Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next iPhone to Come in "Fast" and "Slow" Versions

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Next iPhone to Come in "Fast" and "Slow" Versions
    In the most recent iPhone rumor via iLounge it appears that Apple is going to be producing two different iPhone models differentiated by data speed.

The "slow" model will be a 3g phone. The fast model will be an enhanced 3g model supporting 3.5/3.75g speeds. Americans on AT&T will most likely get the enhanced 3g model to support AT&T's upcoming 7.2 Mbps data network. Customers will not get a choice on whether they want the normal 3g or the enhanced version. Versions will be sold based on on country and carrier capabilities. The third model of the phone to be thrown in the mix will be a Chinese version for sale exclusively in China.

While you wont be able to pick which speed your carrier is offering, you will be able to pick storage size. It is still up for debate whether it is going to be an 8/32GB choice or a 16/32GB choice. We don't think Apple will be offering any 64GB models.

Finally iLounge also corroborated the rumor that the next iPhone will have a rubber back instead of the cracky plastic. What a shame -- the metal back was my favorite.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

jd88ch (05-27-2009), PotatoHead (05-26-2009), tattoojack (05-26-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yay first for once, j/k

i hope the black rubber is false
    it will hang on ur pockets

plus, i think they are gonna keep it all the same except the 3.0 software and 16/32gb options only.

just my 2 cents

Rubber back ... mmm .. Intresting

Thanks

I don't like rubbers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

meecheeman (11-19-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the rubber back would work out well if its done correctly but we will see i guess.

iPhone? More like MyPhone barrygeorge002's Avatar
    Thanks

If the back has the same texture and rubber type as the "T-Mobile Dash" had it would be great. It was a satin finish that didn't stick in your pocket but was just rubbery enough to stop it from sliding off of tables and such.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barrygeorge002 View Post
    If the back has the same texture and rubber type as the "T-Mobile Dash" had it would be great. It was a satin finish that didn't stick in your pocket but was just rubbery enough to stop it from sliding off of tables and such.
    now that wouldn't be so bad,
    like a "rubberised" material.
    i have a hard plastic camo case for my 3G that has that satin rubber feel to it.
    and i agree, doesnt bind in the pocket and helps grip the hand and dash great!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

Doran (05-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If it's like the Motorola phones it will be nice. Was way more durable than I would have believed......didn't show prints and stayed put on my chart table where as my old phone would hit the floor.

Thanks

I'm not digging the slow and fast versions...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't get to pick which version I'm getting?! What I'm paying for it... I better get the fast version lol

as long as the u.s. gets the fast version then im dont care

hopefully we get a fast version in germany, and if the rubber back is pulling out all your stuff from your pocket, then i want my metall case back

I don't have 3g where i live yet so if thats what they mean by being able to pick a fast and slow version then i think i would be ok with that... as long as it was cheaper lol i dont want to pay for a 3g network that i cant use.... Is there any websites that have info on when 3g is supposed to come to your area?

The question has to be why? The current version supports 3.6Mb HSDPA and I'm really not sure what the benefit of making a 3G only version would be, it would surely be a lot easier, and cheaper, to produce one version worldwide (apart from a cheap version for China).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The question has to be why? The current version supports 3.6Mb HSDPA and I'm really not sure what the benefit of making a 3G only version would be, it would surely be a lot easier, and cheaper, to produce one version worldwide (apart from a cheap version for China).
    quoted for truth
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just going to ask the same question.
    Oh well. (one post closer)

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont like how they are making 2 different versions of speed. why cant we choose? i live in Canada so im hoping we get the fast version and there is only 1 company that carries the iphone here in Canada, and im pretty damn sure that they are capable of running the fast version. seeing how its Canadas main provider when it comes to telecommunications services. and as for the rubber back, it would be great if it didnt stick in your pockets but had enough rubber on it to stop it from sliding of slippery surfaces like a desk.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Just bring it on already. I need something new to complain about.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.sparky For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-03-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    I think the rubber back would work out well if its done correctly but we will see i guess.
    If it's like the matte black shell on my all-in-one remote, it'll be pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The current 3G model probably doesn't support some of the new features, such as video recording.
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 05-26-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by treble26 View Post
    ...why cant we choose? i live in Canada so im hoping we get the fast version...
    I'm sure that if the provider is capable they'll offer the faster one. Would they deprive you of the capability? I'm sure there would be a market in providing faster internet and a faster phone.
    *T*Mo**

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast