Closed Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Order Unsubsidized iPhone 3GS By Hacking Apple Online Store & Get it Delivered

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NessLookAlike Who would report this to Apple? Why? Out of pity for Apple... making money? What an a**-f***. It would probably sellers from the ebay or some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Who would report this to Apple? Why? Out of pity for Apple... making money? What an a**-f***.
    It would probably sellers from the ebay or some terds who are trying to collect money by shutting off entire holes.... what a shame.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_b0x View Post
    just 4 of them? how many did you order?
    i only ordered 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alba-ny View Post
    And those recieved already??? What do you think?

just picked it up from fedex this morning

to those who got you iphones, don't forget to get your ECID just in case, also i think to those who ordered Tuesday onwards have a higher possibility to get that email that was posted above, hope more of you receive your iphones
    Last edited by IPHONEPLZZ; 06-27-2009 at 09:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was able to order a few this way back he early part of June. Sucks they patched it.
    UMBP 15.4" 2.93Ghz 1TB 7200RPM RAID 0 8GB
    4TB AppleTV
    16GB White iPhone 3G
    32GB White iPhone 3G S⃣
    mac Mini 2.26Ghz 4GB 2x500GB 7200RPM RAID 0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    aw man...im so jealous haha i wonder if there's another way around it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPHONEPLZZ View Post
    to those who got you iphones, don't forget to get your ECID just in case...
    what is an ECID? Geohot discovered a new security feature in the 3GS, a way the phone talks to itunes. Apparently when the firmware is restored a signature is generated just for your iPhone's unique ECID number. This number is crucial to have since apple may try to block it on a future update. The link below shows you how to get that #.

Hack that Phone - Finding the ECID for the iPhone 3G S

i went ahead and did that however i accidentally plugged in the phone when connected to itunes in regular mode. it said a dialog of "waiting for activation", and i immediately unplugged it all nervous. Oddly though, the screen on itunes just showed me the registration screen.

Yet, after i read the detailed directions and got the ECID from recovery mode, it booted back to regular mode. I expected the "plug-into-itunes" screen, but instead i got the regular "slide to unlock" screen...with springboard and all, the service icon said "no service" obviously because of the stock ATT sim inside". But i was perplexed...there was the springboard right before my eyes...did i do something right? could i use this as a touch till the JB comes out or should i just leave it be?
    Last edited by hydroabiscuit; 06-27-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: just meant to be known :)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hydroabiscuit For This Useful Post:

IPHONEPLZZ (06-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgos View Post
    ok looks like they really cancel the orders :/
    That's the email I got.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@hydroabiscuit

the exact same thing happened to me, tbh i still don't get how it activated itself, though for me i accidentally put mine in DFU first then rebooted then put in recovery while itunes was up, also thanks for explaining the ECID part for those not in the loop, after some preliminary testing push works since it was "activated", i used beejive to test if any1 wanted to know, youtube also working fine, got to throw more apps and sync mine to see what else works, will report back once i do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPHONEPLZZ View Post
    @hydroabiscuit

the exact same thing happened to me, tbh i still don't get how it activated itself, though for me i accidentally put mine in DFU first then rebooted then put in recovery while itunes was up, also thanks for explaining the ECID part for those not in the loop, after some preliminary testing push works since it was "activated", i used beejive to test if any1 wanted to know, youtube also working fine, got to throw more apps and sync mine to see what else works, will report back once i do
    So a few questions pose to me:
    1. is it safe to use the phone at least as a "touch" for now?
    2. i'm a t-mobile customer...obviously i wont be putting my tmo sim until a proper unlock is in effect (to be safe), so should i leave the stock ATT sim inside? or just take it out and leave the phone sim-less for now
    3. @IPHONEPLZZ...are you an ATT customer? curious

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since they patched the hack could someone now describe how it was done? Please satisfy my curiosity!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ hydroabiscuit

1. from what i can see its fine, i just synced mine and everything went ok

2. i currently left the original att sim in and just threw it in airplane mode so it would sync
    3. i am a loyal tmobile customer waiting for unlock

on a side note as you see in the pic it says ATT as carrier, i assume since it was " activated" that would be the answer

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IPHONEPLZZ For This Useful Post:

hydroabiscuit (06-27-2009)

Thanks

@IPHONEPLZZ when you sync'd, did you start fresh or did you restore from a previous backup? (mind you, my last backup was from a jailbroken 2G iphone with 2.2.1)
    Last edited by hydroabiscuit; 06-27-2009 at 03:09 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ hydroabiscuit

i started fresh, no back up, ,most of the time backups cause more problems than they are worth, i found this neat program a while back that backs up most of the things you would need, i haven't used it personally but i will once the 3gs is my primary phone

here is the link

iPhone Backup Utility

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Another mention on the Purplera1n ecid--if your phone doesn't show up in the usb--go to options and set configure and refresh, and then open up the first tab and hit refresh and it should show up then....it took me a while to figure this out.

Oh and when i set up my new 3gs i restored from a previous backup and it kept some of the things i had set like system string on the status bar "which i have customized" and ********** was installed still as well....so i guess this shows that it can be jailbroke and/or manipulated at least..

BRING ON THE JAILBREAK!!!!

Thanks

thanx! but im a mac user, so i used this app:

iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor

it allows me to open up iphone backup files and extract just the things i need...in this case i just wanted the photos is all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

finally, the last 2 of my order arrived

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    thanx! but im a mac user, so i used this app:

iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor

it allows me to open up iphone backup files and extract just the things i need...in this case i just wanted the photos is all
    I actually restored to 3.0 unlocked and then restored my backup and everything seemed to work except my photos which had become corrupt so new photos weren't saved. I ended up doing a clean restore and just synching everything from scratch.
    I'm not sure whether extracting your photos and restoring just them would cause problems.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there is a trick to restoring the photos, you first take a picture on the fresh phone before you copy pictures, then copy and chmod the pictures, taking new pics will now work, aka no blank spaces when you take pics

Thanks

@iphoneplzz which chmod? 755 or 777?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tbh i forgot because when i restored i tried all the diff ones till it worked lol, atm tho i just ssh'd to my DCIM folder and that folder was set to 755, then the 100APPLE folder was set to 700, and the pics inside are to 644, though i would try to chmod to mobile first