Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

anyone else notice the mms icon is gone?

GOLD MASTER = BETA 6

There. Now everyone will know. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL 3.0 VERSION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itb165 View Post
    anyone else notice the mms icon is gone?
    Mine still there. Everything else is still normal and functioning as it should. Definitely a little faster though opening and closing apps etc.
    Last edited by rufio; 06-08-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    Xenthor, are you sure that MMS will even work with T-Mobile? That's the feature I'm looking forward to as well, and I am also using an unlocked iPhone (although i'm using a 2g, not 3g).

Does anyone know if you need a data plan for mms? I know you don't on non-smartphones, but I'm not sure with the iPhone. I thought apple claimed that you send them through the text app, so maybe it sends it the same way that cheaper non-smartphones do
    To my knowledge, not sure. I haven't tried out any of the 3.0 beta's either so I'm not exactly sure how MMS works out on the iPhone.

I do believe it sends them through the text app though, but don't quote me on that, because with the "MMS" app for iPhone, you can also send video right?

Either way, unsure if it will work but with the proper settings applied, it just might, I don't see why not. What's funny is that T-Mobile even has a "Support" line for iPhone users now,

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufio View Post
    GOLD MASTER = BETA 6

There. Now everyone will know. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL 3.0 VERSION!!!

Mine still there. Everything else is still normal and functioning as it should. Definitely a little faster though opening and closing apps etc.
    im running on a 3g att iphone and i updated, im restoring now to see if anything is different.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this version available to jailbreak? I just installed iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw and have hidden icons i forgot to unhide with poof..

How do i fix?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

**EDIT CPJR - I didnt read the rules.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 06-08-2009 at 08:04 PM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^Not allowed. Google.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK. So I downloaded and installed the 3.0 GM release. I understood that due to the fact that I still have an original 2g iPhone that I would not get MMS or stereo bluetooth. However, I don't have a tethering option (bluetooth or USB) or the battery percentage option. Are these not currently enabled or are they something else that the original iPhones won't be able to get?

Default So cunfused!!
    okay,
    i know that the official release is next wednesday, but if i download the jailbroken one, would i be able to use my phone!

i only ask and am very timid because i downloaded some leaked beta of 3.0 and had to lie insanely to get apple to replace it.

in other words, will i need a developer license to use the cracked iPSW for 3.0???"

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Is this version available to jailbreak? I just installed iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw and have hidden icons i forgot to unhide with poof..

How do i fix?
    You run into the nearest wall as fast as you can and DONT STOP RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Quote Originally Posted by NiCKmatteis View Post
    okay,
    i know that the official release is next wednesday, but if i download the jailbroken one, would i be able to use my phone!

i only ask and am very timid because i downloaded some leaked beta of 3.0 and had to lie insanely to get apple to replace it.

in other words, will i need a developer license to use the cracked iPSW for 3.0???"
    You might want to read a few pages back first, but to answer your question quickly, apparently a few users have reported being able to install 3.0GM without having to be a "tester" which means, no activation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthor View Post
    To my knowledge, not sure. I haven't tried out any of the 3.0 beta's either so I'm not exactly sure how MMS works out on the iPhone.

I do believe it sends them through the text app though, but don't quote me on that, because with the "MMS" app for iPhone, you can also send video right?

Either way, unsure if it will work but with the proper settings applied, it just might, I don't see why not. What's funny is that T-Mobile even has a "Support" line for iPhone users now,
    I really hope mms will work, especially without a data plan. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hahahah and I know, T-Mobile is loving the fact that you can unlock the iphone, as their services are much cheaper (at least for me) than AT&T.

I was wondering if anyone is able to get the percentage for their battery working. I looked through the menus and it wasn't there. Perhaps it's not available until next week?

I think in order to restore hidden icons, you need to activate parental controls, then deactivate them.

Quote Originally Posted by keiffer6 View Post
    OK. So I downloaded and installed the 3.0 GM release. I understood that due to the fact that I still have an original 2g iPhone that I would not get MMS or stereo bluetooth. However, I don't have a tethering option (bluetooth or USB) or the battery percentage option. Are these not currently enabled or are they something else that the original iPhones won't be able to get?
    From how I understand it, all of that stuff will be enabled (if it is going to on the 2g) when the final release comes out not the gm.

I installed GM and now have no cam icon in messaging.. Blows...

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    I really hope mms will work, especially without a data plan. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hahahah and I know, T-Mobile is loving the fact that you can unlock the iphone, as their services are much cheaper (at least for me) than AT&T.
    Same here, either way, this is a step in the right direction. 2 year wait for a proper MMS is finally over,

Yeah haha, I was surprised to hear that they actually had specialized "iPhone Techs" lol. My girlfriend needed help getting her data plan working on her iPhone, and she said she called them and this guy guided her step by step on how to fix it, and here i was telling her that T-Mobile wouldn't touch an iPhone user, but hey more power to T-Mobile, haha. Now if picture messaging is indeed sent as a "text" message, then we're in luck. All we need would be to configure our iPhone's MMS options to match those of T-Mobile's servers, and we're set.. well in theory anyways, hopefully it'd be that easy. If not, you can always call a helpful T-Mobile iPhone Tech. hah.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Hard to believe that they would need to wait on the battery percentage. The tethering I guess I could understand that they are waiting on AT&T for something.

Thanks
    whats the diff between the beta5 and the 3.0 leak for the 2g iphone

Whats in Beta 5 thats not in GM?
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast