Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

^ 3G and 3GS are exact same size. any 3G case will fit.

to add- im going to get in line early friday morning. dont have at&t but have been wanting iphone for awhile.
    seems like a great time to join

Here it is

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPpWHkAz0cI&feature=channel]YouTube - NOVO IPHONE 3GS - New iPhone 3GS - Mydock.com.br -[/ame]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    EDIT: There's some chatter in the thread about AT&T actually offering iPhone upgrades at a lower price than quoted in this article. Upon checking out the AT&T website, it looks like the $349 and $299 upgrade prices are for the CURRENT iPhone 3G, NOT the 3GS - AT&T does NOT have the iPhone 3GS listed on their site yet (June 8, 11:45PM EST). HOWEVER, if you log in through Apple's website, they ARE offering existing users a lower price (see below graphic) of $399.00 for the 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white) and $499.00 for the 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white) on renewals (plus an $18 upgrade price).
    Actually when I log into My AT&T account and go to the upgrade page and click my phone to upgrade, it takes me to the phone sale page with the upgrade prices and it tells me my price for the new 3g S in $199 and $299

Quote Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post
    If any 3G owners want to upgrade to 3G S for a lot cheaper offer than $699 or even $499 and you can deal with a diifrent phone number, all you have to do is buy a new 3G S and cancel your 3G contract. It cost $175 minus $5 every month you have your plan. I just had a samsung and needed somthing better for work but I still had seventeen months left on my contract so i bought a blackberry on a seperate, single plan for $299 instead of $649 got it activated at the store then went home and canceled my contract for my samsung. ATT was pissed I did that so they wouldn't switch my number. It's still more than $299, but for a faster 32GB iphone i would pay $419 after 11 months. And yes, I have a crackberry and an iPhone. Something to think about if ya really want it!!!
    Even cheaper in California because here it is illegal for them to charge you for early termination
    Last edited by mooser; 06-16-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Has anyone tried to order from Apple or AT&T and got this message?

"Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will ship 7 to 14 days after your order is placed. Orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.

The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.

Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability. Your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Has anyone tried to order from Apple or AT&T and got this message?

"Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will ship 7 to 14 days after your order is placed. Orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.

The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.

Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability. Your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped.
    "
    Try this thread - they all talk about ordering online and show screenshots, so maybe one can relate to yours or you should just post there
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...-tomorrow.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ahhh, the 3G S. I've been debating on whether or not to upgrade my 3G even though I just got it in January. I'd LOVE to be able to send image files through text (something that SHOULD have been implemented from the get-go) and I'd love the compass. I'm thinking the new auto focus feature in the camera would be cool, too...

But $600 for a 32GB? Puh-lease. I was told that I could trade in my current 3G for a discount, but I seriously doubt it would be enough to warrant this purchase. Unless, of course, the exchange would make the S free.
    Fave Games:
    Fieldrunners, Flight Control

Currently playing:
    Flight Control, Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles

E cigarette anyone?

Talking iphone 3G-S
    I have it, I have it, and its fantastic....... Absolutely love it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well igot a 3gs 32 gb today its nice a goo upgrade from my 16gb first gen,and to all of you do as i did ,i bought it straight up full price with no contracts for 799$ (im in canada)since i already ran an unlock 1st gen i just kept the same sim and it is unlocked fido so it wasnt a problem no need to hook up to a contract anyhow i got a good price for the 1st gen on ebay 350$ usd which was a good kick back on the price i had to pay for the new one ,at the end it only costed me 450$ which aint that bad for the 32gb.

Got my 3GS today from Apple. I upgraded from my 2 yr old 4GB 2G to 16 GB 3GS. I love the SPEED. Just want my ringtones back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well iphone ringtonemaker works well and will allow you to reupload the ringtones to your phone.

yaY!!!
    1.1.3 JAIlbrken

ATT locked

Summerboard help

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Wow what a depressing event... was really looking forward to a frontal camera.

It looks almost exactly the same? No hardware spec's either?
    You'll have to wait for the iPhone MS ( MySpace Edition) for all your self picture taking needs.

what a waste of money
    1.1.3 JAIlbrken

ATT locked

Summerboard help

Will absolutely love to see the same people dismissing the 3G S a couple of months from now complaining about the amazing new games that only run on the 3G S extremely superior hardware in comparison to the now humble 3G.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Will absolutely love to see the same people dismissing the 3G S a couple of months from now complaining about the amazing new games that only run on the 3G S extremely superior hardware in comparison to the now humble 3G.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by L3G4L1Z3 View Post
    What?
    Just a feeling from reading this thread, a lot of people really don't understand how much of a jump the iPhone 3G S did in comparison from the 2G->3G.

It's a game changer.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Just a feeling from reading this thread, a lot of people really don't understand how much of a jump the iPhone 3G S did in comparison from the 2G->3G.

It's a game changer.
    Sorry I forgot how to read for a second. I have to agree with you too. I had a iPhone 3G then upgraded to the 3GS and gave my mom the 3G, but before that I was doing a speed test to compare them. I opened every application I had and the 3GS was always faster. But the real difference is when you open games that make the iPhone work. Playing games like NFSU and Katamari on the 3GS is amazing compared to the 3G. The loading times are amazingly fast and the framerate is awesome. I'm talking to Zod now about getting the PSX4iPhone and I'll probably uploading some videos on YouTube showing how well it runs FF7.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't disagree that it's much faster, and can run games better, etc. I'm just saying it's not worth me paying the 400$ for a new 16gb version, when I have a perfectly good 3G.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast