Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrunious View Post
    so i have a dev account and did the update but the build that's on the dev site is the same as the beta build from a few weeks ago. 7a341 is the one i downloaded in may and the same yesterday. it still feels slow on the phone/glitchy. anyone else have this issue or notice same build?
    Beta 5 was 7A312

GM Seed is 7A341

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does the newest version of itunes 8.2 allow the shift+click option to load a different carrier bundle? If not, does anyone have the 8.2b7 itunes download for PC? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is a question that I have not seen an answer to. Will the 3.0 GM seed have an expiration date? If I install it on all of the devices that have beta 5 on them now, will I have to upgrade them to the final release 3.0 after the 17th? I already upgraded my main device to the GM seed.

Does beta 5 expire on June 19th?

Quote Originally Posted by iCory19 View Post
    Does the newest version of itunes 8.2 allow the shift+click option to load a different carrier bundle? If not, does anyone have the 8.2b7 itunes download for PC? Thanks
    I heard Apple fixed the thing where you can shift-click to restore/update to whatever firmware you like on iTunes 8.2, but not on the beta. Also, 8.2 changes the way your computer talks to your device and it prevents a jailbreak somehow.

Anyway, I would recommend you use iTunes 8.2 beta:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

and only upgrade to the full iTunes 8.2 if the Dev Team says to or if the 3.0 jailbreak requires it.

EDIT: sorry, misread the post. The only thing you can modify by shift-clicking is your firmware.
    I don't know much about carrier bundles because I live in Canada and am using Rogers, which already supports MMS on the iPhone. (but I haven't tried it out yet.)
    Last edited by austin5678; 06-09-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Ok Iv run into a problem now, im trying to go back to 2.2.1 but everyone iv downloaded doesnt contain the actually firmware, iv tried like 6 different ones, all I got is these files... "Restore, kernelcache.release, 018-4451-16.dmg, 018-4443-16.dmg, 018-4437-16.dmg" and this folders... "Firmware & .fseventsd" No firmware file :S

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhey2k5 View Post
    Ok Iv run into a problem now, im trying to go back to 2.2.1 but everyone iv downloaded doesnt contain the actually firmware, iv tried like 6 different ones, all I got is these files... "Restore, kernelcache.release, 018-4451-16.dmg, 018-4443-16.dmg, 018-4437-16.dmg" and this folders... "Firmware & .fseventsd" No firmware file :S
    Dont download using safari, using firefox instead

Quote Originally Posted by jhey2k5 View Post
    iPhone 2G 2.2.1 Firmware:

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iPhone 2g 2.2.1

iPhone 3G 2.2.1 Firmware:

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iPhone 3g 2.2.1

Both of these .ipsw firmwares are from the MMi site, just go to Downloads (at the top of this site) > Firmware > and choose your device.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to austin5678 For This Useful Post:

jhey2k5 (06-09-2009)

I did do that, which is really strange

i installed the GM file on my 3g . I also installed .ipcc at&t file and got the features for tethering and MMS. How do i make it work. I had my boy from at&t add it to my account and i've rebooted my phone several times and still nothing???

Figured out it, had to name the .zip to .ipsw

i got tethering to work on mine, btw do they charge you for that?? How do i make MMS work, i can't even send SMS messages!

can someone please help me send out MMS, SMS what ever!!
    Last edited by audi20fsi; 06-09-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well ill try out GM and see how that works out eh?

This is so funny:

gold master is NOT BETA x.

You can get it from SB's site.

You need iTunes 8.2

You do NOT need a dev account

Get the ispw file, plug in iphone, shift + restore select new f/w.

If the new f/w has a .zip at the end of it... Delete .zip before proceeding.

You will be able to Jailbreak, if not now then soon.

Push service is provided or not provided by whomever handles your email service. Yahoo by itself does not. Verizon Yahoo does.

Hotmail keeps me up to date on the latest penis enhancement products too. We've come along way since the vaccuum pump...

MMS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY AT&T until the end of summer. Just in time for school, and a whole new generation of sexters...

Now...

Is there anyway to turn off the 'search page'? Does it really have a practical use? Are there that many people with cluttered pages that they cant find certain things?

Also, i did a full restore, why did i retain the supreme prefs mod, as well as all my blank icons?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to boe_dye For This Useful Post:

Junior2377 (06-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by austin5678 View Post
    I heard Apple fixed the thing where you can shift-click to restore/update to whatever firmware you like on iTunes 8.2, but not on the beta. Also, 8.2 changes the way your computer talks to your device and it prevents a jailbreak somehow.

Anyway, I would recommend you use iTunes 8.2 beta:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

and only upgrade to the full iTunes 8.2 if the Dev Team says to or if the 3.0 jailbreak requires it.

EDIT: sorry, misread the post. The only thing you can modify by shift-clicking is your firmware.
    I don't know much about carrier bundles because I live in Canada and am using Rogers, which already supports MMS on the iPhone. (but I haven't tried it out yet.)
    hmmm but what if i already have 8.2? It says itunes library.itl cannot be read because of newer yadayadayada...

is it just me that 8.2 won't shift click? wtf....
    Last edited by chickdigger802; 06-09-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
    hmmm but what if i already have 8.2? It says itunes library.itl cannot be read because of newer yadayadayada...
    Ahh I had the same problem, go to "CUsers\UrName\Music\iTunes" and delete the iTunes Library.itl file and reload iTunes

(But if u got XP or somthing I cant remember it too much but I think its "\My Documents\Music\" maybe

so what you guys are saying that the att.ipcc file won;'t do anything till at&t allows MMS on the iphone. I'm currently using the GM firmware, tethering works no SMS, or MMS. SOMEONE HELP!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no internet at all, it keeps tellimg me that (could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service. some please help me fix this or go back to 2.2.1. I have the 3.0GM

Guys, it's really really easy for AT&T to see if you're tethering. Now that they're actually coming with an official solution, be VERY CAREFUL if you choose to hack/edit your way.

Has anyone successfully gotten MMS to work on this new GM UPDATE????

can i restore a iphone on another computer? Then 'backup' it back on my original?

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast