+ Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hello, Firmware 2.0. Nice to JAILBREAK YA.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
wonder if there is gonna be any other firmware updates previous to this one
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

you guys are amazing!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Did Zibri ran over your dog or something? You've done nothing but bash him in this and other threads. He went his own way, the dev team is doing their own thing. Both are tackling on the upcoming firmware through different means and from the looks of it both have gotten past the lock. Bashing someone and just outright trying to dirty their name just makes you look like a jealous 12 year old. If you have something against it, that's your opinion but don't try to belittle someone's achievements because they ran over your dog.

And I'm honestly surprised at the amount of interest people have for a beta firmware. Beta's are hardly known for being stable and they exist only to find, sort, and fix bugs. Let the developers and apple play with their firmware for a bit, and get it to a working stable state which we can then enjoy. We already know the DEV team not only has access to the firmware, but has broken it already.

And last but not least, the dev team has not been secretive of their methods and are sure Apple can't do about anything about it just as Apple isn't intentionally going out of their way to lock the phone over and over again. The fact that a jailbreak breaks when there's an upgrade is not because Apple is out there to get you, it's because they made changes and improvement to how the phone itself work. Please take off your tinfoil hats and chill guys, June will be here soon enough.
    I don't feel like arguing about this nor would it be wise.

No problem P_F, it's not as much Zibri, it's just the people thanking him for this after watching the dev team work so hard on this. If it's ok with you P_F, I'll post a video showing that the ramdisk exploit was patched and will require a restore, and it can not be fixed to work either.

Video is uploading as we speak! Will post a link when it's finished.
    Last edited by King Chronic; 03-13-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

video yay

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Theres nothing wrong with Zibri, and nothing wrong with what the dev team do, so quit it there.

Your both trying to do the same thing so far enough going to be some comptition but theres laods people out there trying to do it doesn't mean anything until someone is 100% successfull, and still then its persoanly choice as to what program people use to jailbreak and unlock there phones then.

Think thye have both done a great job, but like mentioned this is just a beta, not apples finle thing! but im sure it will be along the same lines!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    I don't feel like arguing about this nor would it be wise.

No problem P_F, it's not as much Zibri, it's just the people thanking him for this after watching the dev team work so hard on this. If it's ok with you P_F, I'll post a video showing that the ramdisk exploit was patched and will require a restore, and it can not be fixed to work either.

Video is uploading as we speak! Will post a link when it's finished.
    Are you implying that if we jailbroke, activated and unlocked our iPhone's with ZiPhone then we are SOL for upgrading to v2 or just that if we upgrade to v2 and then try and use ZiPhone it will brick it? I pray it's the latter...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan christopher View Post
    I assume this was meant to be a rhetorical question? Unless there were some serious bugs in 1.1.4 why would there be another release before June?? Since 1.2 (aka 2.0) was announced I can't imagine why Apple would want to divert effort in order to add new features to a 1.1.5 or 1.1.6. Educated guess but I would think Apple internal development would be fully focused on the 1.2 release...

hal
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry to keep asking this and appear dense but I'd be grateful for any insight from those who know....

If I have the free SDK, and a properly activated iPhone, with an iPhone account, would I be able to load on 1.2.0? or is it corporate affiliates and the DevTeam hack only?

Thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    Sorry to keep asking this and appear dense but I'd be grateful for any insight from those who know....

If I have the free SDK, and a properly activated iPhone, with an iPhone account, would I be able to load on 1.2.0? or is it corporate affiliates and the DevTeam hack only?

Thank you.
    You will need to purchase the developers package ( $99 ) and once they approve it, you will be sent 1.2 ( aka 2.0 ).

Most likely firmware is linked / embedded with info about you so if leaked they have the source.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
    Are you implying that if we jailbroke, activated and unlocked our iPhone's with ZiPhone then we are SOL for upgrading to v2 or just that if we upgrade to v2 and then try and use ZiPhone it will brick it? I pray it's the latter...
    It should be the later (even though zibri is claiming on his site that it works with 2.0).

Because you should (in theory) be able to go back to stock using the zibri tool and a restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how did they get the firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    You will need to purchase the developers package ( $99 ) and once they approve it, you will be sent 1.2 ( aka 2.0 ).

Most likely firmware is linked / embedded with info about you so if leaked they have the source.
    so are you saying the 1.2 is included with the $99 dev package?
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Awesome
    Go Dev Team!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

very cool

Thanks

It just freaks me out. I only bought an iPoT because of jailbreaking.

Apple isn't exactly careless with their security, and a team of hackers has pwn'd them before the release twice now.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
    As not to cause any arguments since that is not the point of this thread, I will not say much. What I will say though is that you are safe, and I'd advise against using whatever Zibri releases in June until it is tested out, again, I won't say why since I don't want to start an argument, but just take my word.

Oh well, should I still post my video? Mine is about 8 minutes long and documents many more features if anyone is still interested. If so, what's a good background song? I'm thinking Dream Theater but I can't find one that fits...
    Last edited by King Chronic; 03-13-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Please post the video.

Not to beat a dead horse, but do you think there is any chance we will see some release of this firmware (or perhaps the Exchange features extracted for use under 1.1.4) prior to June? Every article that I read about the dev team's "replacement firmware" method seems to state or imply that it will be difficult, if not impossible, for Apple to create a fix. If so, why the reticence to release something now?

Anyway, thanks to the dev team for all of its hard work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dream Thearer FTMFW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    If so, what's a good background song? I'm thinking Dream Theater but I can't find one that fits...

I think.. Dream Theater/Awake/The Mirror would work nicely.