+ Reply
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
why would 3.0 GM brick anyones phone when it was released for the developers to do some additional testing. i doubt apple would want to brick developers iphones. nice scare
    iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

why would 3.0 GM brick anyones phone when it was released for the developers to do some additional testing. i doubt apple would want to brick developers iphones. nice scare tactic though. it got me thinking LOL by the way anyone still having problems with visual voicemail should just do a network setting reset. i did that and all was well for me at least.
    Last edited by salayyad; 06-09-2009 at 11:09 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to salayyad For This Useful Post:

xwinger (06-09-2009)

Thanks

dang i thought you could jailbreak this. and now i cant downgrade. i guess ill be on 3.0 for the next few days unjailbroken

at least i have my 2G ipod touch as backup for playing games

anyways im very happy with 3.0 so far, landscape texting is the best
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks

who the hell spread this rumor that you cant downgrade? i restored to 3.0 on accident, need to update. so i restored back to 2.2.1, unlocked it then i upgraded to 3.0. so i cant see why u wont be able to go back down after doing an update. it worked fine after i did a restore to 3.0.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacDevil7334's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I am not sure if a restore will help you but I always do it going to a new FW. Its nice to get rid of any lingering files or mods that may be left behind from 2.2.1. You can restore from backup with you choose to try the restore
    Thanks for the input. I don't have any mods left over since I gave up jailbreaking some months ago (just decided I preferred the speed and no hassle of stock firmware). On the other hand, it has been ages since I did a restore (since I'm not tinkering around anymore), so it probably couldn't hurt either.

Does anyone else have a thought on this question?

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes i restore and set up iphone as new instead of from back up. seems to get rid of all traces of mods and gives you a real fresh start.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I restored and set mine up as a new phone and then set up all my sync settings again and it's been great!

First I updated and it was good but not great.
    Then I tried restoring and then using a back-up to restore, it was faster.
    Then I completely restored and set up as a brand new phone...It runs so fast now and there is 0 bugs that I've found.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ I agree

Thanks

just got my iPod Touch 2g on 3.0!
    but it's not jailbroken
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soto806 For This Useful Post:

Revenger92 (06-10-2009)

Thanks

^ Sweet. Hopefully the jailbreak will be done soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

iName (06-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did the 3.0 GM update to my unlocked iphone 2g, everything seems to work except for edge on Tmobile. It says (could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service) I put in the old settings. Is there new settings for the 3.0?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    who the hell spread this rumor that you cant downgrade? i restored to 3.0 on accident, need to update. so i restored back to 2.2.1, unlocked it then i upgraded to 3.0. so i cant see why u wont be able to go back down after doing an update. it worked fine after i did a restore to 3.0.
    I also downgraded last night without problems.
    I got 3.0GM 2G and installed it then tried to jailbreak using 3.0B5 version of quickpwn and it didnt work so I put it in DFU mode and restored 2.2.1 and jailbreaked it without any problems.

I have a notebook with itunes 8.1 and my PC with itunes 8.2 so I will always have a way to downgrade/upgrade and jailbreak.

I might dualboot this PC with Windows and hackintoch just in case I need a mac to jailbreak 3.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    well it gave me an error 2 times in a row and at midnight on a school night im not gonna try that hard to downgrade when theres not really much point
    Circa 2008

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Late421 View Post
    has anyone seen the 3.0 upgrade for the 1st gen ipod touch anywhere, has it been leaked as well?
    Yes
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I also downgraded last night without problems.
    I got 3.0GM 2G and installed it then tried to jailbreak using 3.0B5 version of quickpwn and it didnt work so I put it in DFU mode and restored 2.2.1 and jailbreaked it without any problems.

I have a notebook with itunes 8.1 and my PC with itunes 8.2 so I will always have a way to downgrade/upgrade and jailbreak.

I might dualboot this PC with Windows and hackintoch just in case I need a mac to jailbreak 3.0
    LMMFAO @ your signature

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

al_3 (06-10-2009)

Thanks

MMS works on my iphone 3G
    im on ROGERS in canada and i just tried it and it works! didnt have to change any settings or anything
    Circa 2008

Thanks

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight? If I buy the new 3gs iphone that is coming out June 19th, will I be able to unlock it and jailbreak it? I am with t-mobile, and I'm not sure what I did to my iphone, maybe dropped it, (again) but, I messed up the screen a tiny bit on the bottom corner, maybe the pixels or something, but, it looks like a tiny little blank spot, in the same place. Anyway, it seems to have ran a little bit, and not affecting the phone in any way, but, it's just annoying me, and I have the iphone that first came out, so been wanting a new one anyways. Just wanna make sure I can unlock it and jailbreak it if I get one, if not, well it won't be any good to me!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

GMail does support push email? Both as a standard mail account under IMAP and as an exchange account?

Someone is also getting the unsupported SIM error with an O2 sim card, which is massive news. It looks like the iPhone is actually checking whether you have an iPhone SIM card then because on 2.x ANY O2 sim card would activate the phone.

Bad times
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Ok, so let me see if I have this straight? If I buy the new 3gs iphone that is coming out June 19th, will I be able to unlock it and jailbreak it? I am with t-mobile, and I'm not sure what I did to my iphone, maybe dropped it, (again) but, I messed up the screen a tiny bit on the bottom corner, maybe the pixels or something, but, it looks like a tiny little blank spot, in the same place. Anyway, it seems to have ran a little bit, and not affecting the phone in any way, but, it's just annoying me, and I have the iphone that first came out, so been wanting a new one anyways. Just wanna make sure I can unlock it and jailbreak it if I get one, if not, well it won't be any good to me!
    No! The 3Gs is new hardware so will *probably* need a whole new jailbreak which could take months - and that's just for jailbreak, who knows about unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    GMail does support push email? Both as a standard mail account under IMAP and as an exchange account?
    I have a GMail account and Push is not an option, it is on my Exchange account and Yahoo account but not GMail or hotmail

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Someone is also getting the unsupported SIM error with an O2 sim card, which is massive news. It looks like the iPhone is actually checking whether you have an iPhone SIM card then because on 2.x ANY O2 sim card would activate the phone.

Bad times
    Not seen this - source? Could it be on 3.0 beta activated with a different SIM through quickpwn? If we take it on face value it is bad news
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (06-10-2009)

Thanks

3gs may be awhile for jailbreak. I know a lot of the members don't want to or can't fork over the cash for the 3gs. It may be slow going because of that. We should chip in and buy a phone to donate to them. I will throw down $40.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (06-10-2009)