+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T 3.0 Firmware MMS and Tethering Details

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cash7c3 MMS The reason AT&T is going to be slow on getting MMS provisioned for iPhones is laughable. To prevent MMS from working properly on iPhones AT&T
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    MMS
    The reason AT&T is going to be slow on getting MMS provisioned for iPhones is laughable. To prevent MMS from working properly on iPhones AT&T has added "Opt Out MMS codes" to iPhone accounts preventing MMS. Once the codes are taken off accounts MMS will work fine on the iPhone with 3.0 firmware at no additional cost -- it is included with the standard $20 SMS/data plan required for iPhones already. The catch is AT&T has to removed these Op Out MMS codes from every iPhone account manually. Hah.
    20 dollar sms/data plan required? Im a bit confused on that statement. As it stands i am paying 30 dollars for unlimited data, but I certainly don't have unlimited SMS. That for me is an additional 30 dollars...

So Im a bit curious to see how this pricing is going to pan out...

Hell, with the new push features, I might just convice everyone to buy Beejive and I.M. all my friends from here on out...
    Last edited by boe_dye; 06-11-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm also having the problem of updating the ipcc file using the Shift + Check for update. It only lets me see the ipsw files. How do I get it to see the ipcc file so I can update it?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ Which itunes are you using?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The new 8.2, I had trouble with the previous itunes version too when I had the 3.0 beta 5. I had to SSH the carrier bundles manually in beta 5, but I can't jailbreak this new gm 3.0 yet right?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

you have to use the itunes 8.2 prerelease

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    so if i have the reg itunes 8.2 update i wont be able to upgrade to the 3.0 on my mac?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Do u know the site where that can be downloaded?

Thanks

kinda curious about something...as I've previously stated, I currently have a RZR v9 contract with AT&T but use my sim in a 1st gen iphone and have SwirlyMMS working fine and has been for months...I recently did the upgrade and preordered my 3GS through the AT&T site, my SwirlyMMS still currently works now and they show on the order that they'll be sending me a new sim along with my 3GS...if I was to not use the new sim they send, wait for a jailbreak/activate, could I slip in my original sim Im currently using and have AT&T MMS functionality?
    Last edited by Late421; 06-13-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks
    No it won't be activated with your current sim. It will prolly say connect to iTunes. Once the jailbreak is released you'll be able to activate it that way.

Thanks

thats what i mean, i can continue to use my current sim in my current 1st gen iphone and then when the jailbreak/activation is released for my 3gs, jailbreak and activate the 3gs and use the sim im using now and my AT&T MMS will work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    $70 on top of the $30 we already pay?

no... that's only IF you want tethering enabled

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wow I hate this Apple/AT&T working together so much.

LAST YEAR there was an issue with who get get an iPhone 3G and AT&T told us that apple did this, but apple said it was AT&T's fault and we had to talk to too many AT&T and Apple representatives.

And now it's the same old thing. AT&T are blaming apple, and apple is blaming AT&T and it never ends.

Why does apple claim they have a good relationship with AT&T and that they want to continue to work with them which means possibly coming up with a new contract and staying with apple instead of going to other carriers. It doesn't seem like they get along.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclusivity = price gouging...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default wtf?
    Charging extra fees for tethering is ridiculous no matter what price you put on it. Tethering itself shouldn't cost money since its a feature natively supported by 3.0 software and most laptops/desktop computers, and only involves connecting iPhone via USB cable to a PC; "tethering" should come under the same unlimited data plan that AT&T already sticks its users with. It's like saying "well sure, you HAVE to pay $XX/month for UNLIMITED* data. *but we won't actually let you use it any way you want, and we're work our hardest to make sure that you donot really use it at all, if possible."
    Last edited by NessLookAlike; 06-16-2009 at 09:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PDANet works great if u jailbreak i never had a problem
    check it out at Junefabrics.com
    #7 for the 3GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyzekey View Post
    i been able to do the teathering and mms for awhile too
    Would you post your settings??

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    My mms work's it must have been fixed at some point in time.
    Check your settings and post them for us. We will try them and see if doing it fom the phoneś end, does the trick
    Last edited by lalp; 06-17-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    lalp
    Iphone 4G fan!

Thanks

any update on how to get MMS on the new 3.0 ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If i create a vpn tunnel and send all traffic, can i then tether without att noticing if i don't use too much bandwidth? I only really want to RDP to severs at work from my laptop while i am on the road...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default tmo settings
    Quote Originally Posted by lshin037 View Post
    I think you have to have the blackberry data plan but you didnt have to pay extra for the tethering.
    Depending on who you get at Tmobile (I work in the unsupported department... we'll tell you that you need to have the smart phone internet package for $24.99 because our towers now go off the IMEI number of the phone and if it is not a tmo imei well it won't work. this is why you get the "upgrade message" when you use the $9.99 unlimited web2go or the $5.99 tzone package with an iphone or any non-tmo phone.

BB plans are specifically designed for the blackberrys to go through RIM's network.

T-Mobile is the ONLY company that DOES NOT CHARGE EXTRA FOR TETHERING.

And for those of you wondering about the 3G... I'm sure you're all aware of this... T-Mobile uses AWS 1700Mhz/2100Mhz for their 3.5G network. for the phone does not haev AWS or the 1700Mhz freq it WILL NOT WORK on 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure if was in this thread but someone stated that back to my mac now worked for them with tethering. I had the same success. I was never able to log in remotely into my Time Capsule, but am able to easily with tethering. Strange.