Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    Hi guys,
    i have a problem...Im running 3.0 on 3G phone but cant see MMS or tethering options.
    Is this means i need to install At&t ipcc bundle in order to see this features???
    Hi guys,
    i have a problem...Im unable to read a thread for more than one page.
    Is this mean i need to go back and read all this thread in order to find the answer???

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    REGARDING PUSH EMAIL AND THE IPHONE

Yahoo! Mail - Yes
    Gmail - No (it's like they have their own phone which can do push, but that'd be crazy. They would call it something stupid like G1 because any more letter/numbers and people wouldn't remember)
    Exchange Accounts - Yes

NOTE: The Pre (and Blackberries) CAN do Gmail push because when you add a mail account on those phones, you're giving their mail servers the info. These mail servers keep your mail accounts updated constantly and push any emails your way the second they receive something, regardless of who the email provider is.
    And a GMail account on your iPhone as an exchange account, like we can do now?

It was in this thread, about 4 or 5 pages back i think, some guy on O2 couldnt activate his iPhone after using the 3.0 GM build. But since my post some people have posted conflicting results so possibly not. My dad uses the simplicity tariff so when the jailbreaks available ill first try a simple restore for him and see if it works. Would be really bad if this where the case.

However, after restoring to the 3.0 GM build my iPhone restarted, booted to the Apple logo and then done the loading bar again real quick, then rebooted again. It definetly didnt do this on any 1.x or 2.x and im pretty sure it didnt do it for the betas? Is it just the .ipcc file being updated?

To the other guy who is using the 3.0 GM build, you wont need to downgrade to 2.2.1 on the 17th. If the build released is any different to this GM build, which i very much doubt it will be, then you will just need to update/restore straight to the new build.

And on a completely different note, my home buttons been broken for about 3 weeks and i replaced it today. try using 3.0 UNjailbroken with no home button. Every time i want to exit messages/phone book/ipod i have to restart the phone. Sux.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

So this works only for AT&T users right? not tmobile sim cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Hi guys,
    i have a problem...Im unable to read a thread for more than one page.
    Is this mean i need to go back and read all this thread in order to find the answer???
    I like your sense of humor man.... so true... so true

Okay I just bit the bullet and installed 3.0GM along with the .ipcc from SB's signature(thank you). Everything is great and like the person said earlier, I had SwirlyMMS for about 6 months working flawlessly, I installed the AT&T .ipcc and rebooted checked the message screen and had the camera. I took a picture and sent it as a test and it worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    And a GMail account on your iPhone as an exchange account, like we can do now?
    You can't do this. I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Ahhhh my bad,

Calendar & Contacts Sync : Set Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch - Mobile Help

doesn't include Mail, obviously, because that would hurt Apples MobileMe sales, and as Google and Apple stroke eachothers scrotums, this would not happen, would it?!

And after reading up a bit, IMAP still fetches, just 'syncs' the read messages when fetching aswell. Sux.

BUT, Yahoo supports push mail on iPhone and is free?
    Last edited by reeko; 06-10-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Suck it up, Sucker

okay another update, Everything seemed to be fine until I went to download an app from the appstore. I downloaded one app then all of a sudden it tells me cannot connect to itunes store. Im looking into it and will report back if I find a fix.

I took a leap of faith and installed 3.0 onto my 2g att jailbroken phone. Everything is great and working fine...and still jailbroken! Although I cant tether and no MMS :-( Anyway to get MMS without the whole removing of the simcard..ect? I have AT&T Carrier 5 Or is it true that MMS is not supported on the 2g iPhones. In that case...I must wait to buy a 3GS. I hope the prices arent true....$799 for a 32gb phone is INSANE!

EDIT:
    SWEET!! $299 to upgrade to a 32gb iPhone 3GS. Just went through Apple.com
    Last edited by RyKnOw11; 06-10-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Pricing Update

And on a completely different note, my home buttons been broken for about 3 weeks and i replaced it today. try using 3.0 UNjailbroken with no home button. Every time i want to exit messages/phone book/ipod i have to restart the phone. Sux.
    Maybe I'm overlooking something, but won't you need the home button to Jailbreak it? Don't you need to hold home for the jailbreak program to detect the iPhone?

Where can I get the iTunes beta version so i can load the .ipcc file on to my iPhone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lurxs View Post
    Maybe I'm overlooking something, but won't you need the home button to Jailbreak it? Don't you need to hold home for the jailbreak program to detect the iPhone?
    Exactly! Thats why i am so happy i managed to replace it today! With SBSettings there is a close app widget, ive been using that for ages. Restored to 3.0 and THEN remembered about the home button. Big d'oh. And didnt want the effort of downgrading.

Fixed now though

Suck it up, Sucker

Exactly! Thats why i am so happy i managed to replace it today! With SBSettings there is a close app widget, ive been using that for ages. Restored to 3.0 and THEN remembered about the home button. Big d'oh. And didnt want the effort of downgrading.

Fixed now though
    Oh my bad, I missed the part about you fixing it

Landscape keyboard for texting??????????!!!! (

ok i have a jailbroken 2g with tmobile, how can i upgrade please.... i have itunes 8.2 i have the 3.0 for 2g do i just need to upgrade???

Thanks

I would also donate! I wonder how the volume is gonna be on the new 3Gs iphones?? The only time I can really hear great with my phone, is by using my earpiece, if not, ugh! It sucks bad, can hardly hear crap!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Nevermind I found it. got the .ipcc installed and the MMS stuff shows up, but still cant send them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riddick1224 View Post
    Nevermind I found it. got the .ipcc installed and the MMS stuff shows up, but still cant send them.
    If you didn't have SwirlyMMS sending and receiving before the 3.0 update, then its still not going to work. AT&T has to enable it, good luck trying.

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    MMS works on my iphone 3G
    im on ROGERS in canada and i just tried it and it works! didnt have to change any settings or anything
    I'm on AT&T and my MMS works without changing anything also but I also had it working before with SwirlyMMS. That is why mine works.
    Last edited by dooley19; 06-10-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dooley19 View Post
    If you didn't have SwirlyMMS sending and receiving before the 3.0 update, then its still not going to work. AT&T has to enable it, good luck trying.

I'm on AT&T and my MMS works without changing anything also but I also had it working before with SwirlyMMS. That is why mine works.
    So you just installed the 3.0 GM and MMS was working?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ahhhh my bad,

Calendar & Contacts Sync : Set Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch - Mobile Help

doesn't include Mail, obviously, because that would hurt Apples MobileMe sales, and as Google and Apple stroke eachothers scrotums, this would not happen, would it?!

And after reading up a bit, IMAP still fetches, just 'syncs' the read messages when fetching aswell. Sux.

BUT, Yahoo supports push mail on iPhone and is free?
    yeah. i looked into all the gmail push thing and it doesnt work.

when you add the accounts under your settings on the phone it actually tells you the options for either fetch or push.

i have hotmail, gmail, yahoo and now a shiny new mobile me account and after looking through them only yahoo and mobile me have the push settings.

it was a pain to go to mobile me after having my hotmail for a good few years but after syncing everything and using idisk on my mac i think it's a great thing.

i can also stop paying for webspace from my other providers so it's not just a mail thing.

i'm not even bothered about the new phone, i'll wait another year no problem, especially if i have to sign a new contract in january and then be stuck with the 3gs until july 2011!!!!

anyone figured out how to use autofill yet??

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast