+ Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yea, I am going to throw mine on craigs in a few months. Don't sell it too early because everyone is selling theirs and will cause prices to fall
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea, I am going to throw mine on craigs in a few months. Don't sell it too early because everyone is selling theirs and will cause prices to fall

Green Apple
    Thanks

please some moderator find my post from ages ago where i told everyone that "an iphone a year" would DESTROY all possibality of the iphone changing from year to year, like i said they ARE with holding technologies from this years model for next years model, and they will keep doing it. Apple is ******* stupid anymore, yeah sure its an iphone but please, PLEASE look at the other options and you will see apple was indeed first, but the way thier company works now-a-days has put them last. Apple has NEVER realy done anything truly inovative with there small devices IE iphone, ipod. When it comes down to it, TO THE CORE, all apple does is take current technologies. Hell even semi old tech and put them together in a pretty package, hype the hell out of it, and sell it for top dollar. MORE OVER they never tell you when the new one is going to come out, so they can fleese you twice by keeping YOU the consumer out of the loop. So look here boys, bide your time and when the next gen phones come out, get away from apple..because the "iphone a year" trend has officaly put the nail in the coffin for inovation HELL they couldnt even change the name LOL 3g.....sssss for sucker if you buy it...UNLESSSSS you didnt have a 3g in the first place, although i would still recommend waiting on the better stuff from other companies...yeahp apple sucks anymore its offical

Thanks

^ Sure thing, I will get right on that

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

I was having problems with apples website and ordering a 3gs, but I had no problem ordering it from AT&T's site. They promised no upgrade fee, FED-EX overnight shipping and that it would arrive by June 19th.

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

wasnt the video feature available for the 3g. would there be a way to get that to work or is cycorder the only option.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If I know someone that is eligible but does care between 3G and 3GS, is it a simple matter of swapping sim cards if I purchase the 3GS under their contract and give them my mint condition 3G for free?
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who's gonna buy it day 1, then cancel the AT&T contract on day 31?
    (after the 30-day period, and some $500 dollars on the phone, activation, plan, cancellation, blah blah blah)

But does AT&T keeps the phone after the 30-day?

I was thinking of doing it, and then wait for the iphone-dev-team to do their thing.....

Pretty soon there will be TurboSims on ebay for the new iPhone 3GS

Green Apple
    Thanks
    IN CAPS TO GET EVERYONE'S ATTENTION

I JUST CHECKED ON ATT'S WEBSITE, AND I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE 3GS AT THE 199 AND 299 PRICE POINTS, THIS IS BECAUSE I HAD A 2G FROM THE TIME IT CAME OUT, MY SISTER AND FATHER HOWEVER HAVE TO PAY THE HIGHER PRICE POINT FOR AN UPGRADE, SO I GUESS I LUCK OUT

Just wanted let everyone know, so the main post can be modified, i can post pics if wanted

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's yours once it passes 30 days, I asked that specific question. Actually, what I asked was: Is there some kind of special clause with the iphone that it has to be more than 30 days before we can cancel and only pay the early term fee. I told her exactly what I wanted to do. Have my mom sign up, get the new one at 299 (32 gig), wait 30 days...cancel pay early term fee, switch sim from mine into 32 gig...sell mine to pay early term fee. she said that was an option and no phone is different. anything under 30 days you have to give it back, anything over 30 days you keep. hope this helps

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brahby For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-09-2009), carlitos287 (06-09-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao. I've never took an iPhone contract out. Bought the iPhone 2G back in Jan 2008 from O2 without a contract, took it home and unlocked it instead of going on contract through iTunes. Never got the 3G.
    Now time to get the 3GS.

Ps. iPhone's soooo laggy when I was posting this.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My current 3G phone with 3.0 once jailbroken will be just as good as the GS IMO. For once I'll skip this one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent revolt View Post
    please some moderator find my post from ages ago where i told everyone that "an iphone a year" would DESTROY all possibality of the iphone changing from year to year, like i said they ARE with holding technologies from this years model for next years model, and they will keep doing it. Apple is ******* stupid anymore, yeah sure its an iphone but please, PLEASE look at the other options and you will see apple was indeed first, but the way thier company works now-a-days has put them last. Apple has NEVER realy done anything truly inovative with there small devices IE iphone, ipod. When it comes down to it, TO THE CORE, all apple does is take current technologies. Hell even semi old tech and put them together in a pretty package, hype the hell out of it, and sell it for top dollar. MORE OVER they never tell you when the new one is going to come out, so they can fleese you twice by keeping YOU the consumer out of the loop. So look here boys, bide your time and when the next gen phones come out, get away from apple..because the "iphone a year" trend has officaly put the nail in the coffin for inovation HELL they couldnt even change the name LOL 3g.....sssss for sucker if you buy it...UNLESSSSS you didnt have a 3g in the first place, although i would still recommend waiting on the better stuff from other companies...yeahp apple sucks anymore its offical
    Start HERE. Yes, MMi does have standard search functionality! I just with it had a way to do threaded egosearches with persistent URLs so I wouldn't have to create a new session search result page wach time I need to follow up on my posts (subscribing to threads by default OVERWHELMS inboxes with popular threads!).

Thanks

I think apple has messed up this summer....
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

Thanks

I think the S stands for Sucks @ss

Thanks

I think apple has messed up this summer....
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

Thanks

^ I will agree with you again

Thanks

In the UK you don't get the 32Gb for free unless you sign up for a 2 year contract(who'd do that?) at 74/month - on all other contracts you actually have to pay for the phone.

Tehering is going to set you back 14/month on top of your contract but MMS are taken at the rate of 1MMS=4SMS from your plan.

Think I'll just stick with my 3G on T-Mobile where I get tethering included in my 20/ month.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    In the UK you don't get the 32Gb for free unless you sign up for a 2 year contract(who'd do that?) at 74/month - on all other contracts you actually have to pay for the phone.

Tehering is going to set you back 14/month on top of your contract but MMS are taken at the rate of 1MMS=4SMS from your plan.

Think I'll just stick with my 3G on T-Mobile where I get tethering included in my 20/ month.
    Once again, I don't feel like getting ripped off.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a bunch of monkeys running the show with Jobs recovering....

I watched the Guided Tour and I'm psyched. The 19th can't come soon enough!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol why is everybody so negative
    It has everything I wanted! 'm gonna upgrade from my good old 2G :P
    Are there really people who use a front-facing camera?
    Actually what is the use of it?
    It's fun for a while but nothing more in my opinion..

Only thing I understand is with those contracts, but since I live in Belgium where it is sold unlocked that's not a problem to me