+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Selling iPhone 3G through US Online Store, Clearing its Inventories!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sometime back, Apple made it possible to pay for iPhone 3G Online from the US Online Apple Store but with no option of doorstep delivery! This was still a pain
    Thanks

Thumbs up Apple Now Selling iPhone 3G through US Online Store, Clearing its Inventories!

Sometime back, Apple made it possible to pay for iPhone 3G Online from the US Online Apple Store but with no option of doorstep delivery! This was still a pain as you still had to visit the nearby (or farby!) Apple store to grab it.

But it seems that you Apple changed this policy, without any announcement. Effective immediately, you can get the phone delivered straight to your doorstep from the US Apple Online Store - without even paying a shipping price! This is a clever move by Apple, which seems to be in a hurry to clear it's inventory, probably to prepare them for the anticipated upcoming model of the iPhone.

If you are not much interested in buying the upcoming model - maybe because you really love the current one - you can now order it online.

[Engadget]

P.S. If you are not an AT&T customer, you will be asked to sign up and choose a rate plan as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

are these refurb or new models?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

New ones

Green Apple
    Thanks

Getting the new 1!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    do you have to take out a contract with these?

vcf
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i sure you will for that price. you have to pay Att some how... they always get there cut

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unfortunately this will flood the market with 3Gs which will make it harder for me to sell mine to purchase the new one

Thanks

I thought the same thing , but now with the Sling Player App out It doesnt matter because that will be enough for me to get everything out of my 3G until the jailbreaks come out on the new iphones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    New ones
    That's a shame - no chance of BL 5.8 then!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    Unfortunately this will flood the market with 3Gs which will make it harder for me to sell mine to purchase the new one
    If your phone is able to be unlocked then just yellowsn0w unlock and sell it on eBay . There are plenty of people out there too lazy, or not computer-smart enough to unlock it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

I deff think it should drop the HIGH *** prices I see on a lot of 3G phones out there.. I'm sick of people thinking there used Iphone 3G, Is worth just as much as a new one from Apple. What cause you think you unlocked it, it's really worth all that much more! I rather it not unlocked.. So I can do it my self.. But I know People are lazy!! Thats for sure!! They can't read , and be bothered to plug **** in!

Anyways, I think this is a great move for Apple.. As well, I think they should drop the price on these Iphones as well.. Has anyone brought in a water damaged Iphone and got another yet?
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That's a shame - no chance of BL 5.8 then!
    Too bad!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    I deff think it should drop the HIGH *** prices I see on a lot of 3G phones out there.. I'm sick of people thinking there used Iphone 3G, Is worth just as much as a new one from Apple.
    Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. Do you think someone should sell one to you cheaper just because you don't think it's worth much?

I think an Aston Martin DB9 is worth 50 - why do they sell them for so much :cry:
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. Do you think someone should sell one to you cheaper just because you don't think it's worth much?

I think an Aston Martin DB9 is worth 50 - why do they sell them for so much :cry:
    +1

To each his own. Don't like the price? Then don't buy it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question for anyone to answer whats the policy on a lost iphone , I know the make you buy another (not actually lost) but want one for my lady but no att contract so was going to say mines is lost,,,,,and buy another ,,will that work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    I doubt it will be harder for you to sell your iPhone 3G as allot of people will still love and want it,
    The only thing that sucks about the iPhone in the USA is that you are locked into a contract with your Telco,
    Here in Australia we have anti competitive laws which restrict Telco's locking phones to a contact or telco,
    So we buy the iPhones outright and go with who ever we like.. such as who ever has the best data plans,
    so my advice is sell it on eBay to OZ and you'll find you will be able to get the new iPhone 4G,
    Telco's in OZ actually unlock it for you...so ho ever you sell it to can have it done..
    That's what i'm doing....

Thanks

I'm not sure that Optus can actually unlock an AT&T phone....

iPhone? More like MyPhone silent1643's Avatar
    Thanks

i got mine like 2 months ago - delivered to my door - but was refurb for $99

Thanks

Have you checked your BL?

iPhone? More like MyPhone silent1643's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you checked your BL?
    yup just have upgrade/activation charge on mine - phones were shipped free came UPS i think. Me and my wife both got an upgrade.