+ Reply
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
im trying to reserve one on the apple site but when i get to the final stage it says there is an error anyone else having this issue?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im trying to reserve one on the apple site but when i get to the final stage it says there is an error anyone else having this issue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry for the newbish question, but I recently jailbroke and am still kinda new to this.
    So Once quickpwn is able to jailbreak 3.0, what happens when we update to 3.0? Like how do we get all of the cydia apps and themes that we had on our phone before we upgraded to 3.0? Because I'm guessing the update would delete all of that? And I wouldn't want to have to re-download everything.
    Thanks.
    Oh and farfrommovin, I'm wondering the same thing.

Thanks

mine worked fine after upgrading network settings and then did a a network reset to get the camera icon on sms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jshdw1100 View Post
    Any news as to a Bluetooth upgrade? The iphone doesn't work with my truck's built-in system, but the blackberrys do. The iPhone did work at one time. I think it was 2.1. It stopped working with last update.
    Yeah, the bluetooth audio should work with your truck, depends on what system you have in your car though maybe. I have a ford with the microsuck sync in it, and with the 3.0 betas bluetooth was working just fine in my car. The lastest beta had some drops here and there, but it's nice to get in my car, turn it on, and it automatically starts playing my music, then I turn my car off and get out, and it automatically stops, I don't even have to take it out of my pocket! So if you have a sync I can verify it works, but I would assume it should work on any system that can take streamed bluetooth audio.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    mine worked fine after upgrading network settings and then did a a network reset to get the camera icon on sms
    MMs works the same as it did on beta 5..

Thanks

So does that mean its not working now?

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    MMs works the same as it did on beta 5..
    So does that means its NOT working now?
    Last edited by bretthartt; 06-08-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ant View Post
    Will all the updates (tweaks) work on all previous models of the iphone? I have an 2G iphone. Will I get turn by turn gps?
    Nope. You get screwed. I just updated to the gm and nothing changes from beta 5. You won't get any of the new stuff that they announced today based off of the gm.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm looking forward to 3.0 release but i am reluctant to upgrade as i have yellowsn0w on 2.2.1 with modem firmware downgraded to 02.28.00. I wish to keep the software unlock and was wondering if there will be a way of not upgrading the modem f/w when 3.0 is released (like using pwnage or custom firmware)? Cheers!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

wait i have to pay for effen upgrade for my itouch 2g?

Thanks

MMS icon gone in messages on 3g iphone, whats good with that?

Thanks

just upgraded..they call it a fancy name but in reality its just Beta6

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davshirley View Post
    I'll be happy to test this on a non-dev phone but it is a first generation iphone.

I have the 3.0 gm ipsw for the 3g but I need the iphone1,1_3.0 software.

If someone can PM me and turn me on to where to find it, I'll test it and post the results.
    Almost done updating my 1st gen iPhone. Will post back, my 3G is on the Dev list, but my 1st gen is not.

Thanks

This is some exciting news!

I'm just confused on one small thing, I'm still on 2.2 (5G77) and using yellowsn0w so I can use T-Mobile. If I were to update to 3.0 (Since I read that you do not need to part of the dev team to activate it as on prior beta releases). I'm assuming yellowsn0w would be gone, correct?

So in short, does this mean this is only for AT&T at the moment? I'm really anxious to update to 3.0 for MMS, but of course first I want to have a -working- T-Mobile service before I end up screwing myself over.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks
    I have a 2G iPhone that's just salivating for the 3.0 update.....

But is it gonna be unlockable???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthor View Post
    This is some exciting news!

I'm just confused on one small thing, I'm still on 2.2 (5G77) and using yellowsn0w so I can use T-Mobile. If I were to update to 3.0 (Since I read that you do not need to part of the dev team to activate it as on prior beta releases). I'm assuming yellowsn0w would be gone, correct?

So in short, does this mean this is only for AT&T at the moment? I'm really anxious to update to 3.0 for MMS, but of course first I want to have a -working- T-Mobile service before I end up screwing myself over.

Any help on this would be appreciated!
    The baseband is updated so yellowsn0w is broken. you will have to wait for the dev team to release something hopefully very quickly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MnVikingsFan26 For This Useful Post:

Xenthor (06-08-2009)

Thanks

Yes yellowsn0w would be gone. Right now I'm pretty set on not getting the new iphone, but possibly upgrading my 2G to a 3G and using a Gevey sim to unlock. If not, I might just go for 3.0 on my 2G if thats possible. :s

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unfaced View Post
    I have a 2G iPhone that's just salivating for the 3.0 update.....

But is it gonna be unlockable???
    It is still unlockable. I am on 3.0 right now and I have a 2G. the baseband is flashed on 3.0 so you can't restore. You need to hit the upgrade instead of the restore button if you want to update. If you do this however, you dont get the jailbreak and you phone needs to be unlocked prior to updating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MnVikingsFan26 View Post
    The baseband is updated so yellowsn0w is broken. you will have to wait for the dev team to release something hopefully very quickly.
    Really appreciate the quick reply, pity about the baseband update. It's almost bad that I want to update even if I'm screwed out of actually being able to use T-Mobile on my 3G right now. Haha, but I will wait. I waited 5 months for this, I think I can wait a week or two longer... I think.

Thanks

Xenthor, are you sure that MMS will even work with T-Mobile? That's the feature I'm looking forward to as well, and I am also using an unlocked iPhone (although i'm using a 2g, not 3g).

Does anyone know if you need a data plan for mms? I know you don't on non-smartphones, but I'm not sure with the iPhone. I thought apple claimed that you send them through the text app, so maybe it sends it the same way that cheaper non-smartphones do

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Works fine on my NON DEV account 1st gen for those wondering.

Now awaiting jailbreak to do my 3G