Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missouri's Journalism School Makes National Headlines!

I think its a good idea because its such a powerful device but i think the university should pay for the device if someone chooses the phone. Besides. the contract is the expensive part.

Thanks

They could also include it in the price of tuition, much like some universities do. My millde son will be starting at Villanova this fall and all freshmen have to get a laptop (Dells for most- communicaitons majors - a Macbook) . They have to turn it in after 2 years and they get a replacement which they can then keep after graduation. WHile it appears its "given" to the students- the official stand its that its included in tuition.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    colleges all make money from the government.
    guarantee they get a kick back for every iphone, itouch, book, pen, notepad.

its just like prison.
    umm, the school isn't in anyway involved with the purchase of the phone/ipod... its simply covered by your financial aid now, just like a book or housing or whatever else.

so no, higher education is not like prison.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is absurd. People can barely afford the outrageous book fees that are charged and now they are upping the criteria even more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Personally, I won't be attending this college (I don't make the requirements of course) however this is a good thing.

BTW, I ironically live just 30 miles south of the campus

MU is a good college :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by designgears View Post
    umm, the school isn't in anyway involved with the purchase of the phone/ipod... its simply covered by your financial aid now, just like a book or housing or whatever else.

so no, higher education is not like prison.

prisons get a set amount of money from the government everyday for each person.

colleges do too.

prisons get extra money for transporting people to other locations, medical care, dental, etc.

colleges do too.

prisons get even more money for books, learning tools, training equipment, classes, etc.

colleges do too.

so.....

if the college makes it mandatory, YOU charge it to the government in the form of college loans or grants, financial aid, whatever.

the government then adjusts the amount of money that college is generating, and compensates them accordingly.

bringing the cost from the government for each student up!

making the college more money.

and if you really believe "higher education" is its only purpose, then you are sadly mistaken.

colleges are just as much of a business as hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by mkozak View Post
    F*ck MU ....

-KU Student.
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    Another reason among many not to go to MU. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

Oh Geez, the B12 North sucks, you can both shut up....

I think it's cool and I'd welcome it if I were a student there as well. Just like others have said it's no different then shelling out the cash for books, why not get a cool new gadget out of the deal that you can use much longer then a text book.

Yehhh mizzouu!!

faget. kansas can suck it who was the one to go to the eliete eight yeh thats right *****
    Last edited by slayer5050; 05-14-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes, either school sucks not because of academical achievements, but because of the sports they play, grow up and GO TO COLLEGE.

Dumbasses.

Anyway, free iPod Touch when you go to MU...Get the 32GB just for shits and grins?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12