+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Details and Video Ad of TomTom for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
it seems like g-map will destroy tomtom, now I really wish I had a 3g iphone or better yet a 3gs that is if its jailbreakable.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it seems like g-map will destroy tomtom, now I really wish I had a 3g iphone or better yet a 3gs that is if its jailbreakable.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    Hardly...TomTom has a lot of loyal followers and as usual Americans thinking inside the box, G-Map is US only, there is a whole world of sat-nav and iphone owners, TomTom is already well established in these markets.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will never depend on the iPhone for GPS. just buy a tom tom device. It's accurate and it gets you there. The iPhone will never replace my tomtom. Not in a few generations of iPhones.

Thanks

Why not? I've been using CoPilot on phones for nearly 5 years and it's every bit as accurate as a dedicated device. The iPhone's GPS loses signal to much but is as accurate as your dedicated device (the software does the correction).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecork View Post
    It was specifically said in the keynote that their nav-kit will keep the iphone charged.

And i would assume it will be like all other of tomtom's software, be it standalone or mobile/pda, it will work anywhere that you have purchased a map for. They have maps for most of the world these days. How it will work, whether there will be a different app for different countries or what i dont know. I suspect they may make the most of the new in-app purchase api, allowing people to go to their store and purchase new maps that way...
    Im pretty confident that the in-app purchasing would be the only way to do it. The only other way to do it would be to create a new app each and every time a new set of maps become available, and unless TomTom and Apple have some sort of a aggreement (can't see that being allowed due to 'favouritism', for lack of a better word), it would take a long time to do it this way as each app would have to go through the length review process.

Thanks

so when is this going to available? does anybody know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

damn so this doesnt work on the ihpone 2g??

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hnic247 View Post
    damn so this doesnt work on the ihpone 2g??
    You gotta have GPS functionality to use a GPS app....so no it wouldnt work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

forgive me for not reading through this thread. i have read enough crap for the last few days!

there is an app called navigon europe.
    despite the ok reviews i cannot even get a gps reading!!

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=726995]Navigon MobileNavigator Europe has arrived - Mac Forums[/ame]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Im pretty confident that the in-app purchasing would be the only way to do it. The only other way to do it would be to create a new app each and every time a new set of maps become available, and unless TomTom and Apple have some sort of a aggreement (can't see that being allowed due to 'favouritism', for lack of a better word), it would take a long time to do it this way as each app would have to go through the length review process.
    I was under the impression that 3.0 would feature add-ons for apps and you can choose to download specific ones. for example, like an update to the TT nav would be add-ons for different regions, and you pick which regions you would like to purchase.

Is this not gonna happen now?

Thanks

ok lets ask ones again,does anybody know when tomtom for iphone will be available?i really want it.att just came out with gps,but it is a rip off,$9.99 a moth,what are they thinking of,thats is just crazy.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the iPhone the first phone you've ever bought eatdirt1? Because $9.99/month for AT&T's Navigator has been the same price for every GPS-Enabled phone in AT&T for years. Crazy would have been any other price.

As for when TomTom's app is coming, pretty sure the only thing they've said is "Summer 2009". When exactly that is, who knows.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

And you can almost bet the TomTom app will run near or about $100 to buy...if its not a monthly subscription also.

Cause a map update for a TomTom GPS is $80 alone.

Thanks

Default Navigon rules
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    forgive me for not reading through this thread. i have read enough crap for the last few days!

there is an app called navigon europe.
    despite the ok reviews i cannot even get a gps reading!!

Navigon MobileNavigator Europe has arrived - Mac Forums
    well what can i say, NAVIGON is so great, i dont need that tom tom anymore LOL works just fine for me but it took me almoust all day to download ipa and transfer to iphone, and when you say you cant get GPS reading, maybe you are at home at the time? couse somehow when i am in a building, it says GPS signal not sufficient, but in the car - works just fine
    oh, i am looking fowar for that dock in thingy from tom tom i am holding it in my hand now LOL )

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123