+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Fuzzyband Downgrader. Downgrade any baseband with a simple click of a button!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by alirz strange. I've always stayed at 2.2. (baseband 2.28) never upgraded to 2.2.1 or 3.0 betas. I ran the tool and my bootoader is 5.09 ?? i
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    strange. I've always stayed at 2.2. (baseband 2.28) never upgraded to 2.2.1 or 3.0 betas.
    I ran the tool and my bootoader is 5.09 ?? i though that only came with 2.2.1 and onwards?
    Your BL comes with your hardware - it does not change. I believe you are thinking of the BaseBand which does change with the FW.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ If you are still on 3.0 it wont work. It also has problems installing from icy.
    I forgot to update my info in the corner lol, Im on 2.2.1 and i downloaded it with Cydia and it just crashes upon startup. Tried a restart and everything, nothing.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

I downgraded from 3.0 beta 5 and downgraded my baseband perfectly with this app on firmware 2.2.1! Awesome thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugotpwned5 View Post
    I downgraded from 3.0 beta 5 and downgraded my baseband perfectly with this app on firmware 2.2.1! Awesome thanks!
    So you're now on 2.28? Congrats. What are the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMario16's Avatar
    Thanks

If this only would work on 5.09. DARN!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Y'all are getting WAY to caught up on this serial number thing. WOW! Just download the app and run it. It takes 1 minute and you'll know what your bootloader is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

5.09 was released specifically to stop this working!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Guys... can anyone tell me the address to add in the bigboss repo? Id like to try this but thus far no ones given any helpful info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allcoast View Post
    How can I tell what bootloader I have on mine?
    Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by ugotpwned5 View Post
    setting>general>about
    NO !!!! That's where you find the firmware version and modem version (baseband).

If you want to know what boot loader you have on your phone, maybe you should take the time to, oh I don't know.. READ post 1?

We almost need a mini dictionary attached to threads like this which defines firmware, baseband and boot loader. People interchange these terms far too frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If the 3rd digit of your serial number is 8 and the 4th and 5th digit are less than 28 you *might* have BL 5.8 so it's worth down;loading the tool and it will check your BL for you.
    That system isn't worth the time it takes to look at your serial number. I'm 0-3 following that. Just download the program from post 1 to be absolutely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    5.09 was released specifically to stop this working!
    Where are the facts that support this theory? This exploit was apparently only discovered like 2 weeks ago right? 5.09 came on my iPhones that I purchased in August of last year. Apple didn't release this boot loader to counter anything that the hacking community had. It was probably released as part of their normal update cycle on the phones.

By the way KUDOS to the programmers who made this program. It really simplifies things.
    Last edited by exNavy; 05-10-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks

Used it and it worked like a charm. Lucky to have a 5.08 bootloader.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so does this mean i can upgrade my firware to 2.2.1 or even 3.0 and still unlock my 3g iphone? sorry im really an newbie.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

What would happen if you used this on an iPod? LOL.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Where are the facts that support this theory? This exploit was apparently only discovered like 2 weeks ago right? 5.09 came on my iPhones that I purchased in August of last year. Apple didn't release this boot loader to counter anything that the hacking community had. It was probably released as part of their normal update cycle on the phones.
    Bootloader 5.09 wasnt released specifically to combat this app but it was released to prevent something like this from happening. Apple has been in a cat and mouse with jailbreaking since the iPhone came out 2 years ago so they know they have to constantly update to more complicated firmwares, bootloaders, and basebands to prevent jailbreaking and unlocking. Why do you think Yellowsn0w only works on a certain baseband?

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    Then it will try to downgrade a baseband that isnt there, and as a result, install the right baseband and thus you will have an iPhone without a camera...
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 05-10-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post
    Guys... can anyone tell me the address to add in the bigboss repo? Id like to try this but thus far no ones given any helpful info.
    The Big Boss repo is one of the community sources on Cydia so as long as you are up to date you should be fine. If you somehow deleted it: http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

So I'm assuming if one were to download this and upon trying to run it it crashes, that means that the bootloader is 5.09+ ?

Thanks

For those of you who are having crashing issues please confirm you have already downgraded your firmware to 2.2.1 and are downloading this from Cydia. (as opposed to on 3.0 beta on downloading from icy).

You can always download and run the "3G Baseband downgrader" app as an alternative. If it runs and says "failed" at the end you'll know you have the 5.09 or higher bootloader. I have tried this method dozens of times and it doesn't do any damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I officially love this app. I had a relatively new iPhone that had the newest bootloader on it and could not be downgraded, and I was stuck on one of the 3.0 basebands. I had that iPhone swapped out at the Apple Store today, and the manufacturing date on the replacement was Week 17 of 2009. Sure enough, it had 2.2.1 and the 02.30.03 baseband on it. On a whim, I decided to run this downgrader anyway as I knew the replacement phones were usually refurbished and I could potentially have an older motherboard with the 5.08 bootloader on it(a very slim chance yes, but I figured what the hell). I loaded up the downgrader and stood in total shock as it showed me what my bootloader was...5.08. I was able to downgrade successfully and now have the 02.28.00 baseband. @#$% YEAH!

For anyone who has had their iPhone replaced by Apple, you may want to check your bootloader as you could get lucky like I did. I can post a screenshot if anyone wants showing that I do in fact have a Week 17 of 2009 iPhone with the 02.28.00 baseband. I'm pretty sure this would only be possible on replacement units from Apple but it's still better than nothing!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Y'all are getting WAY to caught up on this serial number thing. WOW! Just download the app and run it. It takes 1 minute and you'll know what your bootloader is.
    Thank you! It takes just a few moments to download and run the app. That way you will know for sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by staterunner180

Then it will try to downgrade a baseband that isnt there, and as a result, install the right baseband and thus you will have an iPhone without a camera...
    I will try this and let you know of my results. Ha.

Thanks

?!?!?!? An iPod Touch doesn't have a baseband.... lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]