Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I don't disagree that it's much faster, and can run games better, etc. I'm just saying it's not worth me paying the 400$ for a new 16gb version, when I have a perfectly good 3G.
    If I had to pay $400 to upgrade to the 3GS from a 3G I wouldn't either. The difference is very noticeable, but not $400 worth.

I upgraded to the 3GS from the 3G for $175 so it wasn't too much. Plus my 3G was a little beat up having a fairly large scratch on the front above the home button was annoying.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, see, if I could for 200 I would.. unfortunately my upgrade price is more.

As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. You may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade on 03/27/2010.

* $299.00* — 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
    * $399.00* — 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
    * $499.00* — 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

@IvanPk

Look at it like this. You still have a 3G which is a great phone and can be jailbroken where as the 3GS can't yet. Also in a year when Apple releases the next phone and all the people who bought the 3GS won't be able to upgrade and you will.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I don't disagree that it's much faster, and can run games better, etc. I'm just saying it's not worth me paying the 400$ for a new 16gb version, when I have a perfectly good 3G.
    If you're happy with the 3G, there's absolutely no reason to get the 3Gs. I know I'm skipping the 3Gs and sticking with the 3G for now. If the option comes up that I could get the new one for a bit cheaper, I would switch in a heartbeat though.

So yeah, I won't go out of my way to get one, but I wouldn't mind having one. That said, dismissing it because it's costly isn't a smart thing to do. Developers are drooling at what they can do now with this phone.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

The advantage of getting one now is that it should be able to be JB and unlocked using UltraSn0w. Waiting might mean it can't be unlocked as Apple will almost certainly issue a BB upgrade soon.
    If I had a 2G I don't think I would hesitate in upgrading but as I have a 3G and have to pay full price I won't bother. I'm very happy with the 3G - even though I know the 3GS is better
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I sold my 3g on the bay last night for $350... have apt at Apple store tmr at 0900 to pick up a 3gs. Picking up a 16g (have all my crap on my 16g now with 4gigs to go so no need for a 32g) and making $150 off the deal. My wife is due for upgrade in March of 2010 so when the next one comes out next June Ill get it for upgrade price My brother has my first gen i but his wife doesn't want him to keep iPhone... To much $$... So Ill most likely upgrade my wife to 3gs then and give her 3g to my mother in law.... How is it that my wife and I are the only ones that pay for a freakin iPhone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Just a feeling from reading this thread, a lot of people really don't understand how much of a jump the iPhone 3G S did in comparison from the 2G->3G.

It's a game changer.
    Agreed. I have friends who says its not worth the change but for me I think is worth it. iPhone itself is already powerful, a faster processor with more ram and more flash memory is just the sehx; on top of that so much more featuresssss.

Thanks

I got the 3GS the day it came out then the next day sold my black 8gig 3G for $325 and only paid $199 for my new one.

Default General Discussion
    Hi,
    Well all the features in Blackberry mobile phone are very good and can be satisfied upon them and the best way is security system.

I am gonna get my iphone 3GS unlocked phone from Buy Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Black Unlocked GSM Cellular Phone, Apple Cell Phones for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela John View Post
    I am gonna get my iphone 3GS unlocked phone from Buy Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Black Unlocked GSM Cellular Phone, Apple Cell Phones for a good price.
    Just had a quick look - seems to be a well known site.

Try code 'discusswireless' for a 5% discount - not sure if it's still valid.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

i remember reading this and waiting

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122