Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Order Unsubsidized iPhone 3GS By Hacking Apple Online Store & Get it Delivered

just ordered mine and it's $699+tax. can anybody show me how to get it at $299 price? PM please!!

Got my confirmation email last night for the 299 price. Now waiting for it to ship. Cheers.

did you get the "with at&t rate plan" in your order confirmation?

Can someone send me a pm with the instructions?? I really want to get one for $300! Also...is it really without the plan??

also got that in the order status page. wonder if the plan comes with it?

YEp it says "With ATT Rate plan" on mine. So I think it is not much of a hack. Feel free to correct me on that.

but no plan was picked out by us and no ss# given. could they track it back through apple?

Quote Originally Posted by timdafweak View Post
    YEp it says "With ATT Rate plan" on mine. So I think it is not much of a hack. Feel free to correct me on that.
    It is risky!

Quote Originally Posted by crusai View Post
    It is risky!
    Why so?

Did anyone get their phones yet? Especially the ones who got it for the contract price...i'm just wondering whats packaged with it. I mean they cant force you to activate it right?

My confirmation email has arrived, and it says I'll have the phone between the 25th and 1st.

Has it stopped working then, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Alba-ny View Post
    My confirmation email has arrived, and it says I'll have the phone between the 25th and 1st.

Has it stopped working then, btw?
    when did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by ice_b0x View Post
    when did you order?
    Yesterday (Saturday) morning.

I am thinking to cancel it in the next few hours though, because I probably want the money for a macbook pro more than the new phone... I think. :/ *decisions!* I am just afraid my 2g is getting older and more likely to break, but ...the money, the money :P

ETA:
    I really think they changed it. Unless I am messing up now, I cannot see how to change things. Out of curiosity I wanted to see the results putting in the code from italy: MC132T/A... Would it have worked to get a factory unloceked phone? Would it just have raised the price. bah. Too late to see now :P
    Last edited by Alba-ny; 06-21-2009 at 08:40 PM.

i just tried your code on the Italian apple store and it still worked,

proof

i also would like to know of the loophole for obtaining the iphone at "contract price" is still valid, (*crosses fingers*)

Quote Originally Posted by Alba-ny View Post
    Yesterday (Saturday) morning.

ETA:
    I really think they changed it. Unless I am messing up now, I cannot see how to change things. Out of curiosity I wanted to see the results putting in the code from italy: MC132T/A... Would it have worked to get a factory unloceked phone? Would it just have raised the price. bah. Too late to see now :P
    I just tried it and the product code from Italy does not work. It gives me an error. I think you're just messing up because it's still working. I also used the US Apple Store too so that's probably why.
    Last edited by cheetahz; 06-21-2009 at 08:53 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cheetahz For This Useful Post:

Alba-ny (06-22-2009)

I just tried it in the italy apple store and it doesnt work...so yeah. Its not that they changed it. I just think that they dont have that much to go around. I bought a 3g and its shipping 6/23-6/25. My 3gs says the same thing as you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sinnerchrno For This Useful Post:

Alba-ny (06-22-2009)

i just noticed on the Italian apple store if you type in http://store.apple.com/it/product/(product number)

it works, though no picture is displayed or description when u add to cart is is the iphone you picked

for the black 32gb
    example
    iPhone 3G S 32GB Nero - Apple Store (Italia)

( i do not know if this was discovered already, just trying to help)

and also as stated by sinnerchrno and cheetahz the codes do not work on the US apple store

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IPHONEPLZZ For This Useful Post:

Alba-ny (06-22-2009)

Well, it would have been nice (factory unlocked,) but oh well.

I don't understand why it seems so hard now, when I did it yesterday just fine. The oly time I got part of it to work there was an error with the Italian code.

If you walk in to an Apple store will the really just sell a 3gs contract free, because they told me no at the Manhattan store the other day? I don't really want to cancel my order if it will be a huge hassle to get them to allow me later.

Quote Originally Posted by IPHONEPLZZ View Post
    i just noticed on the Italian apple store if you type in http://store.apple.com/it/product/(product number)

it works, though no picture is displayed or description when u add to cart is is the iphone you picked

for the black 32gb
    example
    iPhone 3G S 32GB Nero - Apple Store (Italia)

( i do not know if this was discovered already, just trying to help)

and also as stated by sinnerchrno and cheetahz the codes do not work on the US apple store
    There is no need to do it in the Italian store (unless it lowered the price, lol,) because you can buy them unlocked there. The train of thought I'd had was whether a factory unlocked phone could be ordered in the us by using the Italian code, but it can't.
    Last edited by Alba-ny; 06-21-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ah, well if that were the case once they saw an American address it would probably be red flagged anyways(unless you were going to do one of those middle man shipping situations), plus its still

599 Euros = 834.7065 U.S. dollars lol

its highly unlikely that the factory unlocked iphones will ever get int the same price range of the iphone's here

tbh if you wanted to get the cheapest price "legitimately" you could sign up as a new att customer, do you 1 month of service, pay eft and first month and cancel, i rounded and its about 595 if you get the 32gb and the cheapest plan they have ( this includes all applicable taxes), while it could be a pain , it does save you around 100 dollars from the unsubsidized iphones

So, in the US, has it worked?
    Could someone PM me instructions for changing the price...I'm going to try what I believe would be the easiest way...but would be most appreciative of someone helping me out.

Thanks!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast