+ Reply
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
3.0 chatter has been going on a while now (and is already jailbroken and officially has Cydia ready and released for it , you faithful hackery types), and WWDC marked
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

3.0 chatter has been going on a while now (and is already jailbroken and officially has Cydia ready and released for it, you faithful hackery types), and WWDC marked the official date announcement - June 17th (pf.edit, thanks guys - not the 19th). Developers were given out the gold master today - bye bye betas.

We've already been over most of the 3.0 improvements, and Apple tossed us a couple bones as well:
    • MMS supported from 29 carriers as of game day, although AT&T will get that to us "later this summer". Thanks, AT&T.
    • Safari has got some solid speed increases - JavaScript 3x faster, HTML 5 support, HTTP streaming a/v, and auto-fill (nice).
    • Tethering supported from 22 carriers. Of course AT&T won't be on that list, but are sure they'll get to it soon.
    • You can now RENT and PURCHASE movies from the iPhone through iTunes, including audiobooks.

iPod Touch users save your pennies - the upgrade will be free for iPhone users, but $9.95 for iPod Touch folks, same as 2.0 was.

gizmodo

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

ceresole (06-17-2009), DMI187 (06-14-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now, if you could just point me in the general direction of a download for iPod Touch 1G, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

i whish it comes out today

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

on the apple site it says available june 17th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

3.0 chatter has been going on a while now (and is already jailbroken and officially has Cydia ready and released for it, you faithful hackery types), and WWDC marked the official date announcement - June 19th. Developers were given out the gold master today - bye bye betas.

We've already been over most of the 3.0 improvements, and Apple tossed us a couple bones as well:
    • MMS supported from 29 carriers as of game day, although AT&T will get that to us "later this summer". Thanks, AT&T.
    • Safari has got some solid speed increases - JavaScript 3x faster, HTML 5 support, HTTP streaming a/v, and auto-fill (nice).
    • Tethering supported from 22 carriers. Of course AT&T won't be on that list, but are sure they'll get to it soon.
    • You can now RENT and PURCHASE movies from the iPhone through iTunes, including audiobooks.

iPod Touch users save your pennies - the upgrade will be free for iPhone users, but $9.95 for iPod Touch folks, same as 2.0 was.

gizmodo

woooooow!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will all the updates (tweaks) work on all previous models of the iphone? I have an 2G iphone. Will I get turn by turn gps?

Green Apple
    Thanks

i want the new iphone that is all i care lol

Thanks

^ Thats for the public release, sure, but the dev release, 3.0 GM, is being seeded today. Already there are a few people that have snagged the GM release and are uploading it to places and doing stuff with it, and supposedly it works fine with the current jailbreak methods, so no changes obviously needed at the moment, so its around here somewhere.. just have to wait..

Thanks

You think the developers will leak it to us?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    WWDC marked the official date announcement - June 19th.
    Should read June 17th.
    June the 19th is the release of 3Gs - the new hardware which is 2 days after the FW is released.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

ok so let me get this right ... when 3.0 comes out and is mms ready att wont be?

Thanks
    Is Apple fu***ng kidding me this iPhone is like waste ! wow it has a compass ! and now hightest technology a 3 mp camera oh my god no other company is going to beat that ! and the design its still plastic !! and i don´t even want to start talking about the nam !!!!
    i´still going to get because of my contract !! and because i´m a fanboy !! snowleopard is quite well done !! =)
    cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks

ding ding ding
    att fails again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Yay
    WTF? its the same thing just a compass? all the updates are software , and i got the "seceret" megaupload link , and does it work like to make calls and all that ? thnks DEVS!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jjh4ck3rs For This Useful Post:

aekhamsouk (06-08-2009)

Thanks
    and there is again no true GPS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon28 View Post
    and there is again no true GPS
    What do you mean? The 3G has GPS and if you mean proper SatNav then TomTom was shown.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rbisconti97's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone elses MMS not working on the GM? I have a iPhone 3g on AT&T. My MMS was working fine on beta 5 with the updated carrier settings, but fails every time now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexwrx View Post
    Well post the link
    Links are not allowed but if you happened to be on megaupload and had a clue such as **Blah**

Or just visit SBs site.
    Last edited by cpjr; 06-08-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks

do u still need to be a registered dev. or can everyone update the phone today?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

well im still excited.

i did some snooping around to check out pricing, because I became a little sketched out on the fine print at Apple's online store site on the bottom of the page. It says the following:
    Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB).
    Due to my high interest, I gave at&t a call, as well as apple. Both of them were unsure regarding upgrade prices. So instead, I went to Apple's online store again, and decided to "Pre-Order" the new iPhone 3GS. I entered my information, and I entered the phone number that had the eligible upgrade plan, and VIOLA; it said straight up right there; $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB. (Yes I am an existing AT&T customer, and YES I did upgrade my own line to iPhone 3G one year ago, thats why I am using another family members upgrade to upgrade my own phone, because my line is not yet eligible).

Hope this helps anybody else that was wondering the same thing!
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]