Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Order Unsubsidized iPhone 3GS By Hacking Apple Online Store & Get it Delivered

Hey guys, obviously I'm a new member here.
    Obviously, I am also trying to get in on this hack;
    however, I am not just some newb who is going to spread this all over the interwebz, and has no idea what I am doing.

I am a trusted senior member at another hacking/modding/cheating site (CN) and I also pretty much know how this hack works, I just cant get it right and the suspense is killing me. I have tried carrier codes from italy, tmobile etc. but none of them work.

So if someone could PM me the 299 hack that would be great! (Also Im pretty sure that this can work with the 3G for $99, along whatever lines the current hack is using.)

Quote Originally Posted by albinoblack View Post
    however, I am not just some newb who is going to spread this all over the interwebz, and has no idea what I am doing.
    wat dayya mean..

I just made a thread about this, but since I worry it is related to this hack...

Just a few minutes ago I went to check my email, and instead of "t-mobile" listed in the corner I saw "AT&T"
    How, and why is this??? I have never had an account with ATT. I am so confused, and worry a little that it has something to do with my newly hacked order. Right now I am four hours from home, staying at my parents, and I don't have the best coverage with t-mobile, but I never noticed such a thing before.

Do you think it is some fluke or maybe that because of my hacked order somehow I am with AT&T now, like it or not?
    Is there a way to check with att and not sound like an idiot? Website maybe, except I don't have an account to log into... hopefully. ETA, my number shows as invalid with them, but I am still confused and want ot figure this out.

Has anyone else noticed this happening?
    Last edited by Alba-ny; 06-22-2009 at 08:03 PM.

As someone mentioned in your other thread I think it has something to do with roaming. I'm currently on a 2G unlocked with T-Mobile and I have seen the ATT in the carrier name while away in the mountains. The carrier name eventually changed from ATT but I have noticed it a few times whenever I'm roaming. You should be fine.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JRML970 For This Useful Post:

Alba-ny (06-23-2009)

any updates? mine still: "Not yet shipped"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to serverleader For This Useful Post:

bmxtreme (06-24-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by serverleader View Post
    any updates? mine still: "Not yet shipped"
    Its probably backordered. Could be a few days to a week or more.

Mine's at Prepared for Shipment since 1:20PM EST. I think they will ship it around 07:00-09:00AM EST (as per what other people have reported).

This hack works! Just ordered a white 16gig for cheaper prices than Ebay.

Not received a confirmation e-mail yet. I'm really hoping it will get here before Friday as I'll be out of town for a few days.

Has anyone actually received theirs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Alba-ny View Post
    I just made a thread about this, but since I worry it is related to this hack...

Just a few minutes ago I went to check my email, and instead of "t-mobile" listed in the corner I saw "AT&T"
    How, and why is this??? I have never had an account with ATT. I am so confused, and worry a little that it has something to do with my newly hacked order. Right now I am four hours from home, staying at my parents, and I don't have the best coverage with t-mobile, but I never noticed such a thing before.

Do you think it is some fluke or maybe that because of my hacked order somehow I am with AT&T now, like it or not?
    Is there a way to check with att and not sound like an idiot? Website maybe, except I don't have an account to log into... hopefully. ETA, my number shows as invalid with them, but I am still confused and want ot figure this out.

Has anyone else noticed this happening?

Did you active your iphone 3gs?

Thanks, JRML970, for your input. It was something I had not ever seen before, and now with my guilty consience was scared
    I guess it is just roaming. My old phone probably wasn't even capable of showing that sort of thing.

Crusai, no I haven't recieved my order yet. (I cancelled my initial one and will be waiting longer no doubt.) Anyway, since I can't unlock it yet (right?) I don't even plan to open the box for a while, just in case

still works for me. but do not know if they will ship it

Default It's in its way
    Ok people,

I ordered the 3Gs 32 gig on Friday the 19th and I am expecting my phone by mail on the 25th. I got a tracking number from Fedex and it is being shipped from China!!!! What's up with that...I thought that this **** comes from CA?????????

I wonder if it is going to be and unlocked phone. If that is the case, then this would be amazing. This phone would sell for about $2000.00 on ebay if it is truly factory unlocked. But I doubt that this is the case. Anyhow, this hack worked so far and I will update u guys on Thursday.

It would be a wise idea if you all keep in on the hush hush for now because once a lot of people start ordering these phones, Apple is going to notice what's going on and will block this hack. So keep it on the down low....

I paid $700 + tax for this phone....that is a lot of money, but after owning the 1st Gen iPhone, then 2nd Gen iPhone, I became an iPhone junkie.

Ok...I just tried to do it again and the hack didn't work. Apple fixed this hack.
    Last edited by nameer_az; 06-23-2009 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It will not be an unlocked phone. It is unsubsidized, but still locked to AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by F450Mikey View Post
    I bought two for $299 each and they work with the SIM cards out of the 3G phones. I am an existing customer not eligible for the subsidized price. I did not sign any extension or new line contract nor did I give my SS number. My iTunes account had a phone synced to it so it went through hassle free. The receipt said with plan or something to that affect but I think that is a standard boiler plate email. In addition, one of the emails said you will get your new phone number shortly. I never gave my area code or preferences for a number. I think that too is a standard boiler plate email. What is the process for a new subscriber that purchases a phone from the Apple store online? I bet you have to go to an AT&T store to get the SIM activated and that is where the trap door is.

I am also an existing AT&T customer and just bought one black 32gb 3GS for $299 using the hack (thanks Mikey!)

The receipt DOES say "with AT&T rate plan." If they insist that I get a new number then I will just return it. Otherwise I'll just plug in my existing SIM. Will report back after i receive it.

that's my plan too stinky.

YEAH, keep us all updated....i have one saying it is shipped but i haven't checked tracking or contract. I think the best way is to just put in old sim card right?

Looks like this apple store hack to get unsubsidized iphones has been fixed.

Apple acknowledged my order. I really really hope it gets here before Friday! No tracking number yet..

Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    Looks like this apple store hack to get unsubsidized iphones has been fixed.
    Ignore my previous message. THis method still works.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast