+ Reply
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW: iPhone 3GS - The S is for Speed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Does anyone wonder if thats it? Like if they would wait till the last day to announce a better or different iphone. Because isn't steve jobs suppose to come back
    iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone wonder if thats it? Like if they would wait till the last day to announce a better or different iphone. Because isn't steve jobs suppose to come back soon? and if they are waiting till he comes back to announce it? i dont know maybe just wishfull thinking i guess! i just expected more, as well as i think everyone else did too! I dont see this one selling nearly as much! o well!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Meh, nothing to special for me. I was looking for a few more details but whatever...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I wonder if we will be able to purchase the 3 megapixel camera after market and install into our 3g phones?? Just a cool thought. The camera for me would be the only reason for upgrading to the 3Gsh*t phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aekhamsouk View Post
    F-off!! apple! and att are a bunch of asshats!!

the "new" iphone is crap!

i'm up for a new two year, but don't think i will be upgrading regardless. good thing i picked up a 3g on refurb will they still had them!

can somebody say jailbreak + tmobile?

been jailbroke/unlocked with T-Mobile USA since day one baby!! swirly and cycorder owns any kind of 300 500 or 700 whatever the hell you guys finally agree the price is... upgrade If you live in the US i strongly suggest buying second hand and having the chinese kid down the block jailbreak/unlock it and slap any sim card in there except att...

/rant

Thanks

This is what happens when Papa' Jobs is not around Cupertino apple starts turning the whole pie upside down...till they tos it to the garbage can. Just like back in the late 90's

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol @ all the people who were popping a woody and buying into all the rumors.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I read the 3GS has a 835MHz processor up from the 3G's 620MHz. That's about a 25% increase for roughly the same price. That and we get a much nicer camera, video recording, voice dialing and music search, and a compass (which alone is stupid but seems pretty darn handy for the new gps apps coming out). Not to mention a top end 32GB unit. This to me is far more upgrades than the 3G had over the original, where the 3G offered the same memory, an added 3G antenna for faster network speeds, and assisted GPS. Really I don't see why so many people are so upset. The price stayed the same as what we paid last year.

If it is the no upgrade price that has everyone hot and bothered, just get rid of your contract (pay the cancellation fee which should be less than $150 at this point), sell your old unit on eBay (I just got $930 for mine with a couple cases on eBay) and buy the new one. You probably stand to MAKE money on the deal if you just take an extra 30 min of your time to do things right. Really, no other company gives yearly discounts for buying new handsets just because a new and better one came out. Why should ATT? Don't get me wrong, I think ATT does plenty of things far less than perfectly but I don't really see this as one of them.

Let us also consider that the 3G was given to you at a SUBSIDIZED price, whereas the regular iPhone didn't. It made sense for ATT to give you a break on the 3G if you were upgrading from the iPhone. In fact, they should have given a FULL new service pricing on the units seeing as how they lost nothing on the retail price of the iPhone unit. That and you almost had to be INSANE to have purchased an iPhone at 500 bucks and then signed a 2 year ATT contract when for a quarter of your ATT service charges you could get the same services (minus visual voicemail, but who cares) from TMO.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

This upgrade probably isnt targeted at 3g owners its for new customers n 1st generation owners whos contracts are about to expire...... Theyll be getting a good upgrade while now being basically on par with current 3g owners... Next year 3g owners contracts will be expiring and dont be surprised if apple makes a drastic improvement on the phone....... Its all about the dollar in the end
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Thanks

very glad I waited and never upgraded/purchased a 3g, partly because at the time I had no 3g coverage where I live...now there is 3g coverage here and I'll be happily upgrading to a 3GS at the discounted price..very pleased although I was expecting a bit more then what was presented today....anyone know where I can view the video of Apple's WWDC keynote??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    as long as they can crack cycorder so you can get videos onto the computer and eventually send them using mms .... whenever thats available .. mid summer then ill be fine

Thanks

im sick of apple screwing over their most loyal customers. first it was the original iphone in dropping the price the first month, now this. everyone who has an iphone 3g is screwed into paying at least 499? pathetic apple, never again will i purchase i product made by you. hello palm pre

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Late421 View Post
    very glad I waited and never upgraded/purchased a 3g, partly because at the time I had no 3g coverage where I live...now there is 3g coverage here and I'll be happily upgrading to a 3GS at the discounted price..very pleased although I was expecting a bit more then what was presented today....anyone know where I can view the video of Apple's WWDC keynote??

Apple - QuickTime - Apple WWDC Keynote Address

"Always remember your special and unique!"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

Late421 (06-09-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its not true , i called AT&t today if You a costumer for more then 2 years and You have iphone for more then 18 months , You can upgrade for 200$ less .

Green Apple
    Thanks
    All i have to say is for those of you who want to give the middle finger to apple/att then download a little program called **********!

^
    LOL NM!
    Last edited by yoshi9769; 06-08-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading on MacRumors and people are doing the same thing as in this thread..... I am going to watch Apples stocks and see what happens.....

What a crazy day! Everyones hopes were crushed, and all of the excitement was not so good for many.... today let many people down....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Reading on MacRumors and people are doing the same thing as in this thread..... I am going to watch Apples stocks and see what happens.....

What a crazy day! Everyones hopes were crushed, and all of the excitement was not so good for many.... today let many people down....

Yeah, your deffinatley right everyones hopes were crushed.
    Alot of people are very upset or disappointed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elsgk2 View Post
    I bet now all those jailbroken 3G's are gonna be hot items on ebay. I'd keep that 3G if you were thinking of selling it
    Anyone on the planet can jailbreak a 3G, it's the unlocked ones that are worth the money.

Je5
    Thanks

Wow everyone has issues with the new iPhone but who cares you dont have to buy it people...let other people buy it who have never had one...Also with the rumors...that is what they are until Apple says its true why do people believe all of those dumb rumors...come on....that is how you dont get let down...
    Dont be that guy..!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just do get it , what is the problem ?, the iphone have so many new stuff , good ones : 3mp camera video editing , its faster and bigger , what the hell more do You need ?? :P:P:P , GOLD IPHONE ??

try nokia N-series or Motorola , see ow bad the doing

Thanks
    Well their goes my hopes. I figured they would keep the phone the same so they don't have to change their manufacturing setup which would have cost them more money. "slap a bigger hard drive in that thing and roll 'em out!"...