Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sling is Out, Jailbreakers can Haz 3G

Default 3.0 Version coming shortly
    I got an email today from Jordan saying the new version of Tricker3G is coming very soon, so those of us with 3.0 will be back running Slingplayer on 3G

Quote Originally Posted by eriwan1 View Post
    hallo all
    need TrickerThreeG for OS 3.0
    any help here

regads
    eriwan1
    Join the queue, with the rest of us....

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    I got an email today from Jordan saying the new version of Tricker3G is coming very soon, so those of us with 3.0 will be back running Slingplayer on 3G
    That sounds promising, hopefully it's not too far off then.

Nevermind...apparently I offended dude below...you know being an ******* is 'optional'
    Last edited by c1mermaid; 06-24-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: I didn't realize it was spam I thought I was being nice...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by c1mermaid View Post
    I'm still very new here but today on Woot.com they have recertified slingbox's for $99.00 here is the specs Woot is a deal a day so it's only good for 6/24/2009:
    Sling Media Slingbox SOLO
    $99.99

* + $5 shipping
    This is a blatant advert..piss off please forum spammer. People in this thread already have slingboxes, hence the discussion of slingplayer software

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    This is a blatant advert..piss off please forum spammer. People in this thread already have slingboxes, hence the discussion of slingplayer software
    Although I don't advocate spamming at all, and I also don't like to see threads taken off topic....

....but..... since when does someone with 21 posts get to play forum police? Just saying...

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Im the forum police......

And he's not a spammer....

Everyone lay off, that was a nice gesture on a good deal.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

c1mermaid (06-25-2009), tsatryan (06-24-2009)

Well said cpjr.

He was just new, found a good deal and posted it. If he'd been around a bit longer he probably would have realised that he didn't need to post all the details but after the abuse he received, I doubt if he'll be back!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Although I don't advocate spamming at all, and I also don't like to see threads taken off topic....

....but..... since when does someone with 21 posts get to play forum police? Just saying...
    Fine. Just because I have 21 posts here doesn't mean I haven't been around the world of forums for years now. This struck me as pretty spammy looking right off the bat. Sorry if I'm sensitive but I'm a bit tired of seeing many good forums spammed. Nothing forum police about it, just hate getting threads I value taken off topics I am very much waiting to hear pertinent info from and causing an unneeded visit. Won't bother next time I see something here that to me resembles spam.
    Last edited by Ozdude; 06-25-2009 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks

Fine. Just because I have 21 posts here doesn't mean I haven't been around the world of forums for years now. This struck me as pretty spammy looking right off the bat. Sorry if I'm sensitive but I'm a bit tired of seeing many good forums spammed. Nothing forum police about it, just hate getting threads I value taken off topics I am very much waiting to hear pertinent info from and causing an unneeded visit. Won't bother next time I see something here that to me resembles spam.
    I believe the proper recourse would be to report the allegedly offending post to a moderator, rather than trying to be a de-facto vigilante moderator yourself.

I believe the proper recourse would be to report the allegedly offending post to a moderator, rather than trying to be a de-facto vigilante moderator yourself.
    whatever mate. I've been on tons of forums where this kind of thing as happened and it's been jumped on by several members long before I get to see it. This is a rare case where I saw it first. Next time, if there is one, it's not my problem. I must say in the several months I've read and been active here, a lot things don't impress me about this one.

Ok we're on 3.0 GM now and 2 days away from final release. Still no word on Tricker 3G compatibility though .
    Tricker 3g works for me on my 3.0 OS.

Quote Originally Posted by ckat238 View Post
    Are you using the 3GS?

hmmmm, ooook. Well if that's definitely case it didn't happen by itself, it must have been updated. In which case great to see no one bothered to announce it in this thread. Gee I'm loving this forum more all the time... In my case I'm several day behind as I haven't jailbroken my 3GS yet, not that it's guaranteed to work on the 3GS just because it works on 3.0. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow when I get time to jailbreak...

Thanks

I will look forward to your report. I haven't upgraded to either 3.0 on my 3G, or upgrading to the 3Gs yet, because I am unwilling to give up functionality that I have now that is working perfectly just to have the new stuff. When jailbreaking, including all the ingredients (ie Winterboard) works fine, and I also know that I can continue to use Slingplayer outside of wifi, then I will upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcking View Post
    Are you using the 3GS?
    Sorry I didn't specify. I am using my 3G.

I will look forward to your report. I haven't upgraded to either 3.0 on my 3G, or upgrading to the 3Gs yet, because I am unwilling to give up functionality that I have now that is working perfectly just to have the new stuff. When jailbreaking, including all the ingredients (ie Winterboard) works fine, and I also know that I can continue to use Slingplayer outside of wifi, then I will upgrade.
    I was the same as you. I took the plunge yesterday and updated my 3G to 3.0. The dev team has done an amazing job of setting up tools to jailbreak and unlock our phones. I have all funcationality as I did with 2.2.1. Take the plunge!
    Last edited by ckat238; 07-07-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

TrickerThreeG crashes Appstore still for me on the 3Gs.

Can confirm on my freshly jailbroken 3GS with Tricker 3G installed, it is the same as previously on my 3G with 3.0, Slingplayer closes and does not finish start up. I'll be happy to confirm the same on my old 3G later as well...
    Last edited by Ozdude; 07-07-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks

Sorry I didn't specify. I am using my 3G.

I was the same as you. I took the plunge yesterday and updated my 3G to 3.0. The dev team has done an amazing job of setting up tools to jailbreak and unlock our phones. I have all funcationality as I did with 2.2.1. Take the plunge!
    It would appear that you are not correct - that Tricker3G is not working on either 3.0 or on the 3Gs, and hence, SlingPlayer will not work outside of a wifi connection.

I think I will still wait until I hear that it is working.

Tricker3G works great on my iPhone 3G 3.0 but doesn't work on my 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by flipto View Post
    Tricker3G works great on my iPhone 3G 3.0 but doesn't work on my 3GS.
    Well I thought I'd be rebuking the claim about it working on the 3G 3.0, but I just set up my old 3G 3.0 again and bingo it worked.

That's really frustrating that it now doesn't work on the 3GS, I really hate solutions being one step behind. Working on the 3G 3.0 would be really handy a month and a half ago...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast