+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Fuzzyband Downgrader. Downgrade any baseband with a simple click of a button!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by chinh but will they CHECK to see if you're a valid ATT user? If so, what if i give my ATT friend to bring it in, will
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinh View Post
    but will they CHECK to see if you're a valid ATT user? If so, what if i give my ATT friend to bring it in, will they VERIFY that phone is tied to his account?
    haha

because my RINGER button is a little wobbly too.

No they do not check if you are an AT&T customer. This is what the Concierge told me at the apple store, "We don't care where you bought the phone from, all we are concerned about is the warranty." They check your serial number to make sure it's under warranty, which you can do here https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

But the person at the Apple store did not even blink twice, just swapped me out after he verified the warranty.

As far as being an AT&T customer my advice is to backup your phone and reload it without Cydia or any other signs of jailbreak. Also don't bring your Turbo SIM. In your case I would use my friends AT&T SIM. Or you can go to an AT&T store and buy a SIM for $25 and activate it as a "pay as you go" for free, by telling them you already have a phone and you need a pay as you go SIM.

My last bit of advice when going into the Apple Store is DO NOT volunteer information, only answer the questions you are asked, and always be polite. If you have questionable questions like "is my warranty voided if I use a Turbo SIM" CALL and ask.

Hope This Helps

OK here is my problem now that I am downgraded, there is no longer an option for me to input my APN information. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by chrisj979; 05-13-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj979 View Post
    OK here is my problem now that I am downgraded, there is no longer an option for me to input my APN information. Can anyone help?
    Interesting. You're now on FW 2.21 and BB 2.28.00 but don't have the Settings->General->Network->Cellular data Network page?
    if so you might have to try one of the ipsw's for your APN settings.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

chrisj979 (05-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question bootloader 5.09
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ You are a reckless crazy person. I like it

I in no way endorse that method tho. BTW it will not work! Sorry
    hello is thier date when they will have the downgrader ready for 5.09.thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alisafadi View Post
    hello is thier date when they will have the downgrader ready for 5.09.thank you.
    No.
    I don't think it will happen.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

chrisj979 (05-14-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ +1

All the effort is being placed in cracking the 3.0 basebands. 5.09 downgrade wont be helpful once 3.0 hits and everyone upgrades to that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

chrisj979 (05-14-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Interesting. You're now on FW 2.21 and BB 2.28.00 but don't have the Settings->General->Network->Cellular data Network page?
    if so you might have to try one of the ipsw's for your APN settings.
    yup FW 2.2.1 BB 02.28.00, but no Cellular Data Network page. Yeah something is wrong cause in General>About it shows my carrier as (null)(null). Let me play around with this some.

Thanks

yup FW 2.2.1 BB 02.28.00, but no Cellular Data Network page. Yeah something is wrong cause in General>About it shows my carrier as (null)(null). Let me play around with this some.
    (null)(null)? That rings a bell - who is your carrier?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

chrisj979 (05-14-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

(null)(null)? That rings a bell - who is your carrier?
    T-Mobile

Thanks

T-Mobile
    The good news is that it is an activation problem and is easily fixed.

The bad news is that I can't remember how.

Someone else had the same problem and someone eventually figured out what it was - I think the user with the problem was im2cute but I've searched and can't find the thread. Have to go to work now, will try and find it later if you haven't.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

chrisj979 (05-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey can someone tell/pm me the source for big boss repo please?

Thanks

BigBoss is one of the defaults - if you don't have it it would probably be an idea to re-install cydia.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

chrisj979 (05-14-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The good news is that it is an activation problem and is easily fixed.

The bad news is that I can't remember how.

Someone else had the same problem and someone eventually figured out what it was - I think the user with the problem was im2cute but I've searched and can't find the thread. Have to go to work now, will try and find it later if you haven't.
    Thanks so much for the help but I was able to figure it out. Last week I was messing around with the carrier bundles, and I didn't realize how important CAPS was and I was typing TMobile instead of T-Mobile. So the phone was not really using a carrier bundle but I corrected that last night and now I'm back to normal. Thanks alot for your time and help though.

So to anyone new to SSH remember it is case sensitive.

Thanks

Glad you got it sorted.
    Not sure what Macs are like but on PCs most things are case insensitive. lots of Unix is case sensitive though - it does get lots of people!

Good to here you're back in the iPhone world though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

find the cydia..

Quote Originally Posted by GooglePot View Post
    Great stuff.

now where do i get 3G Fuzzyband Downgrader?
    Last edited by mYiPhOnE7; 05-15-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    im stuck with 5.09.... so there's no solution? what if i upgrade to 3.0 once i have the new baseband use fuzzy to downgrade, then quickpwn to 2.2.1, would that work?

Thanks

No

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooritexxx View Post
    im stuck with 5.09.... so there's no solution? what if i upgrade to 3.0 once i have the new baseband use fuzzy to downgrade, then quickpwn to 2.2.1, would that work?
    The ONLY way to change your BOOTLOADER is to replace the logic board in your phone or buy another iPhone. And doing that will more than likely get you a newer BOOTLOADER not the older.

Or you can figure out which chip on the logic board has the BOOTLOADER then break out the sodering tool remove it and find a chip that has the 5.8 bootloader and solder that back into your iPhone board and hopefully you rphone still works and VOLIA you are ready to downgrade. But there are major risk to this.

Mind you if you just sit patiently for a month or so things will be better, you rpatience will pay off. If you are not patient then go to AT&T and get a GoPhone SIM for the time being.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ Spot on!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ Spot on!
    Not quite! Apparently the chip that the BL is on is glued on, not soldered on, which, I believe, actually makes it more, not less, difficult to change.
    If you could get hold of one.
    Which you can't.

Thanks

Noob question alert, how can I tell what bootloader I currenlty have? I'd guess it'd be 5.08 as I bought mine about 9 months ago...

Doh, mine's 5.9, guess I'm out of luck...
    Last edited by Amraam; 05-17-2009 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost