+ Reply
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 432

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by carlbgc So the 'S' stands for 'Same'? It could also stand for Sike! (psych!), So What We're Lazy or S*** Dude, if you look at the trailer
...
  1. #81
    Green Apple Du Blex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    So the 'S' stands for 'Same'?
    It could also stand for Sike! (psych!), So What We're Lazy or S***
    Dude, if you look at the trailer over at engadget for the new device, you can hear the secret agent saying "wha? its the same?". Apple is definitely mocking us... hahaaha
    ALL THEY DO IS DRINK, SMOKE DOPE, AND TELL JOKES TO THE OLD FOLKS

  2. #82
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    453
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    So the 'S' stands for 'Same'?
    Lol another good one.

  3. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    To those who are calling us current 3G owners whiners about the upgrade pricing...

    You may have forgotten that some of us "early adopters" paid around $600+tax for the original 8GB iPhone just weeks before the price was dropped dramatically...with Apple sticking the middle finger in our face with a $100 "apple store gift card" which we could use to buy DECENT headphones that fit into a recessed headphone jack (thanks, yah jerks). Sure, they didn't have to give us the $100 gift card (which would have been nice if it worked on iTunes) but it was still a f-you move dropping the price so much, so quickly.

    I upgraded to a 3G almost a year later for $299 for the 16GB model, again, this was a modest upgrade with just a faster wireless chip (no enhanced camera, a new case that was prone to more problems ie, cracking, smudging, MELTING, etc.).

    So now I've paid close to $1,000 now and would happily drop another $300 on a 3GS...especially considering the upgrades to this device are similar to the upgrade from 8GB (1st gen) to 16GB (2nd Gen, 3G)....faster 3G chip (which AT&T won't even SUPPORT YET!!! if you read the fine print it says 'later this year in certain areas"), enhanced camera, same **** design, oh, and a compass. as for video, I've got Cycorder thank you very much.

    And no, I won't be paying the upgrade price. It's not insulting, but I'd be a total wanker to drop that kind of cash for another modest upgrade.

  4. #84
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 111 Times in 60 Posts

    haha 3GSame. That's great.

  5. #85
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    To those who are calling us current 3G owners whiners about the upgrade pricing...

    You may have forgotten that some of us "early adopters" paid around $600+tax for the original 8GB iPhone just weeks before the price was dropped dramatically...with Apple sticking the middle finger in our face with a $100 "apple store gift card" which we could use to buy DECENT headphones that fit into a recessed headphone jack (thanks, yah jerks). Sure, they didn't have to give us the $100 gift card (which would have been nice if it worked on iTunes) but it was still a f-you move dropping the price so much, so quickly.

    I upgraded to a 3G almost a year later for $299 for the 16GB model, again, this was a modest upgrade with just a faster wireless chip (no enhanced camera, a new case that was prone to more problems ie, cracking, smudging, MELTING, etc.).

    So now I've paid close to $1,000 now and would happily drop another $300 on a 3GS...especially considering the upgrades to this device are similar to the upgrade from 8GB (1st gen) to 16GB (2nd Gen, 3G)....faster 3G chip (which AT&T won't even SUPPORT YET!!! if you read the fine print it says 'later this year in certain areas"), enhanced camera, same **** design, oh, and a compass. as for video, I've got Cycorder thank you very much.

    And no, I won't be paying the upgrade price. It's not insulting, but I'd be a total wanker to drop that kind of cash for another modest upgrade.
    I hate complainers like you. NOBODY said you have to buy this new phone, NOBODY! You are the one who bought the 3G, if you did not buy it in the first place, you wouldn't of spent more money. Instead, you would of just paid the price for the original iPhone. This is a very good upgrade in my opinion and might not live up to your expectations, so if doesn`t DON`T BUY IT.
    Last edited by Brandon; 06-08-2009 at 03:23 PM.

  6. #86
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    haha 3GSame. That's great.
    What were you expecting? Holographic games? It would do your dishes for you? Sprout wings and fly? It is and always will be a touchscreen phone with a camera.

    Once people get a better idea of whats really going on under the hood, no doubt stupid **** like this will disappear. Currently crossing my fingers for double CPU speed/RAM size/RAM speed etc!

  7. #87
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 111 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I hate complainers like you. NOBODY said you have to buy this new phone, NOBODY! You are the one who bought the 3G, if you did not buy it in the first place, you wouldn't of spent more money. Instead, you would of just paid the price for the original iPhone. This is a very good upgrade in my opinion and might not live up to your expectations, so if doesn`t DON`T BUY IT.
    Irony and hypocrisy go hand-in-hand. You're complaining about his opinion because it differs from your own. Clown. His opinion that the upgrade doesn't justify the cost is sound, as is your opinion that it's worth it, because it all boils down to personal choice and what matters more to each individual.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

    Caleb_Soccer_Star (06-08-2009), jamesgunaca (06-08-2009)

  9. #88
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts

    well, I think everyone has a rite to complain as this is a bogus upgrade. All hype. I'm glad tho as I didn't wanna upgrade to another 18months. Oh yes I can afford, but it really not worth it. 3GS-ucka

  10. #89
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    3G + 3.0 + JAILBREAK = Apple Just Saved me from spending my money.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buckmaster For This Useful Post:

    BkrGrlMphs (06-08-2009)

  12. #90
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 48 Times in 30 Posts

    Edit to be nice....


    I paid the same amount you did, well including $213.00 more because I was a nimrod and dropped my 3g in the toilette....

    Yes it sucks, yes I wish those that did plunk down their hard earned $ could get a better price, how about a loyalty price? I just called up ATT and asked why they won't support a service that every other smart phone has that Apple finally decided to put on their phone on June 17th when I can actually use it (mms) and they said they need time to make sure it works properly...... Well Ill have to decide on July 17th if it's worth staying with you as my mobile provider.... The new phone is a huge let down, ATT service is a huge let down, but it't the let down of my choosing.
    Last edited by rkswat; 06-08-2009 at 03:47 PM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

    scottvalentine (06-08-2009)

  14. #91
    iPhoneaholic LSZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killeen, Texas, United States
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts

    On apple's website i'm getting 2 different sets of prices. For my 3G which I upgraded last year from a 2G, it says

    As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. You may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade on 03/12/2010.
    $299.00* — 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
    $399.00* — 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
    $499.00* — 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

    and for my wife's 3G which I paid full price for at launch it says

    We can offer you an iPhone at the full retail price. On 07/12/2009, you may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade.
    $499.00* — 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
    $599.00* — 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
    $699.00* — 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

    This is rediculous! We have loyalty towards their product & services but they can't show it in return? They have us by the balls because they know most of us won't leave At&T or the iphone!

  15. #92
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I hate complainers like you. NOBODY said you have to buy this new phone, NOBODY! You are the one who bought the 3G, if you did not buy it in the first place, you wouldn't of spent more money. Instead, you would of just paid the price for the original iPhone. This is a very good upgrade in my opinion and might not live up to your expectations, so if doesn`t DON`T BUY IT.
    relax man, no need to hate me! Just simply pointing out that some of us have put down a lot of cash on the iPhone (not to mention apps, etc. that are all more revenue for Apple).

    I think I could have been quite a bit more whiney and used a crap load more !!!!poitns that would have warranted your hatred.

    we're just talking about cell phones here so please relax.

    when I can get a 3GS 32GB for $299 you bet I'm going to drop that cash. and will happily do so. I just wish things were more clear. An explanation for why I could buy a 3G 16GB for $299 after 12 months on a two-year contract, but not a 3GS 32GB for $299 after 12 months on a two-year contract would be welcomed.

  16. #93
    Green Apple corradoking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrabYourWeapons View Post
    [*]REQUIRES a new 2 year agreement for those prices. Upgrading AT&T users will pay $599 for the 16GBor $699 for the 32GB, even if you're replacing an iPhone 3G.

    LAME!! :-( Guess I won't be getting one. That's too expensive!
    Im with this guy! This sucks...

  17. #94
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Irony and hypocrisy go hand-in-hand. You're complaining about his opinion because it differs from your own. Clown. His opinion that the upgrade doesn't justify the cost is sound, as is your opinion that it's worth it, because it all boils down to personal choice and what matters more to each individual.
    What do you expect Apple to do? Release a new phone that is cheaper then the existing phone? First off all, with new features, comes cost. Second of all, APPLE IS A COMPANY, it needs to make profit. They don't care whether or not people who have older versions of their phones... IT DOESN'T MATTER! What do you expect them to do, say "Existing customers, we will offer this iPhone for $100, we will also loose profit off of you!". Even if they said that, customers who don't have an existing phone will say, "HEY! Why do they get that price for it!". Use your brain, Apple won't lower costs because people like you always want a new phone. It's economically impossible, of course you don't know that though..

    I am not fighting, just stating my point. No offense to people who I replied to in conversations.

  18. #95
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts

    NessLookalike
    U r a bit dumb me thinks. Don't b sarcastic. For what I use iPhone for I dnt need more power, not everyone does. I just wanted to feel I had something fresh

  19. #96
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    I agree with those saying that this was a bit of a let down but really the difference between the original iphone and the iphone 3G was about the same if not less. For many people the 3G speeds don;t even apply as they don't live in a 3G area, so the only real difference was the shell and the GPS (which without a turn by turn out at the time was kinda crappy)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  20. #97
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    apple dissapoints! the iphone HAD a good run. was the first of its kind. apple dont know how to listen to its consumers. hence a downfall waiting to happen. apple you should had listen. now there are other mobile companies integrating touchscreen technology on there cellphone AND ARE LISTENING TO THEIR CONSUMERS..... its time to go back to nokia. the n97 does look nice hehe. or maybe the pre(does it operate with a sim? i wonder)

  21. #98
    iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    i hate stupid apple. this is just like them, they release the exact same product except they make it shiny and give it a new look. but in this case they didnt. they just simply made it run faster and gave it an S after the 3G. very disappointing. this is the same product i have. i guess i wont upgrade my current iphone 3G. ill just wait another year.

  22. #99
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    NessLookalike
    U r a bit dumb me thinks. Don't b sarcastic. For what I use iPhone for I dnt need more power, not everyone does. I just wanted to feel I had something fresh
    I don't need criticism from a guy that can't spell or understand what better hardware specs mean for app-intensive device.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NessLookAlike For This Useful Post:

    MetallicaFan1991 (06-08-2009), treble26 (06-08-2009)

  24. #100
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,356
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Damn there are some stupid people here. It says the pricing clearly and has been repeated many times. Anyone here who thinks they have to pay $599 for an iphone SHOULD pay $599 for an iPhone. It outta be a law.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts