Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 3.0 is finally here! New QuickPwn with Cydia Released (For All Devices)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The same reason nothing can be jailbroken on 3.0GM
    Apple have seen how all the betas have been jailbroken and 'fixed' it in the GM making it much more difficult. If GM is jailbroken then they could 'fix' it for the final release.
    If you are talking about the Betas it's because the only people working on them have been working on the iPhone.
    The Dev team won't do anything until the final is released so Apple can't block it for the majority of people that want to use it.
    i think that is why there is so much confusion regarding the Gold Master and in thinking that it is a Beta release.

The GM is the DeFacto standard release, however there are always little last minute tweaks that can be performed that wouldn't warrant it being beta.

It's better that they wait to Jailbreak instead of doing it right off of the cuff.

In fact I wonder if perhaps in the long term it would have been better for you Dev's to hold off on making your findings so public and sharing them with the world. It might have made life easier when the "Official" iTunes upgrade comes out.

Either way, I am certain that when the 17th comes around next week there will be a big huge banner on the front page on the 18th saying "F/W 3.0 Jailbroken!" And sure enough there are going to be hundreds of useless posts of people going:

"So will this work with with the regular 3G?"

"Do I need to upgrade to 8.2?"

"Is this just for the Beta, or the GM or the Official Release?"

"Can I have a link to the iPod Touch upgrade..."

and my personal favorite

"Will all my cracked applications work with 3.0?"

I remember when people actually read forums... Especially the front page...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

The same reason nothing can be jailbroken on 3.0GM
    Apple have seen how all the betas have been jailbroken and 'fixed' it in the GM making it much more difficult. If GM is jailbroken then they could 'fix' it for the final release.
    I think the issue is more one of the unlock. I'm pretty sure the exploit the Dev Team use to jailbreak is so far down the chain of trust that Apple have to change hardware to prevent the jailbreak (3GS should be interesting), but unlock is a different matter.

They just don't want to give away anything that could even remotely give Apple the upper hand in their game of cat and mouse Espescially if as I think, and note this is mere speculation, they have already unlocked the new baseband anyway

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ You are
    Haha worth a go. I'm in the UK and it was probably some silly time in the morning when I posted that.

Isn't there something where the watchdog process time out and it wont generate the map for your home screen? I'm sure I had to gain SSH somehow to fix that before, but that might be cos everything else was running underneath that painfully frustrating apple boot logo
    Last edited by nikc0069; 06-10-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This works with 3.0 GM correct? I haVe tried it and it say that it is for beta 5, unless there is something I am missing? Also, is there any way to do this on a mac yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

This is for beta 5 and not for the GM. The GM jailbreak has not been released

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

ND1612 (06-12-2009)

Ok, so I have what maybe a stupid question... I am getting the new phone and want to give my old one to my son. We are all AT&T family plan, can I jailbreak and use his sim card to avoid signing up for another iPhone plan? He does not need the data plan so I would rather continue to pay only $10 vs the $60, any help would be appreciated.

You don't need to jailbreak. Just pop his SIM in and it should work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

treticker (06-12-2009)

So what about the plan, will he have data access, will I need a new plan, anymore details would be appreciated....

If you don't want him to use the internet, then make sure you have the Internet access blocked on that phone line before he uses the iPhone.

ok so should i fallow this http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...l-devices.html
    and jail break if i upgrade to 3.0 now?? ,i really want to upgrade,so ill wait for the answer,

Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 6,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    ok so should i fallow this http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...l-devices.html
    and jail break if i upgrade to 3.0 now?? ,i really want to upgrade,so ill wait for the answer,
    I would suggest you wait till Friday or Saturday when the 3.0 J/B is supposed to be released if J/B or Unlock is important to you. Otherwise, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I would suggest you wait till Friday or Saturday when the 3.0 J/B is supposed to be released if J/B or Unlock is important to you. Otherwise, go for it.
    Well on the blog link which is on first post ,says it should be released today after the 3.0 release.I don't need unlock now,so im not sure but ,is the link on first post for the final 3.0 that released today?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok ...heres my little problem. I have got a USA release iphone 2 version 2.1.1 it was unlocked/jailbreaked and I was able to use it in Australia with telstra sim card. All was good until (I don't know what got into me)I upgraded to version 3.0. As a continuance iphone is locked and I am unable to sinc in with itunes. I can still receive calls and only have an option to dial emergency numbers only. I use a pc with windows xp pro. I have made a backup before upgrading, if thats any good now. Is QuickPownFullB5 worth a try, if yes, where can I find instructions on how to aply it? , didnt realize how much I relied on it till now.Can anyone HELP!!! please

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

krystof:

Have you tried using redsn0w?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no I havent, but thanks for the pointer. I'll give it a go, I assume it's good with windows and good to work via itunes (if using itunes)if so i have the latest version 8.2 i think. Anyway I'll get more info. Cheers, thanks.

Default QuickPwn for Mac
    what about QuickPwn for Mac, we are on Mac site and only PC app is listed???

We're not on a Mac site we're on an iPhone site!

hasn't modmyi been an all things applesite since they dropped "fone" off the end? Either way, if you wanted to use quickpwn, u should use redsn0w. It's essentially they same process just with a different gui Oh, and compatible with 3.0
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

There are still a lot of apps that need fixing in 3.0
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Hi! I can't downgrade my Iphone,I had it jailbroken before, but then I upgrade it to 3.1, and know I'm deep s.... is there anny one who can help?

Either use a Mac and pwnage, find a custom ipsw made by someone else or downgrade and use RedSn0w

JB is not a problem so long as you don't nee to unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast