounces, where the 3g-s is 4.8. But thats acceptabe I guess and I believe both the 16 and 32 are available in Black or White.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    the compass is really one of the dumbest things ever for the iphone.

i mean really. we have to wait on all these other things, and in the meantime they give us a large compass application.... as if the other appstore compass apps meant nothing.

thanks for wasting your time apple, and all the advertising going into showing off the iphones capability of a compass application...
    I can't fully support you there.

Sure, not many people may use the compass.

But I'm pretty sure the hardware for the compass is used in Google Maps so it can pick up your location and which direction you're facing, which I think would be really handy.

I have had times where I had to think twice before I knew which way I was facing.

I personally think Apple just made the compass app because they could, but the hardware was put in for different reasons.
    Last edited by Jordo_6; 06-12-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks

Nice pics, looks just as good as my 3G but i guess i'm a 3G Sucker! Can't wait to pre-order my 32GB White today!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jordo_6 View Post
    I can't fully support you there.

Sure, not many people may not use the compass.
    So the way that's worded, your saying that a lot of people may use the compass. lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monadzback View Post
    So the way that's worded, your saying that a lot of people may use the compass. lol
    Ahhh crap lol typo... fixed, Thanks.
    Last edited by Jordo_6; 06-12-2009 at 09:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

All of the new features will play into a bigger picture... Compass for navi. (TomTom) voice interface (verbal commands for games and apps) etc. Sure not everyone will use them for their "vanilla" uses but the possibilities for integration of the features are endless.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Sat Nav doesn't need a built in compass.
    But I guess it was the one feature most users had been crying out for....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish it would have actually had the rubbery back like that picture that was released a while back.

Thanks

I went into a Chinese restaurant and complained that the chicken was rubbery - they took it as a compliment....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish apple had gone with matte back. i hate the streaky greasy gloss back but i dont care for cases... oh well ill keep wiping my phone and washing my now bloody hands at a compulsive rate ;D
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks nice, can't wait to get mine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish appled would have pushed a camera with a little higher mega pixel than 3.12...
    there are so many phones out there with 8mp and now even 12mp so for apple making us wait so long I wish they would of went all out on this one... but then again I guess they need to leave some room for next years iphone. I am really excited about the cpu on the 3gs as most the other features we could have somewhat activated with third-party apps...

Pre ordered my black 16gb and will pick it up on friday!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeah booooooooooooi!

Quote Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
    I wish apple had gone with matte back. i hate the streaky greasy gloss back but i dont care for cases... oh well ill keep wiping my phone and washing my now bloody hands at a compulsive rate ;D
    yes!!! new look would have been nice!!!

i just read the posts from italkiphone.com looks like he snaged the pics from engadget china and claimed its his own phone to get hits. what a guy.. but I did see the pictures on engadget china yesterday... and i too noticed the clock being stuck on 1:37... hmmm
    Last edited by imilad; 06-12-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    I am wondering if they will have a white version like last year, anyone know if a black OR white version will be available like last year?
    Yes, both will be available of course.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It can't actually be gold trim, LOL, and if it was I would never buy it. Unless I went with a gold tooth to match. ;P Can we say tacky? Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It has to be a lighting or reflection issue... there's NO WAY they would make it gold.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneKilla View Post
    What a friggin JOKE!! Damn thing is IDENTICAL to an iPhone 3G It's things like this why Crapple will NEVER be #1
    So why dont you tell us what you would have done to make it different/better? You can only do so much with a device. A screen and some buttons. Why fix what isnt broken? WTF?
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 06-12-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks

I think a lot of people are missing out on the compass possibilities.

How many realized the accelerometer could be used for so much more than simple portrait/landscape orientation switching? The flexibility provided by Apple's using such sophisticated hardware enabled a lot more.

Well, the accelerometer has one limitation - it can not detect when you rotate the iPhone around a vertical access - but the magnetometer can. Now games have an additional access of control available.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage