Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iTunes 8.2, Jailbreakers beware

Quote Originally Posted by dmlcoch View Post
    I accidentally updated and have not found any instructions on how to un-do what I've done on a PC. Any suggestions?
    i had the same problem.,
    i uninstalled itunes 8.2 and found here Free iTunes Download itunes 8.1 and downloaded it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xrisis For This Useful Post:

austin5678 (06-02-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I agree, you all won't have to worry if you just don't upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by xrisis View Post
    i had the same problem.,
    i uninstalled itunes 8.2 and found here Free iTunes Download itunes 8.1 and downloaded it
    Good find - a lot of people look for older versions.

A nice first post, welcome to MMI

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I agree, you all won't have to worry if you just don't upgrade.
    Don't you love it when someone else post between the post yu are replying too and your reply?

Unless you were replying to the previous post in which case I'm even more confused than normal

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,051 Times in 6,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I'd gathered.
    The only super secret stuff I do involves sheep.

this site may interest you, just sayin" roflmao

Good find - a lot of people look for older versions.

A nice first post, welcome to MMI
    thanks a lot..i registered a lot time ago,but i did not reply to any topics

Thanks

Unless you were replying to the previous post in which case I'm even more confused than normal

Makes perfect sense to me, hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by xrisis View Post
    thanks a lot..i registered a lot time ago,but i did not reply to any topics
    A lot of people don't bother replying which is a real shame, you waited until you had something very useful to contribute but opinions are always worth it - anyone else waiting to post until they find something 'helpful' to post shouldn't wait.
    Now you've made your first post we look forward to seeing a lot more from you.
    Anyone else who just reads, please post your thoughts - people here don't bite, we're all learning. The more you ask, the more we learn!
    Go for it, make your first post!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I dont get why so many people are freaking out and asking a million questions when the answer is simple, if you are jailbroken and want to remain that way for now then dont update to the latest 8.2 plus there is no reason to anyway. If you have already updated dont connected your phone uninstall the latest itunes and download one of the older ones and you are back in business.

Too many people scream the sky is falling and freak for no reason right away, the update just came out, leave your phone the way it is until Dev or other people in the know post their findings are whatthey think !

Your advice would be good if it was right...
    8.2 is only a problem if you want to jailbreak. If you have already done so you could upgrade and synch without a problem.
    But it's better not to upgrade.

Thanks

Thanks!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

If I understand correctly, this would only affect those who have NOT jailbroken their phones yet and WANT to? So since my phone was jailbroken months ago, it's not an issue for me??

EDIT: Sorry--only read the first page. See this post by confucious.
    Last edited by SweetestDeals; 06-02-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetestDeals View Post
    If I understand correctly, this would only affect those who have NOT jailbroken their phones yet and WANT to? So since my phone was jailbroken months ago, it's not an issue for me??
    That would be correct.
    Welcome to MMi

All itunes versions back to 4.8 at
    Code:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_32/5702/

i've had 8.2 sence the beta 4/5 jail break was out(im not sure witch one) but i had the beta jail broke and switch back to 2.2.1 and rejailbroke just fine so its not much to worry about

ok i just unistalled itunes 8.2 and downloaded 8.1 but when i try to open 8.1 it says (the file itunes Library. itl cannot be read beacause it was created by a newer version of itunes

I had that issue and just did a search for *.itl and the results were the iTunes library files. I deleted them and iTunes started normally and just had to recreate the library. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoss View Post
    I dont get why so many people are freaking out and asking a million questions when the answer is simple, if you are jailbroken and want to remain that way for now then dont update to the latest 8.2 plus there is no reason to anyway. If you have already updated dont connected your phone uninstall the latest itunes and download one of the older ones and you are back in business.

Too many people scream the sky is falling and freak for no reason right away, the update just came out, leave your phone the way it is until Dev or other people in the know post their findings are whatthey think !
    They've been doing this for two years now, welcome to the party everyone.

how do i find itunes library

20. The Following User Says Thank You to marlon6 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-05-2009)

Yea i tried upgrading to 3.0 beta 5 with the new 8.2 itunes. and i couldent get out of the purple screen thing. so i just said whatever ill just restore it thinking it will be fine. When i tried restoring it to 2.2.1 it says error 1012... idk what to do. please help

What if we're already jailbroken?

I've been having problems syncing stuff to my iPod Classic since yesterday, and I think updating to iTunes 8.2 might fix that problem, but I'm worried about my jailbroken 3.0 beta 5 iPhone.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast