+ Reply
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
just bought my iphone 3GS. cant wait till june 19 to pick it up. All i did was sell my iphone 3G for $300 and bought the iphone 3GS from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

just bought my iphone 3GS. cant wait till june 19 to pick it up.
    All i did was sell my iphone 3G for $300 and bought the iphone 3GS from at&t store for $199 (using another family member's upgrade eligibility).

my actual eligibility opens back up by like january anyway so its not that far away.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

how do you send MMS with 3.0? I've got the 3.0 GM installed, and in the messaging there's no way to tack on a picture? or am i missing something?

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey my brother has a iphone 2g unlocked with tmobile. will he be able to upgrade to the official 3.0 and keep the unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

I installed the 3.0 version on my iPhone 2G which runs on Etisalat in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Although, my carrier is supported and network is showing as connected (and receiving calls), i am unable to activate the phone i.e my iPhone is on the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

Anyone have any suggestion as to how i can activate my 2G iPhone on the 3.0 firmware?

Thank you all for your time and help in advance.

Regards.

Thanks

Unless your phone is on an official network you can't activate the 2G without pwnage - and as this is not available for FW3.0 it can not be activated.

If the phone is locked to Etisalat and that's who's SIM you are using then it should activate, if it doesn't I suggest you contact them and ask why.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Confucious,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I'm using an old 2G AT&T iPhone that i unlocked to use with Etisalat here in Dubai. Surprisingly, the network is connected which i'm assuming means that there was no change to the baseband. However, without being able to officially activate it, i'm now stuck on the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

Although Etisalat is officially supported, i haven't actually bought this phone from them which is probably why i am getting this error. I guess i'll just have to wait for Quickpwn to support the 3.0 GM.

Thanks again for your help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    GMail does support push email? Both as a standard mail account under IMAP and as an exchange account?

Someone is also getting the unsupported SIM error with an O2 sim card, which is massive news. It looks like the iPhone is actually checking whether you have an iPhone SIM card then because on 2.x ANY O2 sim card would activate the phone.

Bad times
    ok, few conflicting reports on the push mail thing.
    how do you actually know if it is supported? one guy says gmail is , the other says no.
    how do we actually tell if it is working?
    i'm not saying you know nothing reeko, just where are you getting your info so i can have a look and work it out for myself and my account settings etc.

whats this about o2 also?

i'm on o2 in the uk on a proper iphone contract and alls fine here on 3.0.

what is the problem you are talking about?

thanks reeko.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    GOLD MASTER MEANS FINAL AND READY TO BE COPIED/SENT EVERYWHERE STOP SAYING IT'S A BETA. IT'S WHAT EVERY 3GS WILL HAVE WHEN SOLD NEXT WEEK AND IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING THAT WILL BE THROWN THROUGH iTUNES AS AN UPDATE HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BE SO DUMB

Do you have the settings app at least? If you do, go to settings -> general -> restrictions and turn camera (and anything else that's hidden) off and on.
    will this also fix missing icons for non native apps (nimbuzz, skype etc.) which were in categories before upgrade??
    i have the same problem and am now using vanilla 3.0 gm (not with my settings) so that i can atleast see the apps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maverickweb5 View Post
    Although Etisalat is officially supported, i haven't actually bought this phone from them which is probably why i am getting this error. I guess i'll just have to wait for Quickpwn to support the 3.0 GM.

Thanks again for your help.
    The unlock remains - the activation doesn't. If you have a SIM from whoever the phone is locked to you can put it in to activate the phone and then put the phone in flight mode everytime you connect to iTunes to stop it recognising a different SIM - if you can't do that, either downgrade or just wait for the official quickpwn after FW3.0 is officially released.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

mmm i have the 3.0 os non dev account wonder if i should update or not xD

Green Apple Girrelephant Master's Avatar
    Thanks

As a registered developer I decided that I would take a shot at the GM Build...as it turns out I mantained access to my filesystem...think back to how we used to have to jailbreak from 1.1.2...

Though I di have fully access and control of the entire filesysystem, it was not a true jailbreak...yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok was going to make a thread on this but i didnt know where to post it maybe a mod can move it

these are just guesses or speculations: how long do u think it will take the dev-team to yellowsn0w the 4.26.08 baseband in 3.0 and in the meantime anyone buy a piggyback sim from unlockiphone30.net? does it work i emailed them and they claim it works with 3.0 beta 1-5 which is baseband 4.20.01-4.26.08

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The unlock remains - the activation doesn't. If you have a SIM from whoever the phone is locked to you can put it in to activate the phone and then put the phone in flight mode everytime you connect to iTunes to stop it recognising a different SIM - if you can't do that, either downgrade or just wait for the official quickpwn after FW3.0 is officially released.
    The phone was originally locked to AT&T when i was on their network an year ago. Although i do have the SIM, i don't think it will work anymore as i am not subscribed to their service anymore.

Regards.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I said it before in another post, they re-negged on the mms with the beta 5 release because they just couldn't get it right in time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    GMail does support push email? Both as a standard mail account under IMAP and as an exchange account?

Someone is also getting the unsupported SIM error with an O2 sim card, which is massive news. It looks like the iPhone is actually checking whether you have an iPhone SIM card then because on 2.x ANY O2 sim card would activate the phone.

Bad times
    I am on O2 UK simplicity sim and have installed 3.0 (7A341)modem firmware (04.26.08), I have used MMS and all other manner of goodies. So I don't see where this comes from. I even rang O2 and asked if I bought a iphone off ebay and used my O2 sim, would it be a problem for them and the answer was "No it wouldn't" and that was answered by the people at O2 who deal with iphones

Question: As stated above I have 3.0 (7A341) modem fw (04.26.08), no yellowsn0w needed, thanks to confucious. On the 17th June, I was going to to do the following:

Plug iphone in
    Using latest version of iTunes (which is already installed)
    Shift/restore back to 2.1.1 or do I just click resto
    Once restored, upgrade to 3.0

I assume even with the restore the fw version woud change but the BB would remain as 04.26.08, I am taking it as this would not cause me a problem as I do not use yellowsn0w?
    Last edited by newyork0900; 06-10-2009 at 07:20 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

no it should not be a problem to you newyork900.

i have a problem myself i have update to 3.0 my iPhone was not locked but when it is recognized in itunes it says the sim card is not supported, and i cant exactly ring up apple and say 'hey i upgraded early can you help me'. i have rang my carrier which is Optus in Australia and they said it is most likely an issue with Apples hardware blah blah.
    Last edited by luksoccer; 06-10-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PMad View Post
    how do you send MMS with 3.0? I've got the 3.0 GM installed, and in the messaging there's no way to tack on a picture? or am i missing something?
    When you are sending a text there is a little camera circle beside the text box on the left just above the keyboard

then it asks you to take a picture or use saved photo and voila. done.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

REGARDING PUSH EMAIL AND THE IPHONE

Yahoo! Mail - Yes
    Gmail - No (it's like they have their own phone which can do push, but that'd be crazy. They would call it something stupid like G1 because any more letter/numbers and people wouldn't remember)
    Exchange Accounts - Yes

NOTE: The Pre (and Blackberries) CAN do Gmail push because when you add a mail account on those phones, you're giving their mail servers the info. These mail servers keep your mail accounts updated constantly and push any emails your way the second they receive something, regardless of who the email provider is.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,735 Times in 4,447 Posts

Hi guys,
    i have a problem...Im running 3.0 on 3G phone but cant see MMS or tethering options.
    Is this means i need to install At&t ipcc bundle in order to see this features???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've searched this thread, but too many pages...cant seem to find an answer.

I have a first gen iPhone, running the latest (non-beta) firmware, AT&T, and jailbroken. I have iTunes 8.2 and 3.0 downloaded onto my computer.

I'm trying to figure out if I intall the GM 3.0 onto my iPhone.....will I have full use of it afterwards? Access to my homepage..ect. I've read hear that some 1st gen users can only access the 'Emergency Call Screen'. or is that only for T-Moble users? BTW I do not have a Dev account