Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jonesin' for some copy/paste? iCopy's gotcha covered.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Jonesin' for some copy/paste? iCopy's gotcha covered.

Ya'll have been grumblin for copy/paste for ages now, and iCopy has come to the rescue.

So far its only working in Safari, but a VERY useful start! The author has a launch thread right here on MMi, and you can visit his site via your iPhone to install the app.

Looking forward to where this goes as development continues...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

loco_dos (03-11-2008), meberra (03-22-2008)

Alright!!! Its here! Thanks going right now to install it.

Default Its a start...
    It's ok but it is a little bit of a hassle. I want a native app that on any screen if activated you can choose the section you want copied then go to where you want it pasted and tap the area you want it pasted and hit paste and there you have it. This is extremely limited because it is only on the internet and it is a little confusing. Its a start but I wanna be able to copy text from anywhere, not just the internet.

Yes a bit of a hassle, but its better than we've had before. Its definitely a great start and it certainly accomplishes one thing I've been wanting which is to easily e-mail someone a link to a webpage so for that it works great.

Thanks

Very nice indeed. Since this is all Javascript, maybe someone could "Jiggy" it up to use with other apps?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Man I Love seeing the advancement of the iphone and what it and its users are capable of! I saying "What will they think of next?" is never going to get old. LoL
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

very very primitive..mildly useful... might be quicker just to type it all out...jeez

Thanks
    dang this is so nice i even posted and I never do, such great things are coming out, good job for the devs and programmers

Quote Originally Posted by bioslug View Post
    very very primitive..mildly useful... might be quicker just to type it all out...jeez
    Not to be a jerk, but if you're serious then don't use it or make one yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bioslug View Post
    yea i totally agree with you
    its great and all but it only useful in some instances
    which i don't really don't know why types of instances i can use it but
    if i wanted to copy a lot of text its pretty good.

lmao that was the longest line every to edit the http haha great job though!

Well, it's a start...

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

i just wish apple would add copy/paste, mms, flash.. bahhhh!!! nice app though.

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    i just wish apple would add copy/paste, mms, flash.. bahhhh!!! nice app though.
    If i had a dollar for every time i read these 'wishes'.
    I'd be as rich as Mr.Jobs himself.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

dame ppl are really gay about this. How about some props?, it's def is a great add to my iphone apps. Good job.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to IntenseMX For This Useful Post:

JackTheTripper (04-02-2008)

can someone please explain how to install and use this app! I don't understand the inteuctions on the release page. Thanks

Nice, thanks for the work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

As I said in the other thread, horrible interface, excellent app. Potential is there for this to be the app of the year if he hammers out the workings of the app. From what he said in the thread he started here, he's focusing on small bugs and trying to make it where you can copy single words, rather than working on the interface, so I suggest another developer pick this one up and run with it as we can have a good working interface that works for us.

Props for the development though, he's sitting on a monster if he'll polish it up.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

OK, I have a decent idea. Much in the same way that the dock and capture programs work, this program could be quite well with an interface that is less painful. Using the script at hand for the current dock or capture programs, if the interface floated or could be brought up by using something like a flick of the mute switch, this would make the app quite interesting as long as it removed all the back and forth here and there to get this done.

Flips the switch and the program comes up in safari. Do something and it copies, do something and it pastes. as long as it is based on buttons already available. Just get creative.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast