Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hello, Firmware 2.0. Nice to JAILBREAK YA.

My guess is that the jailbreak is something they've been sitting on for a while. Perhaps a different take on something, but you don't usually have a 24 hour turn around on a major system hole. They are going to keep a lid on the method until June.

The only other possibility is if there was a loophole in the way the system handles SDK created apps, where some arbitrary code was able to run despite the app not being signed.

Regardless, the dev team really is awesome, and does the serious grunt work in keeping the platform (effectively) open.

Great job guys.

Hell yeah, great job for the dev team

as for people wondering whether apple will create a patch for the loophole, they can't because like us, they don't know what the jailbreak is. Hence why the Dev Team is not releasing the method until the time is right.

This is not 1.1.2 again where there was no method for a very long time.

Dev Team, thank you for doing what you do.

Excellent news... Maybe Apple programmers are running out of idea how to come up with better jail? hehe.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    good **** ......keep up the good work

Yeah Dev Team rules!!!

Thanks to all of you, cause without your work none of us will have a simfree iPhone

Yeah a lot of new features are coming up!
    But what happens with all of us people who can't reflash the baseband because of some corrupt data somewhere? (eeprom/seczone I guess)?
    Couldn't dev-team work on it someday? I mean there's a lot of people like me and we only hear about news of jailbreaks or activations, when a real problem is here...

Thanks

great work. i don't want to see a video, i don't care how you did it. i don't want apple to find anything out, im just happy that it is starting to look like jailbreak is never going away! great!

a list of new features wouldn't hurt though.......

Yawn, until the real FW is released this is just trumpet blowing. Get an easy GUI jailbreak, activate and unlock app in our hands 24 hours after the official FW update and I will be impressed.

Wow amaizing... Thanks a lot Dev™....

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you...but not exactly...

Yeah, they are truly awesome guys. I know they were good, but doing this whole 1.2 jailbreak thing with them showed how cool they were

I can't answer too many questions right now, but pumpkin OK'd the video. The only limitation is that I can not show how I jailbroke the firmware, but I can show you guys all the cool new features, and believe me they are pretty awesome. The only thing I regret is not being able to get Spore early from the App Store (They wiped it clean, there is nothing in the App Store at the time...)
    Please, please, PLEASE, I ask you guys to be very careful and not let anyone leak the jailbreak method until AFTER Apple have released v. 2.0... this way we can all have both our official apps and jailbroken apps, guaranteed.

woow, amazing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

good god you guys are awesome. keep up the good work :thumbsup:

woow... you guys so..awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you to all your hard... and that's amaze me that you guys already jailbroken firmware 2.0 lolzzzzz nice.......

speachless man !
    fck thout wde hav 2 wait till june
    awsome dev ! js don stop amazin :P
    hope u can send it out here befor dem apple
    eatrs do x)

my impression is that since this took only a few hours is that they used PWNED to do this. Pwned should never be patched, as it is on a deep level of the iPhones nor. Thus making it unfixable by apple.

So with this jailbreak being unparchable, why not release it now?
    Want some help PM me and ill answer it asap

cheers to the Dev Team for the excellent job. Hopefully we can all have it unlocked & jailbroken iphone at the end of june. We've got enough time to do that & perhaps we can have it before the officail apple release for the new firmware...

Quote Originally Posted by pininfarina View Post
    cool news.

1 question though. is it possible for apple to start doing firmware updates via the att signal, and therefore implement ECM's for jailbroken/unlocked phones?
    They wouldn't do that. Too many bricked phones for anyone with a weak signal

Quote Originally Posted by abujala View Post
    hey

is there a video showing the new stuff?/
    Will be up in the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
    Can you post a link to this video... I would love to see these "pretty awesome" new features... I will "thank" you if I see a video
    I will post a link as soon as I put it on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnstone View Post
    It's not 2.0
    The SDK ships with 1.2
    2.0, with all the enterprise functionality, is ONLY available to corporate testers.
    Apple hasn't even approved the first corporate application to send the firmware file too.
    Those test kits will involve REAL iPhones, not simulators.
    No, the real firmware was jailbroken. And I can't say any more, but you're going to have to just trust me when I say that the corporate guys have this firmware too.

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    damm now they realesed all this info and apple will probly change it. good going y cant they just keep a secret
    It's OK, the method has not been revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    very impressive, however, how do we know that the exploit that they used won't be patched already by apple come the public release?

Really though, great work. Apple = PWN'd
    As long as everyone stays quiet, we're all good

Quote Originally Posted by nudge2232 View Post
    Awesome! Is there anything they can't do?

My theory is that they are Apple Geniuses working from within the company
    I wouldn't be suprised :P

Quote Originally Posted by radicale View Post
    My guess is that the jailbreak is something they've been sitting on for a while. Perhaps a different take on something, but you don't usually have a 24 hour turn around on a major system hole. They are going to keep a lid on the method until June.

The only other possibility is if there was a loophole in the way the system handles SDK created apps, where some arbitrary code was able to run despite the app not being signed.

Regardless, the dev team really is awesome, and does the serious grunt work in keeping the platform (effectively) open.

Great job guys.
    Nope, trust me, they really did get it done that fast

Quote Originally Posted by starkruzr View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE, I ask you guys to be very careful and not let anyone leak the jailbreak method until AFTER Apple have released v. 2.0... this way we can all have both our official apps and jailbroken apps, guaranteed.
    It's ok, this has been told to me when I inquired about if it would be wise to make the video. I will just be showing off the new features after it has been jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by secretmrx View Post
    my impression is that since this took only a few hours is that they used PWNED to do this. Pwned should never be patched, as it is on a deep level of the iPhones nor. Thus making it unfixable by apple.

So with this jailbreak being unparchable, why not release it now?
    Even if they did use that, it would be considered leaking the firmware which is illegal.
    Last edited by King Chronic; 03-12-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

danielw719 (03-12-2008), Makki (03-12-2008)

from what I read apple would need to change a lot of stuff to secure itself from the dev team, so their app will one-up ziphone, and will be around until apple fixes their horrid gap in security. Props to zibri, and dev crew cause of yall people buy more iPhones. Keep it up

Just in my mind. Where is the proof of this? There is none, or I cant see one. I don't believe what I don't see. And just a Screenshot of something is definitely no proof at all.
    A*obe CS3 by ubik "teh CS3 iPhone theme":
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48371

My FW way:
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 locked ->1.0.2 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 JB/unlocked. ->1.1.2 JB/locked fxxcked up not booting ->
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.2 JB/unlocked ->update to 1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked fxxcked up, spinning wheel of death ->
    restore 1.1.3-> 1.1.3 JB/unlocked.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast