Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 June 17th. Or Today.

The 3G is OK if you are on an official carrier and don't want to downgrade. The 2G is OK but you cannot jailbreak so you can';t activate without an AT&T SIM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

If we get our hands on an AT&T sim just long enough to activate it, can we stick the T-Mobile sim back in and be fully working?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Until you try and synch with iTunes and get the 'unsupported SIM' message...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Someone jump in and help me out here...

1. MMS shipped out with the 3.0 GM but AT&T users can't even access it in the options menu anymore? OS users can?...

2. For the best effect a fresh install is needed? (Don't us previous settings or anything?

3. Has anyone on anyone found anything that wasn't in Beta5?

Thanks

if we synced it with the AT+T sim in.... then took it out for the T-Mobile??
    would it be fine?

So long as you put the AT&T SIM in every time you want to synch I don't see why not.

It's a lot easier to just wait for the official jailbreak though...

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    if we synced it with the AT+T sim in.... then took it out for the T-Mobile??
    would it be fine?
    no there is a baseband update unlock will not work and there probably wont be an unlock for the next 4-6 months or so, its a painstaking process im sure.

as for unsupported sim message to bypass this if u want to have 3.0 on ur phone anyway like me and wait for turbosim unlock, get an att sim to activate then whenever u want to sync turn airplane mode on then plug it in, it will sync

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    no there is a baseband update unlock will not work and there probably wont be an unlock for the next 4-6 months or so, its a painstaking process im sure.

as for unsupported sim message to bypass this if u want to have 3.0 on ur phone anyway like me and wait for turbosim unlock, get an att sim to activate then whenever u want to sync turn airplane mode on then plug it in, it will sync
    Ive got a 2G, so I should remain unlocked. I dont think there is a baseband update for it.

BUT

The airplane mode sounds like a good idea.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How safe is it to install this? I'm with o2 so don't need to unlock or anything.

Is it going to stop me from downloading the 3.0 that's released next week (if it's different)

Quote Originally Posted by iCory19 View Post
    Ugh, I dont know why I am having a problem. I downloaded a version from SB and The megaupload and both download as a folder and when I try to change the file name it doesnt change to the .ipsw. I am running on a Mac. Anyone know?

It is OK to download with Safari. The file you are downloading is .ipsw.zip and by default safari decompresses zip files and moves them to the trash. Quick tutorial;
    1. Open your trash
    2.Arrange by date created
    3.Top one should be the .ipsw.zip (provided you just downloaded it)
    4.Move it to the desktop (or anywhere)
    5.Go to the 'get-info' area (right click) and then delete the .zip so that it is just .ipsw
    6.It may ask you to confirm the filename switch, click yes
    7.Option restore in iTunes and navigate to that file.

Hope it helps!

So I have a 3G iPhone and I updated to 3.0 last night. I am on AT&T and everything seems to works just fine except I see nothing on MMS on my phone. Are others having this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ AT&T is not support MMS yet

The amount of people that don't know/understand what a Gold Master is terrifies me.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

reeko (06-09-2009), tattoojack (06-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ AT&T is not support MMS yet
    Well I knew that. I watched the WWDC yesterday. I just figured with the update it would at least still have the settings and buttons in the phone.

Most of them didn't understand what 'beta' was either.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like it is time to drop my 8gb and 16gb onto eBay so I can buy 2 32gig phones. I am glad I kept the phones unlocked. I had a feeling I would have to pay out the butt for the new ones.

you know... it's kinda funny.

The day I got my iPhone about a year ago, I went to the AT&T Store, signed up, got my phone, had about 2 minutes of charge, called my wife while she was at work, said I got my iPhone and I wont be available for a while because I am going to be sitting in front of my computer modding it...

I made a 2 minute phone call, and then spent the next 4 hours tweaking.

SO.

For no other reason then "Because", I am upgrading everything just to play with a completely unmodded iPhone. I figure, 3.0... Why Not? Sure I will lose my theme, and some of my custom sounds. But I want to see how the other side lives if only for a little bit.

Like going on vacation for a week :-)

oh god... it just finished as I was typing this...

Thank You SB for putting this up!
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Thanks

^^ I am about to do the same! 32GB is the best part of the new phone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

boe_dye (06-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Hmmm that doesn't sound too bad as it's 10(~$20) a month now for unlimited data and access to wifi hotspots around UK. So you'd be only paying an extra 4 a month, right?
    But I already have unlimited data and access to the hot spots !!

All I want to do is check email and browse the web on the bigger screen of my laptop, I'm not paying again! for the same acces I have already, albeit on a small iphone screen.

Does anyone know if PDAnet is OK with 3.0?

Thanks

^ it does not work yet

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast